Shred 2019 (also feat. Ripped in 30 & 6 week 6 pack & No more trouble zones & Kickbox FastFix & YogaInferno & KillerAbs)

Mountain Goat

Re: Shred 2019 (also feat. Ripped in 30 & 6 week 6 pack & No more trouble zones & Kickbox FastFix & Yoga Inferno)

Post by Mountain Goat »

Your whitey sleep and your entire body seizure is making me laugh, which could sound mean out of context. :lol:

My fitbit actually picked up on yesterday's session, which is unusual (it made a special declaration that it had auto identified an activity which it called "sport") but the negging bastard told me it believed I had burned a total of 69 calories. :lg:

I've almost forgotten 1WS already. It must have been traumatic.
Protected by the ejaculation of serpents
Disco

Re: Shred 2019 (also feat. Ripped in 30 & 6 week 6 pack & No more trouble zones & Kickbox FastFix & Yoga Inferno)

Post by Disco »

I've forgotten 1WS from this morning already! :lol: I have just done L3 of KB so I am done for the day now.

I always set my fitbit when I'm working out. I don't want to rely on the auto recognise but the HR means that my graphs mean a bit more - yours doesn't have the HR bit does it?
Mountain Goat

Post by Mountain Goat »

Oh well done. I'm just about to go in.

I can and should set my fitbit but I never remember because my phone is never in the same room, and the lack of HR means that it means very little anyway other than ticking a box to say that I've exercised that day. I can go back and tell it I exercised after the fact and guess the burn, which is probably just as (in) accurate, but I don't usually bother with that either. Really I need a better fitbit/other to make it worth recording. I mainly got it not for recording exercise (as I'd usually use Runkeeper or something for running) but for giving me a kick about how inactive I am when not actively exercising, if you see what I mean. While some days my day will mean I'm walking all over the place and burning ok calories just living, some weeks when I'm desk bound by a project that's just sitting down I barely move except to put the kettle on and I mostly wanted to keep an eye on that sort of base level inactivity, so I make sure I compensate for it. The emergence of Jillian has changed my priorities however.
Mountain Goat

Post by Mountain Goat »

Ripped L3, D3: better but still fucking exhausting. Question: do you remember the move where you roll back into a reverse crunch from standing, then boing back up again? I keep crossing my legs - both before I roll back, and in order to stand up. It's (I think) because I sit cross legged on the floor all the time and that's the way I stand up and sit down so it's kind of hardwired into me, but I'm also wondering if it's easier or working the wrong muscles. I tried to do it with normal legs and could roll back that way, a bit awkwardly, but they just sprung back into crosses to stand up, and if I had worked at forcing myself I'd end up doing nothing else but trying to retrain my brain during that bit and not get the exercise in. I'll try at some point when I'm not doing the exercise just to try and get my brain to comply and to see if it has a different impact, but I was just wondering if I'm doing it because of habit or because it's an easier variation (I don't know if it is or not) and I'm phoning it in? If it's just habit and it doesn't much matter I won't kill myself trying to change.
Mountain Goat

Post by Mountain Goat »

I can't do straight legged without hand support! :panic: While cross legged is nothing.

Worse thing: fucking Thames Water is outside and I have no water and can't have a shower. :cry: Apparently lots of us in our street got blank text messages from them earlier this week, presumably failing to notify us of this. Thank god I don't have a meeting or anything, I reek. I had no idea until I stood in the shower and nothing happened.
Texaco Shirley

Post by Texaco Shirley »

I’ve just logged in for the first time on holiday and you’re both working really hard :panic:
Mountain Goat

Post by Mountain Goat »

Says the person who ran round a track ON HOLIDAY. I was about to post something about phoning it in on your FB until I saw you categorically hadn't. :lol:
Texaco Shirley

Post by Texaco Shirley »

You say ran :lol: There were a few photo stops, then there were breaks for L moaning plus it was quite warm and humid and we’d been at a water park all day. It was the slowest 5K ever :lol: It was more about seeing the F1 track from a driver’s perspective than the actual running.
Mountain Goat

Post by Mountain Goat »

Ah, that's better. :)) Hope you're having a good time? If you're having too good a time, do a duck walk.
Texaco Shirley

Post by Texaco Shirley »

We are thank you although it’s not the most relaxing holiday. We kayaked 4.5k today to stave off the need for a duck walk.
Mountain Goat

Post by Mountain Goat »

Christ, well done! I mean that sounds a lot more fun than a duck walk and I do like a kayak, but not easier.
Disco

Post by Disco »

I am too full to do the move you speak of at the moment but I have a feeling that it is easier doing it with crossed legs. In my mind's eye I am doing it and it feels natural to cross legs but that's because it's so much easier to propel yourself off crossed legs (it feels like in my imagination). It's like the sit ups in KB, I think. JM says we can throw our arms forward - and she does as do I also because it feels natural to/ is easier - or we can keep them static with fingertips by our ears for more resistance. I think you're doing a mod potentially.

Do you have water yet?

Glad you're having a good time, Tex and still keeping up with activities.
Mountain Goat

Post by Mountain Goat »

I think I am too. I've tried a few times and I can't get up from straight legs without using my hand. Even sitting down is a graceless plop. :mrgreen: Whereas crossing my legs gives me leverage. I'm going to practice but will probably have to mod in the meantime so I keep moving.

I have water and am washed, thankfully, which means I can go out and eat pho without causing mass evacuation.
Mountain Goat

Post by Mountain Goat »

DOMS! DOMS everywhere! :panic:

Also, just now I hobbled down the stairs to answer the front door to a man trying to deliver/install mobility aids to the wrong address. :lol: I was tempted to lie and say yes, I did order a stair lift.
Mountain Goat

Post by Mountain Goat »

Ripped L3, D4: done. Definitely getting better, definitely still a complete bastard. The strength stuff for me is up there with 1WS in terms of making me make unpleasant grunting noises and sweat like it's cardio. But I like it, there's nothing that looms at me miserably, but almost everything is bloody hard. DOMS didn't make it any harder.

I did notice that I actually felt the benefit of the triceps stretch afterwards, usually that doesn't feel like anything much, which is probably a sign.

ETA: also you can tell it was hard because one of the first thoughts in my head after I finished was that I will have sausages for tea. :mrgreen:
Disco

Post by Disco »

:mrgreen: How were the sausages? You could be eating sausages as you go up and down on your Stannah.

The lack of looming dreaded moves are a big factor in enjoying hard sessions. I don't dread 1WS but I think that's because I seem to have amnesia almost straight after doing it. Saying that I forgot what I was going to say...this isn't it but I kept meaning to say to you and Tex when we were doing 1WS challenge about how much I hate Dahlia at the end of the cardio session when she does a really smug smirk and head dance to the camera. :mad:

I did 1WS cardio today; dripped sweat, worked hard, fitbit loves me. :toot:

I never stretch after any of it.
Mountain Goat

Post by Mountain Goat »

Excellent, I was home alone and still made a toad in the hole with onion gravy and mash and broccoli, and shared it with Moo, who is as keen on the hole as the toad. I've saved a sausage for lunch so will have that cruising on my Stannah.

YES ABOUT DAHLIA! Did none of us ever say that? I thought it every time, but probably the amnesia kicked in straight after. I can picture the head dance smirk crystal clear even though I've forgotten every move. The amnesia is real with 1WS, I think because there's so many moves and you do all of them for quite a brief amount of time. You can't get dread with that much variety. I get dread with perfectly easy strength moves in Shred because they just go on for so long.

Good 1WS cardio work, I'm tired just thinking about it.

But...but...if you don't do the stretch part, you don't get Jillian praising you for SHOWING UP and BEING PRESENT. :panic: Actually that always makes me feel a bit guilty because half the time I'm thinking that I wasn't that present actually, at least not in the jumping lunges.

I might need to sack today off because I've had a mare and lost all yesterday's work (a LOT). FML.
Disco

Post by Disco »

Oh no! Do you have to do it all again?!

I haven't had toad in the hole for years. I must remedy this very soon; it's going on a future weekly meal plan.

I don't think any of us did. I know every time I kept meaning to say and then instantly forgot. It is telly smashing smug though. They should've cut that out really. Yes, you're totally right about the duration of the move affecting the dread level! Totally.

I do still get JM's soothing words because that's when I move furniture back and put the kettle on, taking my trainers off so I do listen to her stretching a lot of the time. It's so boring though and the extremely rare times I do stretch afterwards I genuinely don't notice any difference in anything so I feel it's a waste of my time.

I'm sacking off today.
Texaco Shirley

Post by Texaco Shirley »

Did we not whinge about Dahlia? I’m sure I was calling her names but maybe just to myself and not posting on here.

In theory yesterday was a rest day (8 hour flight followed by 2 hour drive) so I am scheduled to start killer abs today. Obviously the holiday weight gain is an incentive and it will be the faffing about wondering what’s going on day so I might just crack on with it.
Disco

Post by Disco »

Welcome back!

I did 1WS strength on Saturday as well as a vigorous long walk. I am on day 2 of a hangover so will not be leaping about today.