Covid-19

Sky

Re: Covid-19

Post by Sky »

Lily wrote: Fri Jan 15, 2021 10:44 am
Sky wrote: Thu Jan 14, 2021 1:09 am I went for my smear this morning and the exam itself was fine, apart from the stroppy nurse, but the surgery was a shitshow. They'd called me to my OPA from December but hadn't actually updated their own system so I'm stood on the fucking doorstep shouting my personal details and reason for my visit in front of other people (YAY CONFIDENTIALITY!) and then on the way out had to push through a crowd of people waiting for flu jags.
Bugger me, surely that's a breach of all manner of things? They shouted "smear test"?! That would muster a complaint methinks.
It was me that had to shout it through the intercom when they couldn't find my appt.

"Can't find you on our system, what is it you're here for?"

"Cervical screening BUT I'D RATHER NOT STAND AND TELL YOU THIS ON THE DOORSTEP IN FRONT OF OTHER PEOPLE" :mad:

Yeah I shouted and the lady behind me rolled her eyes at their nonsense :))
nineseven wrote:What's the point in being slim if you have to stay indoors all the time, leaking from your anus?
http://www.justgiving.com/Pamela-Ward" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Lily
Picker-Lily

Post by Lily »

Oh blimey, you poor sod!
"You first have to find out who you are. Then you have to be it like mad."

My blog, if you are bored
Hazey_Jane

Post by Hazey_Jane »

Lily wrote: Fri Jan 15, 2021 10:44 am
How do people react in Germany Hazey? Are they generally compliant or do you get the denier crap you get here?
In general, people are quite ‘visibly’ compliant. I can count on the fingers of both hands the number of people I’ve seen not wearing masks on public transport or in shops etc. we’ve been wearing them since the end of April. I saw that number on one trip to Tesco when I was in the UK in December. However, how many people are sticking to the rules in more private settings is another question which of course I don’t know, i.e one household is supposed to meet only one other person privately. Imagine a family like my boss’s- mum, dad, 2 kids- they can see either granny or grandad but not both. I suspect a lot of people are seeing

As for the covid deniers and anti maskers and vaxxers, sure we have our share of them ‘Querdenkers’ they’re called. One of my friends is splitting up from his ex because she’s one.
Ella77

Post by Ella77 »

I like this, written by Grace Dent in the Guardian today.
If you find yourself in an argument, the chances are your opponent is not actually angry with you personally. They were merely carrying their anger when they happened upon your person, and you are merely collateral damage. And in that moment you are the embodiment of another three months of home-schooling or their father’s missing second vaccination jab.
https://www.theguardian.com/food/2021/j ... grace-dent
Mountain Goat

Post by Mountain Goat »

That is absolutely true.

At the same time the constant high emotion is making me want to avoid people because every Zoom feels like it could go sideways at any moment. It's really important to be there for people but it's rarely fun or relaxing. :cry:
Protected by the ejaculation of serpents
Rebel Pebble

Post by Rebel Pebble »

I really like Grace Dent. Good article.
Or perhaps they’ve just not had any fresh air for a long time, because it’s currently a bit tricky to tell what enough fresh air actually is. How long outdoors is acceptable until your need for fresh air is deemed wanton?
cluefree

Post by cluefree »

I really like her too. She’s right. I’m also worn out by high emotion, though. It’s not sustainable.
Beena

Post by Beena »

That's such a comforting article, Ella. Though it has made me miss Booths. And being carefree. And clubbing in the 90s.

My very first line manager in customer service gave ver similar advice for dealing with the irate and it stayed with me. It's not you, it's the accumulation of shit they've dealt with that day.
Pippedydeadeye
Directory Pipquiries

Post by Pippedydeadeye »

That’s what tell us in conflict resolution training at work. That you have to consider the journey the person has taken to get to you.
Mountain Goat

Post by Mountain Goat »

It becomes more difficult when you've also accumulated shit too. Sometimes it's just one side that's allowed to be a pain. OH THERE'S A BLUE TIT IN MY BIRD BATH FOR THE FIRST TIME EVER!! :disco: :love2: OK now I can take on anyone's prickles. :))
Protected by the ejaculation of serpents
Sky

Post by Sky »

I remember that on the odd occasion I need to deal with a shitty parent who's stuck at home with a severely unwell child and not much else going on. One lady yesterday had six kids and was homeschooling five of them while wrangling her 2yr old and I don't envy her one bit :))
nineseven wrote:What's the point in being slim if you have to stay indoors all the time, leaking from your anus?
http://www.justgiving.com/Pamela-Ward" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
kiwi

Post by kiwi »

Some people are just arseholes though.

Press conference at 5pm. :ruby:
Pippedydeadeye
Directory Pipquiries

Post by Pippedydeadeye »

Hopefully it’ll just be about flight restrictions & not much else.
viggy

Post by viggy »

The doom casting has begun about the Scottish schools closure being extended - official decision and announcement will be on Tuesday.
Smunder Woman
Consciously Unbellended

Post by Smunder Woman »

Shhhhhhh
sally maclennane

Post by sally maclennane »

That doesn't surprise me at all, I just can't see them reopening by start of February. Sorry!
Christ on a bendy bus son, don't be such a fucking faff arse
viggy

Post by viggy »

sally maclennane wrote: Fri Jan 15, 2021 4:23 pm That doesn't surprise me at all, I just can't see them reopening by start of February. Sorry!
Aye, as soon as I heard English schools were shut til mid Feb, I thought there was no way we'd go back Feb 1st.

A lot of folk I know are mentally preparing for home schooling til Easter, and if we get back before then it will be a pleasant surprise.
Little My

Post by Little My »

Our whole province is on a "Stay At Home" order, but our schools are set to go back in a week, in the middle of the order. Yeah, probably not..
Smunder Woman
Consciously Unbellended

Post by Smunder Woman »

sally maclennane wrote: Fri Jan 15, 2021 4:23 pm That doesn't surprise me at all, I just can't see them reopening by start of February. Sorry!
I'm not really expecting them back before Easter, but I don't want to acknowledge it :))
ParisGal

Post by ParisGal »

We're going to have a 6pm curfew from Saturday on.