Covid-19

Shoe

Re: Covid-19

Post by Shoe »

I have taken to wearing my mask high on my nose and perching my specs right on the end of my nose which seems to help a bit, until I swipe them off my face accidentally. I was actually considering a chain for my glasses earlier so at least when they slip off they don't hit the ground.
Marth
Location: London - but not by the sea. Nowhere near it in fact.

Post by Marth »

bramblerose wrote: Tue Jan 19, 2021 2:20 pm
Hazey_Jane wrote: Tue Jan 19, 2021 1:05 pm Tried sticking them down with a plaster Brambs?
I'm not wearing a plaster on my nose outside :lol:
Tit tape ?

Lora, what bad luck! I hope they are all ok?
We do doorstep visits and it is grim. What's also grim is no where to have a wee when home visiting (cafes etc)
Malan
Loralei

Post by Loralei »

I don't know if this is useful but P has been using Muc Off spray for his specs. He said he can see a small improvement after two applications but it's supposed to get better the more you use it.

Oh gosh, Marth! Of course. It's bad enough with children (we used to break up a walk with a drink from and wee at our local cafe) but it must be dreadful being out all day and knowing you can't.

School have said TD can keep going in as he hasn't had close contact with the other family, but as it's Berty's best friend who's tested positive, and they will absolutely have been spending all day in a huddle at school, I've taken her for a test and will keep TD home until she - hopefully - gets a negative result. I am overreacting according to the rules but it seems sensible to be cautious, especially as the children at school are all the ones for whom isolation would cause major problems.
Cerise

Post by Cerise »

Sounds like a sensible approach, Lora. WIll she have to stay off for isolation even if negative?
Loralei

Post by Loralei »

Yes, I believe she will. I might make P take some time off next week to take over homeschooling when I start lectures though.
Kenickie
Kenneth Attenborough

Post by Kenickie »

I think it makes sense to keep them both off.

At first I thought you were suggesting some kind of spray for Marth's bladder. :lol:
If your back's against the wall, turn around and write on it.
Hazey_Jane

Post by Hazey_Jane »

Few updates from here:

- It looks like we are moving to that mask FPP2 requirement in shops and public transport that I mentioned before. This is going to result in people re-wearing masks all the time which seems to somewhat defeat the purpose.
- It's already been strongly encouraged since before Christmas but the rules that employees should only go onsite/ into an office should be tighter and only activities that cannot be done from home should be allowed. Where employees do work onsite, they won't be able to eat together in cafeterias, this is to be prohibited. (last time I was onsite, there were plastic screens between people so you felt like you were in a bank.)
- Larger companies in Corona hotspots are supposed to start implementing rapid testing onsite soon, to avoid further spreading. This can only be a good thing.

No sign of a curfew yet and one household can still meet up with one other person outside of that household
Last edited by Hazey_Jane on Tue Jan 19, 2021 8:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Marth

Post by Marth »

My brother has covid. He has covid even though he is in the extremely clinically vulnerable group and should have been shielding pretty much non stop. However he's continued to go onto work due to worry about losing his job. (Non unionised cunt of a company)
Malan
Hazey_Jane

Post by Hazey_Jane »

Oh Marth, you must be very worried. I’ll be thinking of you
Loralei

Post by Loralei »

Oh no, Marth. What a worry. How is he feeling?

(Ken :lol: )
Ella77

Post by Ella77 »

Marth, I’m so sorry.

My sister in law seems to be getting through it but she’s absolutely knackered all the time. My brother and the children haven’t caught it yet (they’re being tested daily as part of a trial).
Marth

Post by Marth »

My bladder may welcome a spray.

Our work cafe has been shut for months, Hazey, and the kitchen areas taped off
Malan
Rosa

Post by Rosa »

I do hope he's OK, Marth.

My sisters are both much better, but feel tired all the time and get breathless if they do too much. This seems so common.
kiwi

Post by kiwi »

My very fit and sporty work colleague who tested positive a couple of weeks ago has been out for a small walk today. I've given him warnings based on what I'm reading here to absolutely not push himself, which will kill him as he operates at 100 miles an hour usually. He also has Covid Toes which I hadn't heard of before. He has to get some antibiotics and topical cream, but the doctor basically told him this treatment is only guess work as they are still learning what Covid Toe is. He could have it for a week or months.
kiwi

Post by kiwi »

Marth that's awful about your brother.
Disco

Post by Disco »

Sorry to hear about the positive tests and ongoing repercussions of infections for others. I hope everyone recovers quickly and fully.
mojojojo

Post by mojojojo »

I hope your brother doesn’t get it too badly, Marth. My brother has also recently had it, having been shielding way back in March but having since gone back to work and taken (IMO) a far too relaxed approach to everything more recently.

He was very lucky and although he felt pretty wiped out for about a week he’s on the mend (and back at work :ella:)
rosy

Post by rosy »

Rosa wrote: Tue Jan 19, 2021 8:18 pm I do hope he's OK, Marth.

My sisters are both much better, but feel tired all the time and get breathless if they do too much. This seems so common.
My eldest and his gf are similarly struggling more than two months after they were ill; C said he went down five steps to their laundry room and had to sit on a chair for a while to get enough breath to go back up the steps. I hope your sisters recover soon.

Marth, your poor brother. Fingers crossed he shakes it off soon.
It’s like a normal midlife crisis only with more chandeliers and foreign languages.
Lola

Post by Lola »

I hope your brother’s case is really mild, Marth :fc:

Mr L also feels tired all the time & has been spending most of the days snoozing.
Kenickie
Kenneth Attenborough

Post by Kenickie »

I'm really sorry, Marth. I hope he doesn't have it badly and recovers soon.
If your back's against the wall, turn around and write on it.