Covid-19

Mountain Goat

Re: Covid-19

Post by Mountain Goat »

Were they? I mean I knew it was possible, but not how likely/unlikely that was. I've also realised I can't go and get another test as I have to self isolate - how on earth does that work then?

I have come down with severe hypochondria now and am convinced my chest feels weird. It felt fine before he told me had tested positive. :))
Protected by the ejaculation of serpents
Derek Nimmo

Post by Derek Nimmo »

You can get a kit sent to your home Goat - you poor thing!
Mountain Goat

Post by Mountain Goat »

Thanks Del! I did one of those before, I thought they had stopped doing them. They are available! I'll give it a few days. Important things: I have ordered milk and bread and sourdough crumpets (my first thought was "but we'll need milk in 2 days" :)) )
Last edited by Mountain Goat on Wed Jan 27, 2021 3:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Derek Nimmo

Post by Derek Nimmo »

I am glad to see a bit of chest weirdness hasn't screwed up your priorities! Hopefully you remain healthy.
Texaco Shirley

Post by Texaco Shirley »

You can go to a drive through centre if you’re self isolating.

ETA Except I don’t think that’s any use to you, sorry.
lazzbo

Post by lazzbo »

Oh crikey, Goat! My friend who had confirmed Covid in September also tested positive again in January but they said that they thought it was "virus shedding", I can't remember the actual term. But he still had to isolate for the full period. Argh, I hope neighbours/pals can help you with food if need be?
Mountain Goat

Post by Mountain Goat »

Oh god, your poor friend! The whole thing is quite mysterious, he is anxious because of not knowing (same as everyone feels) whether this is just the beginning or whether this is peak (he's been feeling mildly off for a while but not clear symptoms), and I have no idea if I'm likely to get it or not. I am just helpfully yelling DON'T DO TOO MUCH, REST.

We are fine for food as already had fish arriving tomorrow, veg+ on Mon and meat (including sausage rolls and some pies/easy dinners) on Tues. And now also have dairy/bread/juice/crumpets etc on Fri. I wonder if I need scotch eggs again. Oh and due to an accident I also have meal kits arriving tomorrow for both Fri and Sat. We're pretty much set for the month. :))

Thanks Tex, yes you're right, he can drive, but I can't, so drive in isn't much use.
Annabella

Post by Annabella »

Very worrying Goat - I hope you can get a test and all is OK
Lily
Picker-Lily

Post by Lily »

Poor Goat and Mr G! You can get it twice, but it tends to wallop you less the second time around.
"You first have to find out who you are. Then you have to be it like mad."

My blog, if you are bored
Lily
Picker-Lily

Post by Lily »

Kleio wrote: Wed Jan 27, 2021 3:11 pm Unsurprisingly it’s BB.

The children came to me today quite worried about what’s going on. During the last lockdown they had all and sundry over and now it’s similar.

He is at work Mon-Fri. He does his exercise outdoors with a friend once a week.

They have his niece over to do school work at least once a week. She also pops over at weekends. Last weekend they drove her to the hill and she sat in the middle of the car between Elf and their daughter. No masks.

The daughter (3) goes to HHs sister for sleepovers and they also go and see HHs Mum during the week.

Cube also mentioned that they needed an extra person for a boardgame and he overheard HH whisper that “if he kept his mouth shut we could have xxx over”

All of this while they are in a support bubble with BB’s very vulnerable Dad.

This is just what I’m seeing. It feels risky. Am I being too anal because it’s him?
I don't think you are, but I also don't know what much you can do about it. :(

lazzbo

Post by lazzbo »

It's incredibly anxiety-inducing, of course. At least food isn't an issue - I'd get the scotch eggs in, just in case. You can never have too many.

I hope Mr Goat has a mild case of it and that you're not a medical marvel who gets it twice, you poor thing.
Mountain Goat

Post by Mountain Goat »

Maybe I never had it. I KNOW NOTHING. :panic:

I have just had my email (the app is still pootling around in blissful ignorance) telling me to self isolate and it only wants me to do that until the 31. Do they know from the test how long ago he started being ill or something? Because he doesn't know.
Kleio

Post by Kleio »

Lily wrote: Wed Jan 27, 2021 4:15 pm I don't think you are, but I also don't know what much you can do about it. :(
The elder children are suggesting I stop overnight contact and that they just go for a walk with him. I’m trying to balance up the risks versus my mental health.

I hope Mr Goat is ok and that you don’t get it again!
bramblerose

Post by bramblerose »

I'm sorry Mr G has tested positive and I hope he isn't too ill with it.

Both my son M and L (his wife :love: ) are both doing well. L is loads better and will be back at work on Friday and I think M will be back on Monday or Tuesday... he is still missing his sense of smell and has a blocked nose.
Do not walk behind me, for I may not lead. Do not walk ahead of me, for I may not follow. Do not walk beside me either, just fuck off and leave me alone.
Lily
Picker-Lily

Post by Lily »

Kleio wrote: Wed Jan 27, 2021 4:21 pm
Lily wrote: Wed Jan 27, 2021 4:15 pm I don't think you are, but I also don't know what much you can do about it. :(
The elder children are suggesting I stop overnight contact and that they just go for a walk with him. I’m trying to balance up the risks versus my mental health.
I think if that's what they want then that's what happens - they're very wise and he's putting everyone at risk especially his own father.

I'm glad to hear your two are on the mend Brambs. My friend's brother in law is now out of hospital, after being in for several weeks. He's improving but it'll take him a long time.

Bat Macdui

Post by Bat Macdui »

That's good, bramble.

Goat, the Guardian had a good article (if you feel up to it) on kind of what we know so far on immunity after having a case of Covd. Here Basically, about 6 months of good ish immunity, less if you're old, if you get it twice the second go is usually less severe. I hope you're both okay.
Mountain Goat

Post by Mountain Goat »

Good news, Bramble, you must be relieved.

Thank you Bats! That is interesting, and good to know it is at least usually less severe ( I know not always). We are fine at the mo. I am watching him suspiciously but he seems to be ok, fingers crossed. I can't make head nor tail of who's given what to who but, well.
FiveO'Clock

Post by FiveO'Clock »

Mountain Goat wrote: Wed Jan 27, 2021 4:01 pm I am just helpfully yelling DON'T DO TOO MUCH, REST.
This is what I've done/am doing with everyone I know who's caught it. I hope it's mild for you both and recover quickly and still take all the time off you can.

Kleio, you're not being anal at all. BB should discuss these things with you and what is wrong with HH saying that sort of thing in front of Cube?

Glad to hear your family are on the mend, Bramble.
Mountain Goat

Post by Mountain Goat »

Thank you. He's just worked out from the timing that the most likely place he picked it up was....the chemist. I mean god. All the ways we've been careful.
olive
Really Creepy

Post by olive »

Bloody hell, Goat! So unlucky. I hope his symptoms stay minimal and that you’re ok.