Covid-19

ParisGal

Re: Corona Virus

Post by ParisGal »

I read that in NY state somewhere a shop had to scrap 50k$ of food after a customer deliberately coughed on it. The link to the full article was blocked in Europe so I'm not 100% sure of the details, but there are a few people in this world who are just awful :(
ParisGal

Post by ParisGal »

Lockdown has been extended until 15th April here :(
kiwi

Post by kiwi »

For anyone who wanted clarification on the wages retention scheme, HMRC have published an update today.
https://www.gov.uk/guidance/claim-for-w ... ion-scheme
happyhighlandcoo

Post by happyhighlandcoo »

Livilla wrote: Fri Mar 27, 2020 3:32 pm I have spent an awful lot of time over the last couple of weeks on business continuity issues, dealing with the what ifs if someone important in your organisation needs to be deputised due to illness. Staying on top of this is vital, which includes being as informed as possible about who might be at risk. In the context of the UK plc the Head of State and the PM are legally and constitutionally important and so knowing their state of health matters. And when your Head of State is 94, the next in line also matters. :)) You May not like Boris or the Queen or Prince Charles, but not keeping on top of their health would be simple negligence. This does not also mean that front line health workers should also be tested - both of these things can be true.
:yes:

I've done phone calls all day to children in my class and their parents and it has just made it seem so real strange. We're all just getting on with it, children too, and it is just like some s sort of insane social experiment, I can't quite get my head round it.

The figures from Italy are terrifying. I don't know how much more they can take. :(
Suzi.Q

Post by Suzi.Q »

The manager of my mum’s co-op has given her his mobile number and said if she needs anything he’ll get it for her and drop it off in his way home. She also has 2 of her neighbours helping her. I’m so grateful.
Morganna

Post by Morganna »

Oh, that's lovely of him, Suzi.
Ella77

Post by Ella77 »

There are some good people out there.
Loralei

Post by Loralei »

That's lovely, Suzi.
rosy

Post by rosy »

How lovely of him! In all of this, I hope it's the good things that get remembered.
It’s like a normal midlife crisis only with more chandeliers and foreign languages.
Pippedydeadeye
Directory Pipquiries

Post by Pippedydeadeye »

How kind!
Figaro

Post by Figaro »

My poor little Ali, he’s still been at nursery this week because we are both key workers, but there’s only 7 of them there compared to the usual 60-70. He’s been so grumpy and evidently confused and thrown by the fact all his friends aren’t there. We sat down to have another chat about it today, having already tried to prepare him for it as much as possible by telling him how different it would be, and when I asked him how nursery had been this week, he said his friends were all gone but he’s got some new friends now. I asked if he understood why his friends weren’t there at the moment and he said “yes mummy, I think it’s because they are all dead.” My poor baby :cry:
Loralei

Post by Loralei »

Oh! :cry:
purple_dress

Post by purple_dress »

Oh Ali :cry:

S doesn't get any of it either and keeps asking whnmen we're going to see his grandparents and when we can go on a playdate.
Pippedydeadeye
Directory Pipquiries

Post by Pippedydeadeye »

It must be like The Secret Garden for him. :sad:
happyhighlandcoo

Post by happyhighlandcoo »

:cry: :sad: Oh Figaro.

The children must all be so confused. I spoke to every child in my class today on the phone and they're just being so good but so quiet and sounded so little and innocent it was quite upsetting thinking about them just getting on with this but what confusion they must have.
Froozy

Post by Froozy »

Oh Ali, :cry:. Could you skype with a couple of his buddies, just so he can see them?
Kleio

Post by Kleio »

Oh Fig. :cry:
overthehill

Post by overthehill »

Oh, Fig, that's so sad. Poor little Ali.

Ireland is now in lockdown, though Varadkar doesn't like to use the word. So, as a non-essential business, we're now completely closed. :sad:
"Inagh to China Motorcycle Ride" blog, if you're interested: www.inaghtochina.com :))
Jet

Post by Jet »

Ali :cry:

L is still quite confused. He misses his friends but it was weird in the run up to closure anyway as some days there were only a handful of kids and the owner wasn't there (she's sort of the glue of the place and usually cooks for them all every Friday lunch).

We've also had major battles about hand washing which is not helpful. He hurt himself today and was asking if he's still be able to go to daycare and I had to explain again that he will be home with us for a while.
Half-ten?! Half-ten?! I've never been up at half-ten! What happens?
Luce

Post by Luce »

Oh, poor little guy! That's so sad.

I can't work out who I feel the most sorry for, F or Theo. With Fe, he's 11 and in year 6 and old enough to know what's going on, to know he probably won't be going back to his primary school and to have a sense of time and know how long this is all going to go on for. He knows that all our holidays and plans for this year are almost certainly cancelled for now. It's a heavy burden for a kid and he's being really, really good. He's actually my favourite person at the moment and I'm fiercely proud of him.

Theo, meanwhile, at 6, has no idea really what's going on and is probably very confused. Or will be soon. He can't even work out the proper time of day (is it lunch or dinner time?) let alone the magnitude of what is going on. But it seems like a lesser burden.

It is two weeks for me today. The second week was definitely easier than the first.