Covid-19

Loralei

Re: Corona Virus

Post by Loralei »

I still use Avon, when forced to select a county, which hasn't existed for 25 years. Bristol, Bristol is just stupid.
Ruby

Post by Ruby »

bramblerose wrote: Fri Jul 31, 2020 7:36 am
Bat Macdui wrote: Fri Jul 31, 2020 6:43 am
My Mum's lived in Greater Manchester for 46 years and still puts Lancashire as her address. :))
So do I :))
No-one puts Greater Manchester on their address. Even so, it is exceptionally stupid for people not to know where they live. Twitter is full of people from Stockport who still actually think they live in Cheshire.
Luce

Post by Luce »

I've just cried over my gym being closed. FFS. The towns we're surrounded by are not affected by this because they're North Yorkshire and Leeds but for some reason we're in Bradford so have to follow the rules.

Greater Manchester confuses me in the same way that Greater London does.
H1ppychick

Post by H1ppychick »

A lot of websites won’t even let you do Bristol, Bristol as well. Avon all the way, baby!
rosy

Post by rosy »

This shitshow is all so badly organised and implemented; and so typical of Johnson’s government.
It’s like a normal midlife crisis only with more chandeliers and foreign languages.
Luce

Post by Luce »

My MP is currently 86 miles away in Morpeth where he fucking lives despite pretending he doesn't. Tweeting that he'll get clarification etc. The chaotic shambles of this all isn't even a bit surprising. All towns between us and Bradford are 'open' so the lack of clarity is boiling my piss.
Ruby

Post by Ruby »

Luce wrote: Fri Jul 31, 2020 11:25 am All towns between us and Bradford are 'open' so the lack of clarity is boiling my piss.
Surely not? Isn't it just everywhere that's in the borough of Bradford i.e. Keighley, Ilkley, Haworth etc. Who collects your bins? :))
Morganna

Post by Morganna »

Can someone help me out with this please? J and his gf (C) got engaged last week :toot:. They live in Leeds but are currently on holiday in Scotland with her parents and were/are planning to visit us (usually based in Northumberland but currently in Cumbria) on the way home tomorrow to show off the ring. S and her bf (Lancaster) are hoping to join us all as a surprise if various things fall into place.

Do I put the loaves and fishes back in the freezer, or can the festivities go ahead as planned? S and I are both fairly high risk, as asthmatics.
Ruby

Post by Ruby »

Leeds is not on The List. :teacher: Neither is Lancaster, Cumbria, Scotland or Northumbria.
speedy gonzalez

Post by speedy gonzalez »

Boris Johnson's latest confusing slogan. "Hands, face, space, get a test" Is he saying we all have to get tested now? I'm just seeing a summary on the news pages.
Pippedydeadeye
Directory Pipquiries

Post by Pippedydeadeye »

Ruby wrote: Fri Jul 31, 2020 11:33 am
Luce wrote: Fri Jul 31, 2020 11:25 am All towns between us and Bradford are 'open' so the lack of clarity is boiling my piss.
Surely not? Isn't it just everywhere that's in the borough of Bradford i.e. Keighley, Ilkley, Haworth etc. Who collects your bins? :))
I love how it all comes down to bin chat in the end. :love2:
Ruby

Post by Ruby »

Always bins.

Boris clearly made his new slogan up on the spot, the absolute prick. :mog:
speedy gonzalez

Post by speedy gonzalez »

Does sound like it needs a dance routine to go with the slogan!
Rebel Pebble

Post by Rebel Pebble »

The who can meet where and how many advice has always sounded like a bad logic puzzle to me.

If 6 people from two households and one bubble meet in a pub garden then go to Mr Brown's house and sit inside 2 metres apart with Angie from next door then what colour is Mrs Brown's dress?

OMG that slogan. :mog:
sally maclennane

Post by sally maclennane »

I watched that at lunchtime and he clearly thinks its a brilliant slogan :ella: He's such a fucking shambles.
Christ on a bendy bus son, don't be such a fucking faff arse
Pippedydeadeye
Directory Pipquiries

Post by Pippedydeadeye »

C just told me that everyone in his office is going to be given a 2m stick to keep others away. :lol: They’re deadly serious.
mojojojo

Post by mojojojo »

Rebel Pebble wrote: Fri Jul 31, 2020 12:55 pm The who can meet where and how many advice has always sounded like a bad logic puzzle to me.

If 6 people from two households and one bubble meet in a pub garden then go to Mr Brown's house and sit inside 2 metres apart with Angie from next door then what colour is Mrs Brown's dress?

OMG that slogan. :mog:
:mog:
Mountain Goat

Post by Mountain Goat »

speedy gonzalez wrote: Fri Jul 31, 2020 12:54 pm Does sound like it needs a dance routine to go with the slogan!
:mog: I hope the motion for " get a test" is miming shoving a swab up your nose until it meets resistance.

This is such a shambles.
Protected by the ejaculation of serpents
Morganna

Post by Morganna »

It really is. Leeds may not be on the list, but it is still W Yorks, and there will be a lot of people living there who work in affected areas and vice versa. I haven't seen or heard the news for a couple of days, as I am working and trying not to get distracted, but I put the ITV news on a minute ago, and it has been cut short because of the racing, which is clearly going ahead. There is no logic at all that I can see.
Disco

Post by Disco »

I called it last week when I said cases were rising generally all over. I'll bloody deal with this crisis. Get this effing gimp of my telly.