Covid-19

kiwi

Re: Corona Virus

Post by kiwi »

It's what Trump gets away with. I think and really really fucking hope that they can't get away with it here, but actually I'm not 100% convinced that they won't.
nineseven

Post by nineseven »

They have made the mistake of fucking about with something that has affected absolutely everyone. Trump never pissed off such a broad demographic.
Roma

Post by Roma »

It’s absolutely shameful how they have dealt with this. So many months of real sacrifice have been made by the public and unimaginable suffering for everyone that’s lost a loved one and now we are being told we misunderstood the rules. Gaslighting at its worst.
Ella77

Post by Ella77 »

kiwi wrote: Sun May 24, 2020 11:36 pm It's what Trump gets away with. I think and really really fucking hope that they can't get away with it here, but actually I'm not 100% convinced that they won't.
Same here. But wow, those Vote Leave scandals must be even worse than we thought if these are the lengths Johnson will go to.

I think it will all blow over. Anything to Get Brexit Done.
Montana

Post by Montana »

I think it will blow over too. And even if DC did resign he'd still be - as I think pip said above - be ruling from the shadows. And if it somehow brought Johnson down, we'd just get bloody Dominic Raab - an archer Brexiteer than Johnson. So I don't see a good way though this whatever the outcome.

But all that aside ... :ruby: ... what can you say? All you people with kids and parents - you got lockdown wrong! How could you misunderstand those simple slogans so badly? :ella:
Luna

Post by Luna »

EE1FCB6E-F085-4ECD-BEDB-CC86A7419934.jpeg
Lily
Picker-Lily

Post by Lily »

Apparently he was sticking by the rules after all. I'm so confused now.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
"You first have to find out who you are. Then you have to be it like mad."

My blog, if you are bored
lazzbo

Post by lazzbo »

No, Lils, read the bullet point three points up, for anyone in a household with symptoms of coronavirus. Don't be fooled into thinking the nation's wrong.
kiwi

Post by kiwi »

Even the Church are speaking out against Johnson. I'm quite enjoying this.

Eta Not that I think it will result in anyone's downfall, but they must feel very uncomfortable in all this. It's not what Boris signed up for.
Lily
Picker-Lily

Post by Lily »

lazzbo wrote: Mon May 25, 2020 11:34 am No, Lils, read the bullet point three points up, for anyone in a household with symptoms of coronavirus. Don't be fooled into thinking the nation's wrong.
I still don't quite get it but I've now realised if you read it that way, that means anyone with children who had the virus should have moved them out of the house. Which is (a) impossible and (b) utterly absurd.

Chicky

Post by Chicky »

Also he didn’t actually seek childcare. We were told he was in a separate residence and had gone there so his sister could bring him shopping.
lazzbo

Post by lazzbo »

Vulnerable individuals seems to be the elderly and those with pre-existing conditions, not children. We're constantly told that children are hardly ever ill with coronavirus. :ella:
sally maclennane

Post by sally maclennane »

And now his mother is claiming it was because his uncle died so they were grieving. Because no other family in the country was grieving at this point :woteva:
Christ on a bendy bus son, don't be such a fucking faff arse
Luce

Post by Luce »

It doesn't even matter. He could have been well within the spirit of the law. What matters is that the Gov chose to die on this hill and that is everything.

Still so much rage. My poor sister, chose not to take up the keyworker place for my nephew despite them both working full time. Her husband works every possible hour in a supermarket. And nephew has lots of to-be-diagnosed issues. So she's been stuck at home, alone, covered in scratches and bruises from her son, in acute distress. And not once were we allowed to go round and help or comfort her. She's a 10 minute drive, I could have been there in a flash.

Fuck. Them.
Last edited by Luce on Mon May 25, 2020 11:49 am, edited 2 times in total.
Lily
Picker-Lily

Post by Lily »

True.

Mountain Goat

Post by Mountain Goat »

I'm fascinated by what might happen next. It's all so unprecedented. I really don't think it blows over, but we may not see the true impact for a long time.
Protected by the ejaculation of serpents
nineseven

Post by nineseven »

Lily wrote: Mon May 25, 2020 11:38 am
lazzbo wrote: Mon May 25, 2020 11:34 am No, Lils, read the bullet point three points up, for anyone in a household with symptoms of coronavirus. Don't be fooled into thinking the nation's wrong.
I still don't quite get it but I've now realised if you read it that way, that means anyone with children who had the virus should have moved them out of the house. Which is (a) impossible and (b) utterly absurd.
It just means a relative could have come to collect the child to look after him, not that he could drive 260 miles while infected.
Lily
Picker-Lily

Post by Lily »

Ah,thank you!

Would you believe it (yes) - on Twitter I've just been told: "You've misunderstood. That's your fault." :lol: It is scarily predictable, and also a reminder of why I never go on Twitter because I've wasted hours on the crap.

Mountain Goat

Post by Mountain Goat »

Maybe just follow different people?! There's a wealth of expertise on there.
Protected by the ejaculation of serpents
Lily
Picker-Lily

Post by Lily »

I'm only following the Fast Show! :lol: I even stopped following Monty Python because it got horrible.