Covid-19

Edith Bacon

Re: Covid-19

Post by Edith Bacon »

Boris needs to do one of his ‘announcements to the nation’ to remind people that the numbers are rocketing.

There are two chances he will do that though - fat and slim.
Lily
Picker-Lily

Post by Lily »

I would second the idea of calling 111 Kleio, you poor sod.

I'm definitely in the minority when I wear a mask now. It's like everyone's given up and to be fair I don't entirely blame them as it feels our government have.
"You first have to find out who you are. Then you have to be it like mad."

My blog, if you are bored
Heebie Jeebie

Post by Heebie Jeebie »

My cousin has just tested positive. That's the first case in our family and P has been so cautious - last time I saw her at a family get together we were laughing because she made her son bring his own plate and cutlery as he has a public facing job and is always in pubs and clubs. But he is testing negative so she must have got it during one shopping trip, or when out for lunch. Weird. Anyway, she has no symptoms at all.
sally maclennane

Post by sally maclennane »

I know someone like that Heebs, ultra cautious and mixing much less than others yet tested positive. They live alone so couldn't have caught it from a family member.
Christ on a bendy bus son, don't be such a fucking faff arse
Ruby

Post by Ruby »

Kleio wrote: Tue Oct 19, 2021 8:18 am Did anyone have quite severe stomach issues when they had covid?

I’ve spent the last 18 hours rapidly processing everything in my system. The cramps are stealing my breath and I started to black out* on the toilet in the middle of the night but managed to breathe through it. The frequency means there’s blood and now I’m having the cramps but there’s nothing in my system. I’ve barely been eating as it is - the odd slice of toast here and there.

Any experience on how long this will last? I’d rather have the migraine and loss of vision back.
This was Partner's only symptom. He wasn't as bad as you so, I'm afraid, I mercilessly took the piss. The worst was over in 24 hours and the whole thing didn't last any longer than 3 days. It came on quite suddenly.
Kleio

Post by Kleio »

Mine seems to have lasted for 24 hours and fingers crossed I appear to be over the worst. I’m quite worried to eat though so I have been living on bland, binding foods.
Disco

Post by Disco »

That's good you're feeling a bit better, Kleio. I hope you recover quickly.
Ruby

Post by Ruby »

Kleio wrote: Tue Oct 19, 2021 9:40 pm Mine seems to have lasted for 24 hours and fingers crossed I appear to be over the worst. I’m quite worried to eat though so I have been living on bland, binding foods.
We ate a lot of pizza, left on the doorstep by the takeaway. :look: I was in bed, sweating and being insane, for most of it so I just double-checked his timings and he said 24 hours was about right. I just used to hear him sprinting up the stairs every now and then. It brought a smile to my face. Yours sounds terrible, Kleio, and I hope you're ok.
Lily
Picker-Lily

Post by Lily »

I'm glad you're feeling a bit better Kleio.

overthehill

Post by overthehill »

Get well soon, Kleio.
"Inagh to China Motorcycle Ride" blog, if you're interested: www.inaghtochina.com :))
Kleio

Post by Kleio »

Thank you, I’m loads better. Over the space of 72 hours I was the most ill I’ve been in years and genuinely feared I could get so bad I’d die. Then just suddenly I was fine, still not 100% but fine.
Ella77

Post by Ella77 »

Glad you’re feeling a bit better. So scary.
Mountain Goat

Post by Mountain Goat »

Good god Kleio, that sounds so awful! I'm glad you're feeling a bit better. This feels really rife at the moment.

I just posted this on the wrong thread but Javid to address the nation for the first time at 5 today. I am sure he won't say anything apart from trying to justify himself but. Have we seen that there are calls (by a panel of Brazilian senators, not just by ordinary people) to charge Bolsonaro for crimes against humanity because of his mishandling of the pandemic? The original recommendation was for him to be charged with genocide against indigenous groups in the Amazon but some on the panel thought that was too much. No idea if anything will come of it but it's an interesting development.
Protected by the ejaculation of serpents
Dutchie

Post by Dutchie »

Oh no Kleio, that sounds horrendous! Have heard that from a few more people who had Covid. Glad to hear you appear to be over the worst of it.

Over here people also seem to think Covid is behind us. The only place masks are compulsory is on public transport. The vacc passport gets missed more than it gets checked and hey, what a surprise, our numbers are sky-rocketing! I despair.
Mountain Goat

Post by Mountain Goat »

They've ruled out further lockdowns (which no doubt means further lockdowns just before Christmas). It's just infuriating that they won't implement simple, relatively unintrusive mitigations like masks and vaccine passes that everywhere else has, which reduce the likelihood of having to go into more bloody lockdowns. It's so ridiculously polarised, like bloody everything.
Lily
Picker-Lily

Post by Lily »

If deaths are tailing off, then maybe a lot of people getting ill but recovering isn't that big a deal? (I'm not saying this is the case, but trying to figure out the mindset behind this plan (or lack thereof)

Little My

Post by Little My »

News here is reporting the UK may have found a new strain and cases are way up. Doom, doom, doom. :nerves:
Lily
Picker-Lily

Post by Lily »

Of course we have. Top of the list. :ruby:

Little My

Post by Little My »

I think the main take away was "Holy shit, put your masks back on, UK."
Mountain Goat

Post by Mountain Goat »

Lily wrote: Wed Oct 20, 2021 3:19 pm If deaths are tailing off, then maybe a lot of people getting ill but recovering isn't that big a deal? (I'm not saying this is the case, but trying to figure out the mindset behind this plan (or lack thereof)
Deaths aren't tailing off. Over 200 yesterday. Obviously the % of cases resulting in death is much, much lower than it was pre-vaccine, thank god, but our death stats are appalling compared to pretty much everywhere else and lots of hospitals are struggling.