Covid-19

Disco

Re: Covid-19

Post by Disco »

Yes, highest deaths since March, I think.

Will Sajid Javid be on BBC news channel at 5? Just not sure where to watch...?
Mountain Goat

Post by Mountain Goat »

I'm not sure, I just went back to the original announcement and it didn't say and nowhere else seems to mention where either, but I guess so?
Protected by the ejaculation of serpents
bramblerose

Post by bramblerose »

Mountain Goat wrote: Wed Oct 20, 2021 2:25 pm They've ruled out further lockdowns (which no doubt means further lockdowns just before Christmas). It's just infuriating that they won't implement simple, relatively unintrusive mitigations like masks and vaccine passes that everywhere else has, which reduce the likelihood of having to go into more bloody lockdowns. It's so ridiculously polarised, like bloody everything.
It's not like Plan B is to lock us all down again, it's not that hard to stick a bloody mask on and go back to WFH, if you can, just until we get over winter.

Do people actually think that winter is going to be OK?
Do not walk behind me, for I may not lead. Do not walk ahead of me, for I may not follow. Do not walk beside me either, just fuck off and leave me alone.
bramblerose

Post by bramblerose »

Obviously I don't mean you lot.
Do not walk behind me, for I may not lead. Do not walk ahead of me, for I may not follow. Do not walk beside me either, just fuck off and leave me alone.
Ruby

Post by Ruby »

Little My wrote: Wed Oct 20, 2021 3:19 pm News here is reporting the UK may have found a new strain and cases are way up. Doom, doom, doom. :nerves:
There is a strain of the Delta variant but it's not that new and that's not why we have a stupid number of cases. The reason we have so many cases is because we haven't vaccinated children and teenagers.
Luce

Post by Luce »

Do we think we might therefore see a drop in about 4 weeks now they kids are finally getting jabbed?
Pippedydeadeye
Directory Pipquiries

Post by Pippedydeadeye »

Depends on if they go into schools. The service here has completely messed it up, and it’s been really hard for me to convince Squeak to go for a separate appointment. She’s agreed to this Saturday, but it would be easier if it was just done en masse, as it should have been.
emma_p

Post by emma_p »

What happened at Squeak's school?

G's school has given us a date now: 5 Nov. I'm sure I read that they might be opening bookings for kids to get vaccines at half term - I'll do that if it happens.
Disco

Post by Disco »

"Just as we expected" If you bloody expected it why didn't you keep the mask mandate up and social distancing. TWAT.
Pippedydeadeye
Directory Pipquiries

Post by Pippedydeadeye »

They vaccinated about half of year 11, then left & may not be back at all.
Ruby

Post by Ruby »

Luce wrote: Wed Oct 20, 2021 5:00 pm Do we think we might therefore see a drop in about 4 weeks now they kids are finally getting jabbed?
They're not though. :shrug: There are only small pockets of vaccinated children. It seems to be taking an awful long time. We might see a drop by Christmas? My dad still hasn't been able to book his booster either.
Disco

Post by Disco »

This isn't giving much reassurance for people pushing 50 who've had AZ. I want a bloody booster.
emma_p

Post by emma_p »

Yeah the boosters and vaccines for kids have been really slow. My parents had to push for theirs.
Texaco Shirley

Post by Texaco Shirley »

L’s year are supposed to be jabbed the week after half term but he (and several others) will still be within 28 days of their positive test.
Turtle Bean

Post by Turtle Bean »

So from the press conference seems like no action is going to be taken at all.
Mountain Goat

Post by Mountain Goat »

I'm watching it on delay and it's just guff that he's reading badly from someone else's script isn't it? And blaming people for not getting their boosters rather than them not actually being available.
Protected by the ejaculation of serpents
Luce

Post by Luce »

Ruby wrote: Wed Oct 20, 2021 5:17 pm
Luce wrote: Wed Oct 20, 2021 5:00 pm Do we think we might therefore see a drop in about 4 weeks now they kids are finally getting jabbed?
They're not though. :shrug: There are only small pockets of vaccinated children. It seems to be taking an awful long time. We might see a drop by Christmas? My dad still hasn't been able to book his booster either.
Well that’s shit. I (wrongly) assumed that our school had just been slow in doing it last week!
Little My

Post by Little My »

Sounds like they would have been better not doing vaccinations via schools? It's almost like they added another layer of disorganization to the proceedings.

That idea is being floated for when it opens up to 5-11 year olds here (probably Nov), but it doesn't seem like anyone wants to do it that way aside from pop-up clinics after hours at some select schools.
Ella77

Post by Ella77 »

Turtle Bean wrote: Wed Oct 20, 2021 5:49 pm So from the press conference seems like no action is going to be taken at all.
I don’t think any of us expected much else did we? The whole world has run mad.
bramblerose

Post by bramblerose »

Turtle Bean wrote: Wed Oct 20, 2021 5:49 pm So from the press conference seems like no action is going to be taken at all.
I don't think we expected anything to change.