Covid-19

Margo

Re: Covid-19

Post by Margo »

J is positive as of this morning. Wonderful: we just spent a weekend seeing mum, my brother, my aunt and uncle :(
Squirrel

Post by Squirrel »

My son’s friend has got Covid for the third time and she is more unwell with it this time.
cluefree

Post by cluefree »

Oh no, Edith! That’s so rubbish. :cry:

Covid for the third time is bloody rough going, Squizz. That’s absolutely shit.

I just feel a bit ropy and tired, hopefully this is as bad as it gets. I hope you don’t feel too rubbish either, Is.

I’m sorry that everyone in the world now seems to have covid.
Ruby

Post by Ruby »

Oh Cluef. And poor A. :cry: God I'm so fed up of it all now.
rosy

Post by rosy »

So many positive tests, I’m sorry. I hope everyone has it as mildly as possible and that contacts stay negative.
It’s like a normal midlife crisis only with more chandeliers and foreign languages.
Kenickie
Kenneth Attenborough

Post by Kenickie »

I think these last few pages are a real testament to how far this is from being over and things being back to normal.

I'm sorry for everyone who's affected right now.
If your back's against the wall, turn around and write on it.
cluefree

Post by cluefree »

It really is.

Sorry Is, I meant to say I tested positive 6 days after Pete’s first positive. 6 days of both children constantly breathing, drooling and coughing directly into my eyeballs. So I’m wary of the 5 day thing.
Pippedydeadeye
Directory Pipquiries

Post by Pippedydeadeye »

It took 11 days for C to get it from our index case. He’s just tested negative this morning.
cluefree

Post by cluefree »

Hurrah for a negative, Pip!

I’m so bloody grateful for the vaccines and the boosters. The people I know who caught it without being boosted yet were all much, much worse than I am. I had my booster just over a month ago. It’s absolutely horrible that children are taking the brunt of it now, being mostly unvaccinated.
emma_p

Post by emma_p »

I'm so glad the kids have perked up and you're doing ok, Cluef. What a relief.
Disco

Post by Disco »

To our fully vaccinated adults on here who've had it or currently have it, how do you feel with it? is it like a bad cold? Is it like the flu?

I'm glad all the turtle hatchlings are improving.
Arrietty

Post by Arrietty »

I had it between the two jabs and the booster. For me it was like a moderate cold. Lots of sneezing and waking up in the night to scrabble urgently for a tissue. No worse than that. MrA had it at the same time and I will grudgingly concede that he might just have had it a tiny bit worse than me.
cluefree

Post by cluefree »

Thank you for the lovely wishes, I honestly can’t tell you how scared I’ve been of Pete (in particular) getting it and to see her improvement is the biggest relief ever. And tiny Neil. Seeing her feel so unlike herself has been hideous too. I feel so angry that a lot of people are so dismissive of the symptoms of covid in children. It was anything but mild for mine, even the baby who has no complications.
Disco wrote: Wed Jan 26, 2022 10:46 am To our fully vaccinated adults on here who've had it or currently have it, how do you feel with it? is it like a bad cold? Is it like the flu?

I'm glad all the turtle hatchlings are improving.
I know everyone is different, but I’m on day two now Dics and so far it seems very mild. Just a bit grotty so far. Nowhere near as awful as flu, or even a bad cold, yet. Bit tired and feels like constantly being in the verge of getting a cold. That feeling. My friend who got it recently hadn’t been boosted yet and was absolutely flattened by it. Again, I’m relieved it’s been like this (so far) because my fear of us getting it was absolutely crippling and it’s really ruled my life for so long. It seems so unpredictable.

Sorry for rambling so fucking much, I think it’s relief combined with isolation.
Cerise

Post by Cerise »

I also had it between first two and booster. My main issue was a burning throat and tiredness. I never really had a runny nose or a cough.
Arrietty

Post by Arrietty »

I forgot about the cough! That came as the other symptoms eased, and brought the lack of taste and smell with it :mad: . The cough lasted a few weeks, but didn’t cause any other problems (unlike previous coughs I’ve had, that have caused rib pain) and I can now smell and taste most things again, thankfully.
cluefree

Post by cluefree »

Oh, also, I’ve felt quite nauseous too. I’m hoping I avoid the loss of taste or smell!
Disco

Post by Disco »

Thank goodness Pete is much improving!

It's good to hear how mild all your own bouts have been. It's mad how much one builds things up in the mind. I'm even slighty perturbed about getting the common cold at the moment and i think that's just because I haven't had one or any respiratory virus for 2 years.
Disco

Post by Disco »

Hope you feel better soon, Cluef. I don't expect you're able to rest up much with Pete and Neil though.
cluefree

Post by cluefree »

I felt very much like that too, Dics and am thankful it’s been very different to how I feared it would. Also I think it’s reasonable to feel like that, going into year fucking THREE of this bitch.
Disco

Post by Disco »

I feel like perhaps I should plunge myself into a seething mass of infected to get it over with. I say that from the plastic bubble I'm currently in.