Covid-19

Luce

Re: Covid-19

Post by Luce »

Oh my goodness, Tex! Do you have to go to the test centre? You may as well just start your isolation and order one in the post, there is no point schlepping out, surely?

Mum has got Covid. Only a positive LFT but sending off for a pcr. Dad is double jabbed and had Covid in the summer so he’s probably as protected as possible whilst being around her. That just makes the four out of the nine of us in our family who haven’t had it. She’s been really poorly since Tuesday and I’ve been quite worried despite being double jabbed - she’s due her booster soon. But she seems to be feeling loads better today so fingers crossed she’s turned a corner.
Texaco Shirley

Post by Texaco Shirley »

We went to the test centre as it’ll probably be a lot quicker. I have no idea when I should have started isolating as I’ve had a cough for over a week as it is but I haven’t been out since the LFT positive on Tuesday.

I hope your mum carries on improving.
Kleio

Post by Kleio »

Bloody hell Tex you must be so fed up.
Texaco Shirley

Post by Texaco Shirley »

I’m boring myself tbh :lol:
Disco

Post by Disco »

Do you feel unwell, Tex? I know you've got a cough but aside from that how do you feel?

Are you feeling any better, Kleio?
Cerise

Post by Cerise »

Mr Sax’s latest test was negative. I’m feeling much better but it’s been a really strange illness. I never felt horribly unwell although I did have a sore throat at the start. I just feel like I can’t do much and have little energy. I’ve watched two complete TV series and several comforting films, done some jigsaw and several crochet projects. I kind of miss my family now. :))
Texaco Shirley

Post by Texaco Shirley »

Disco wrote: Fri Oct 22, 2021 10:36 pm Do you feel unwell, Tex? I know you've got a cough but aside from that how do you feel?

Are you feeling any better, Kleio?
I’ve felt terrible since yesterday evening. Splitting headache and a temperature last night and this evening I’ve also been really light headed.
Disco

Post by Disco »

That sounds horrible, Tex. I do hope you feel better soon.

Glad you're feeling better, Cerise.
Texaco Shirley

Post by Texaco Shirley »

Glad it hasn’t hit you too hard Cerise.
Luce

Post by Luce »

Pleased you’re ok, Cerise and I’m sorry you’re feeling dreadful, Tex! I hope you’re on the up very soon!
Dutchie

Post by Dutchie »

Good to hear you haven't suffered too badly, Cerise.

Tex, it could just be an old-fashioned, non-Covid flu. That doesn't explain your LFT but perhaps that was just a false positive. It's horrid that you're having to faff around with tests and stuff when you're feeling so rotten though.
Texaco Shirley

Post by Texaco Shirley »

I think it was unlikely to be a false positive. The one I had on Tuesday was a relatively faint line but this morning’s was really strong and came up immediately.
Rosa

Post by Rosa »

All the back and forth with testing sounds a nightmare, Tex. I hope you feel much better soon, and you too, Cerise.

Sorry to hear your mum is unwell, Luce, and hope she recovers quickly.
Texaco Shirley

Post by Texaco Shirley »

It was positive.
Cerise

Post by Cerise »

How strange that the LFTs starting detecting long before the PCR! Make sure you rest. Is Mr Tex still well?
Pippedydeadeye
Directory Pipquiries

Post by Pippedydeadeye »

Apparently my FIL is really unwell with it. My mil is in touch with 111 & taking advice (though staggeringly did head out shopping on day 9 of her isolation, according to reports from my BIL). I am going to be generous and say that for the average person, the current messages aren’t that clear and are definitely open to interpretation.

Just take the message about coming forward for a booster, they’re making it sound like boosters are readily available to anyone who wants one, which doesn’t seem to be the case.
Cerise

Post by Cerise »

T&T call you every five minutes* to remind you of your isolation period. Hope your FIL recovers soon.

*well day 3 and 7 so far and I’ve heard day 10 happens too.
Arrietty

Post by Arrietty »

Cerise wrote: Sat Oct 23, 2021 9:41 am T&T call you every five minutes* to remind you of your isolation period. Hope your FIL recovers soon.

*well day 3 and 7 so far and I’ve heard day 10 happens too.
Yes, I think I got 3, maybe even 4 calls reminding me to stay in.
Dutchie

Post by Dutchie »

Texaco Shirley wrote: Sat Oct 23, 2021 9:07 am It was positive.
Wow. How strange that the first PCR wasn't... Hope you feel much better very soon!
Pootle
Topaz Titanium

Post by Pootle »

Hope you feel better soon Tex. Our school has had quite a few classes closed as there are a lot of staff off too. A's class has been okay apart from the cold that's going round.
Pip, I hope your FIL is okay. Agree about the boosters - they keep telling people to get one but the website just tells you to wait until you're contacted. My dad is getting his on the 4th of November - about six and a half.months so not too bad.