Covid-19

Ella77

Re: Covid-19

Post by Ella77 »

Derek Nimmo wrote: Thu Jan 20, 2022 11:30 am Would it really be so damn hard to keep masks on public transport and in supermarkets? Of course, no Tory politician needs to worry about either setting as they'd never be caught dead in either, but the madness of casting aside a simple, little-to-no cost public health measure for sodding optics is mind-blowing.
Exactly. The jingoistic arseholes.
Chicky

Post by Chicky »

It made me laugh when they said that people would no longer be prosecuted for not wearing masks. I haven’t heard of a single person being prosecuted, nor have I ever even seen anyone being asked to put their mask on.
ParisGal

Post by ParisGal »

Sadly I'm sure that it'll be music to a lot of people's ears. Over the last couple of days I've heard several people say "I've had two vaccines but I won't have the booster until I'm forced to" / "I've had three vaccines now but that's it, enough. If they bring in a fourth I won't do it". It seems less logical than someone refusing all of them to me. Obviously it's more about scraping back some control / sticking it to the man, but still. Every time they do a vox pop there's someone saying that they've had enough of the restrictions and therefore they should be ended, without claiming that the restrictions don't work.
Ella77

Post by Ella77 »

Chicky wrote: Thu Jan 20, 2022 11:48 am It made me laugh when they said that people would no longer be prosecuted for not wearing masks. I haven’t heard of a single person being prosecuted, nor have I ever even seen anyone being asked to put their mask on.
Same here. And boosters only last for about 10 weeks, don't they?

My husband's already been told he's expected back in on Monday. (Yes, he should change jobs.) I was going to go back in from next week anyway (before all this) but now I'm in two minds.
Chicky

Post by Chicky »

I saw a photo of a guy I know who is an anti-vaxxer/mask refusenik/wanker, he was on his way to watch a Darts match and he was wearing a sunflower lanyard :ella:

I’m still going to wear my mask anyway.
Ella77

Post by Ella77 »

I am too. I can't believe this country. I know we ALL want life to get back to normal, but that doesn't mean there is no risk now.
Pippedydeadeye
Directory Pipquiries

Post by Pippedydeadeye »

I think the sensible ones among us have to continue to wear masks to normalise it.
dizzyd
Englebert Humperdizz

Post by dizzyd »

We are going to continue to wear masks and my mum and sister also feel exactly the same and won't go anywhere without one

I'm just so upset that from next week once again I could be in a room with potentially 50 unmasked members as I can't legally force them to wear a mask

I still have sneeze screens up chairs a chair width apart a one way system and sanitiser everywhere

It's a total total mess
My nail blog - you can also link to my instagram account through there
http://naildart.blogspot.co.uk
ParisGal

Post by ParisGal »

Can you not force them to wear masks, dizzy? Or is it about what HQ allow you to do? Businesses require their customers to do all sorts of things that aren't legal requirements.
Pippedydeadeye
Directory Pipquiries

Post by Pippedydeadeye »

You can say the wearing of masks is encouraged at the very least.
dizzyd
Englebert Humperdizz

Post by dizzyd »

We're self employed and our groups are very much run to government guidelines

The church and community hall I rent from can insist on mask wearing but sadly I can't enforce it and all I can do is respectfully ask that people wear masks and be considerate of others

I pride myself on keeping even Covid safe for the last near on two years but when the government makes rules like that there's absolutely nothing I can do

Thank goodness I ordered more of those masks that Ella recommended as I've stopped wearing my branded cloth one in group
My nail blog - you can also link to my instagram account through there
http://naildart.blogspot.co.uk
Kenickie
Kenneth Attenborough

Post by Kenickie »

Cerise wrote: Thu Jan 20, 2022 11:31 am
Pippedydeadeye wrote: Thu Jan 20, 2022 11:18 am I’d get a PCR to check that.
I wondered that.

The first sample appears to be, er, dirty,
Oh! :lol: The orange juice trick?
If your back's against the wall, turn around and write on it.
sally maclennane

Post by sally maclennane »

Ella77 wrote: Thu Jan 20, 2022 11:50 am
Chicky wrote: Thu Jan 20, 2022 11:48 am It made me laugh when they said that people would no longer be prosecuted for not wearing masks. I haven’t heard of a single person being prosecuted, nor have I ever even seen anyone being asked to put their mask on.
Same here. And boosters only last for about 10 weeks, don't they?
Do they?? Eek, where did you see this?
Christ on a bendy bus son, don't be such a fucking faff arse
emma_p

Post by emma_p »

I'm sure I read that somewhere.

My friend's mum did too and was the reason she cancelled going over at Christmas - she said her 10 weeks would run out on Christmas Eve.

eta: https://www.webmd.com/vaccines/covid-19 ... s-new-data
Edith Bacon

Post by Edith Bacon »

A’s school has written to say that, despite the government announcement, the high number of local cases means they still require masks to be worn on school buses, in communal areas and in classrooms. I’m really pleased about that.
Cerise

Post by Cerise »

Edith Bacon wrote: Thu Jan 20, 2022 1:24 pm A’s school has written to say that, despite the government announcement, the high number of local cases means they still require masks to be worn on school buses, in communal areas and in classrooms. I’m really pleased about that.
I would be too.
Lily
Picker-Lily

Post by Lily »

Dizzy, at the theatre we put up signs saying we still encourage mask-wearing and ask people to respect the safety of those around them :poke: :poke: and be considerate :poke: :poke: :poke:

D is excellent. Do you mean 97 days from his positive though?
"You first have to find out who you are. Then you have to be it like mad."

My blog, if you are bored
Cerise

Post by Cerise »

I do.
Lily
Picker-Lily

Post by Lily »

At the risk of outing myself as an enormous thicko, what has his PCR 97 days ago got to do with his state now? :look: How often have you been testing in the 90 days? (Sorry for not getting it)
"You first have to find out who you are. Then you have to be it like mad."

My blog, if you are bored
Cerise

Post by Cerise »

Because tests are not thought to be reliable within 90 days of a positive PCR so he’s only just out of that window.