Covid-19

Topcat

Re: Corona Virus

Post by Topcat »

Cheers both. The surgery is a non starter, they're on lockdown. 😂.

I'll sit tight until Monday when self isolation ends and see what is what then.
Topcat

Post by Topcat »

rosy wrote: Fri Mar 27, 2020 1:57 pm I’ve only had a text, no letter.
Oh. Thats all that I have too.

I know people think I'm being a div about this but it's really bloody confusing and unclear.
rosy

Post by rosy »

Matt Hancock has the virus now as well. Can Patrick Vallance, Chris Whitty and Rishi Sunak be far behind?
It’s like a normal midlife crisis only with more chandeliers and foreign languages.
sally maclennane

Post by sally maclennane »

I can see why Johnson and Hancock were tested, like them or not (latter in my case!) they are central to our government. Charles, really not so much. It doesn't detract from the shitty approach to testing NHS workers though.
Christ on a bendy bus son, don't be such a fucking faff arse
Lily
Picker-Lily

Post by Lily »

Probably because he has been close to the Queen.

If I had the £ then I would test myself.
"You first have to find out who you are. Then you have to be it like mad."

My blog, if you are bored
sally maclennane

Lily wrote: Fri Mar 27, 2020 2:13 pm Probably because he has been close to the Queen.
I don't think she's essential either :shrug:
Kleio

Post by Kleio »

Disco wrote: Fri Mar 27, 2020 11:52 am On Saturday a local wedding style DJ - he's only young - took requests on Fb and went from road to road in a car with his sound system playing the song each road had nominated. There were loads of videos put up but the most heartwarming one was the local old folks' care home with all the confined old dears sitting in their windows smiling and waving :cry: :cry:
I tried to read this out loud to the other people in the house and my voice broke. :cry:
Lily
Picker-Lily

Post by Lily »

sally maclennane wrote: Fri Mar 27, 2020 2:17 pm
Lily wrote: Fri Mar 27, 2020 2:13 pm Probably because he has been close to the Queen.
I don't think she's essential either :shrug:
That's totally fair enough, but for a huge amount of people she's a figurehead, and if she goes the morale of the country might go with her. I don't know - I'm not speaking as a Royalist although obviously I am, but a practical POV. He could well have paid for himself anyway; I know some people have.

smalex

Post by smalex »

I don't think people ought to be able to when there is a fundamental lack of supply in a crisis.
Lily
Picker-Lily

Post by Lily »

I agree with that, but they can. 'Twas ever thus. It does mean that if people know they've had it they can then go out as normal and hopefully improve the situation, but that's just the rich people.
Last edited by Lily on Fri Mar 27, 2020 2:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

SunnyMum

Post by SunnyMum »

I bloody hope he coughed up himself. Pun intended.
sally maclennane

smalex wrote: Fri Mar 27, 2020 2:22 pm I don't think people ought to be able to when there is a fundamental lack of supply in a crisis.
I absolutely agree. "Figureheads" should be pretty low priority when frontline workers can't be tested.

Charles didn't pay for his test, he was tested by the NHS and also did what the rest of us were told not to - moved to a rural area! Not that I needed any evidence of his sense of entitlement but that proves it.
smalex

Post by smalex »

Ha, yeah, I hadn't even thought about him moving to his 'holiday' home.
Ella77

Post by Ella77 »

They knowingly mingled with people who had it, the utter fuckwits.
Lily
Picker-Lily

Post by Lily »

Ah well, that's that then!

Shoe

Post by Shoe »

Maybe with more high profile cases people will cop on to the fact that anyone can catch it. It makes a mockery of the wash your hands stuff from early on though, doesn't it, it doesn't seem to have stopped the team leading us all passing it about.
Lily
Picker-Lily

Post by Lily »

I was thinking that Shoe - people might take it more seriously.

They could all have been washing their hands but got breathed on by someone. I've only just today realised I ought to be washing the groceries I've bought so undoubtedly I'll get it.

FiveO'Clock

Post by FiveO'Clock »

Kleio wrote: Fri Mar 27, 2020 2:17 pm
Disco wrote: Fri Mar 27, 2020 11:52 am On Saturday a local wedding style DJ - he's only young - took requests on Fb and went from road to road in a car with his sound system playing the song each road had nominated. There were loads of videos put up but the most heartwarming one was the local old folks' care home with all the confined old dears sitting in their windows smiling and waving :cry: :cry:
I tried to read this out loud to the other people in the house and my voice broke. :cry:
That broke me too. :cry:
Morganna

Post by Morganna »

Lily wrote: Fri Mar 27, 2020 2:23 pm I agree with that, but they can. 'Twas ever thus. It does mean that if people know they've had it they can then go out as normal and hopefully improve the situation, but that's just the rich people.
I don't know how this is going to work, though. How will it be policed? If I know I've had it (hypothetical, obviously) and go out, what happens if I am stopped? What happens if I worry people who haven't had it and are vulnerable? How do I show that I am immune? If the tests came with a badge or something, people would forge them, or borrow someone else's so that they could go out, or have their mates round for a barbecue. It's going to take a lot more thinking through than anything so far has had.
Lily
Picker-Lily

Post by Lily »

It depends on people being sensible. Which they aren't being.

I've just been to the Co Op underneath and the cashier was telling me some bloke came in this morning whose partner has it, but he is an alcoholic, so apparently he "had" to come in. He's been barred. I bought a box of Miniature Heroes for the staff, as I wanted to say thank you for them having to deal with all this in general and twats like that in particular. Ugh. PEOPLE.