Covid-19

kiwi

Re: Corona Virus

Post by kiwi »

Hmm, maybe? But then a lot of them had reviews for people who had stayed in March, so I don't think so. The site needs to block all bookings, if b&bs and hotels can't trade.
smalex

Post by smalex »

People were still allowed to stay in early march?
smalex

Post by smalex »

No one knows when the restrictions might be lifted, while, clearly, no one should be staying anywhere next week, why shouldn't someone speculatively book for the future?
Bendywendywoo

Post by Bendywendywoo »

Suzi.Q wrote: Sun Apr 05, 2020 8:46 pm The canal towpath near us is stupidly busy at the moment. Mostly couples and families with kids but at least a couple of groups who I’m pretty sure weren’t household groups. I really hope people start being sensible as we’ll really struggle if we can’t get E out for some activity.
The Facebook group for our town is regularly posting messages from the waterways people saying avoid the towpaths because they are too narrow to allow appropriate distancing. It makes sense so I'm have obeyed, but I have no garden so it is very tempting to stroll alongside the canal.
Heartsick.blog
kiwi

Post by kiwi »

Yes, but thinking about it some had bookings for April/May. (Sorry, I was half way down a bottle of wine when I looked so I'm remembering through a haze!)

A quote from Airbnb: Airbnb said it was reminding hosts to review government advice "before accepting bookings".

So no ban, no don't travel.
Bendywendywoo

Post by Bendywendywoo »

kiwi wrote: Sun Apr 05, 2020 8:48 pm I had a quick look on Airbnb last night and there are rooms available to rent down here for Easter! Surely that shouldn't be allowed? And why would you want unknown people coming in to your house without knowing their health?
I've been checking out Airbnb though, in case I need to stay away from my family. I go to work with an overnight bag packed in case it becomes unsafe for me to go home and I know I'm not the only one. A lot of keyworkers are staying away from home to protect their families. And we need somewhere to go 🤷‍♀️
Heartsick.blog
smalex

Post by smalex »

I had an airbnb booking for may (booked months ago) which I only got round to cancelling last week. I know its unlikely travel will be ok bu then but you never know so I guess owners and travellers might be hoping.

It's bad that airbnb aren't being explicit about it.
smalex

Post by smalex »

Yes I was just wondering if KW might have just cause to use airbnb. And some Airbnb might be able to operate safely. Although cleaning is presumably always a problem
Lily
Picker-Lily

Post by Lily »

Kenickie wrote: Sun Apr 05, 2020 2:06 pm Surely to keep 2m apart you or the other person has to walk into the road anyway, so it doesn't matter too much about being single file, unless you have massive pavements?
Not if people need to get in between you. It's just basic awareness of other people.

I did my walk this evening and everyone was very aware of each other. Like PG said, people in highrise flats wil suffer hugely if we stop them going out altogether. Heck, I will, and I've got a back yard I can sit in. By the bins.

I think Smal is right: people are always going to be dicks. But not most people. And that's what counts. These people are the same who would drink or use their phone while driving despite it being illegal. There are always going to be twats who think "This doesn't apply to me."
"You first have to find out who you are. Then you have to be it like mad."

My blog, if you are bored
Suzi.Q

Post by Suzi.Q »

The towpath near us is pretty wide, and most people are being very sensible, just the odd few idiots.
Lily
Picker-Lily

Post by Lily »

My mum has just rung - she was due to go back into work this week (she works in a care home) but she's decided not to. They aren't testing any of the residents in the home, PPE is limited, and they're now taking in patients from the nearby hospitals - who also aren't being tested. We are very relieved she isn't going in; she is 64 and this would knock her for six, fit as both she and dad are. She feels absolutely rotten about her decision, but she only does 1.5 days a week, so that won't make a massive difference to the home (in a nice way) but her getting ill and possibly dying would make a huge difference to all of us.
"You first have to find out who you are. Then you have to be it like mad."

My blog, if you are bored
Pippedydeadeye
Directory Pipquiries

Post by Pippedydeadeye »

My friend has an AirBnB and following govt. advice has been able to take in an otherwise homeless family. She wanted to give it free for key workers, but these are still people needing to isolate outside their usual home. It’s a weird situation.
Chicky

Post by Chicky »

Bendy- I work for a university and we are using some of our halls of residence to house keyworkers. Its worth checking your local area to see if there is anything like that available.

Boris is in hospital. Crikey.
kiwi

Post by kiwi »

I hope they spit in his tea.
emma_p

Post by emma_p »

That’s quite a big deal. I don’t want Dominic Raab to be in charge!
Chicky

Post by Chicky »

Apparently it’s precautionary as he is still exhibiting symptoms. He’s still in charge.
nineseven

Post by nineseven »

emma_p wrote: Sun Apr 05, 2020 9:23 pm That’s quite a big deal. I don’t want Dominic Raab to be in charge!
That was my first thought! He’s totally out of his depth even doing a press briefing.
smalex

Post by smalex »

Are any of them in their depth doing anything?!
Bendywendywoo

Post by Bendywendywoo »

Chicky wrote: Sun Apr 05, 2020 9:19 pm Bendy- I work for a university and we are using some of our halls of residence to house keyworkers. Its worth checking your local area to see if there is anything like that available.

Boris is in hospital. Crikey.
Thanks I will look into that xx
Heartsick.blog
Morganna

Post by Morganna »

Why do people have to keep moving? I've not been out in weeks either, so I only know what I see online, but there seems to be a lot of abuse aimed at people sitting on the grass in parks. I would have thought that it would be easier to avoid them than people running on paths and pavements, and if they haven't got the energy or inclination to run but still want to get fresh air (and sit >2m apart, obviously) they are not putting people at any more risk than joggers or runners. If they have walked to get there, then it is still going out for exercise, if that's what makes the difference.