Covid-19

Loralei

Re: Covid-19

Post by Loralei »

FiveO'Clock wrote: Tue Jan 12, 2021 2:24 pm Please take it easy and don't do a Ruby. :lg:
I don't think Annabella has ever shown tendencies towards felicide.

I understand why people say they are more concerned about passing it on than catching it themselves (as those who are healthy and not too aged should be) but it does sound horrendous.
Rosa

Post by Rosa »

My sister is struggling to get over it. She's exhausted all the time, and feels worse if she tries to do too much. And she's having weird symptoms like nose bleeds and not being able to tolerate hot drinks. She texted earlier to say she'd managed a coffee which she saw as a good sign! Rest seems so important in recovery.
Last edited by Rosa on Tue Jan 12, 2021 4:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mountain Goat

Post by Mountain Goat »

Your poor sister Rosa, I hope this doesn't last too long and she's able to rest well. With the hot drinks, is it teeth sensitivity or something else?

I am fine most of the time but still if I do too much, I bloody well know about it and you can find me in a deep sleep, or, alternatively, fucking everything up because I need to be in a deep sleep but don't have time.
Protected by the ejaculation of serpents
Rosa

Post by Rosa »

I don't think it's teeth sensitivity, more that it hurts to swallow hot drinks. I'm not entirely sure! I'm sorry you're still feeling the effects, Goat.
Little My

Post by Little My »

I'm glad she's seeing improvement, Rosa. And that your parents are up and about again, Olive.

Annabella, that's so scary. I hope you are both increasingly on the mend. It's interesting you both reacted the same way to it.

This thread might self-destruct at 999 pages anyway?
cluefree

Post by cluefree »

Your poor sister, Rosa!
Epponnee Rae

Post by Epponnee Rae »

So sorry to hear that Annabella, it sound utterly awful. At least you weren’t alone in your suffering?? I hope you and Mr A continue to feel better as soon as possible (which by all accounts is a slow going thing).
Disco

Post by Disco »

Your poor sister, Rosa, I'm glad there is some improvement.

Also good to hear that your parents are back on their feet too, olive.
rosy

Post by rosy »

Sorry to hear how poorly you’ve been, Annabella. Good wishes to you, and to Rosa’s sister, and olive’s parents. And everyone else still recovering.

Do you think Priti Patel is annoyed that her briefing isn’t on BBC1, like Johnson’s are? :lol: Though I think she always looks like she’s chewing a wasp, so maybe “annoyed” is her resting look.
It’s like a normal midlife crisis only with more chandeliers and foreign languages.
Ella77

Post by Ella77 »

She’s a stone cold fascist. They all look like that.
Mountain Goat

Post by Mountain Goat »

I can't even watch her. I'm just following the Guardian's reporting. Johnson and Hancock were more than enough for one week. :ttth:
Protected by the ejaculation of serpents
purple_dress

Post by purple_dress »

I only watched out of fascination. Her manner is so bizarre.
Annabella

Post by Annabella »

Thanks everyone for your support and commiseration. We are definitely on the mend and will take it very slowly. Hope your sister feels better soon Rosa. I also have no intentions of taking any cats in soon. Priti Patel is a nasty one.
Disco

Post by Disco »

purple_dress wrote: Tue Jan 12, 2021 6:50 pm I only watched out of fascination. Her manner is so bizarre.
She's like an android.
Heebie Jeebie

Post by Heebie Jeebie »

purple_dress wrote: Tue Jan 12, 2021 6:50 pm I only watched out of fascination. Her manner is so bizarre.
I just watched a clip there, it really is! She has that weird upper class way of lowering her voice to a purring sound, if that makes sense, while also dropping the g off the end of words like keeping. And I don't know if the clip was representative of the whole speech, but it had quite a fascist police state tone to it.
Disco

Post by Disco »

She just leaves as well. She doesn't draw things to a close. She literally just turns and walks out. :lol:

I mean, I hate them all so I don't mean to pick on the woman. I hate Dominic Raab the most.
emma_p

Post by emma_p »

Priti Patel is so, so stupid and well as being incredibly right wing. It's the absolute worst combination.
kiwi

Post by kiwi »

Is that inside info emma? I mean, I hate her anyway but I like to have my hate corroborated.
Ruby

Post by Ruby »

Worst of all I teach a girl with the same name, who is absolutely lovely, but it really puts me off her. :lol:
bramblerose

Post by bramblerose »

Annabella wrote: Tue Jan 12, 2021 9:07 pm Thanks everyone for your support and commiseration. We are definitely on the mend and will take it very slowly. Hope your sister feels better soon Rosa. I also have no intentions of taking any cats in soon. Priti Patel is a nasty one.
I'm glad you're on the mend, it sounds like it was a horrible time.
Do not walk behind me, for I may not lead. Do not walk ahead of me, for I may not follow. Do not walk beside me either, just fuck off and leave me alone.