Covid-19

Pippedydeadeye
Directory Pipquiries

Re: Corona Virus

Post by Pippedydeadeye »

I just got my antibody test result. Detected!

I feel somehow vindicated.
Mountain Goat

Post by Mountain Goat »

Oh! Did you think you had it? What brilliant news. You have the super power!

And a different type of "oh!" about the bride and groom
:love2:
Protected by the ejaculation of serpents
Ella77

Post by Ella77 »

emma_p wrote: Sat Jul 04, 2020 3:04 pm Face masks and latex gloves are littering everywhere! Gross.

I walked to Northcote Road as it's my nearest Kiehls and I wanted to buy something and take all the recycling I'd stockpiled. It's like nothing ever happened. The restaurants and bars are all RAMMED. No social distancing whatsoever. I came straight home via the back streets!
Argh, fucking hell.
Pippedydeadeye
Directory Pipquiries

Post by Pippedydeadeye »

Mountain Goat wrote: Sat Jul 04, 2020 3:27 pm Oh! Did you think you had it? What brilliant news. You have the super power!

And a different type of "oh!" about the bride and groom
:love2:
If it’s when I was ill in Feb, I had no fever but felt rough and had a cough. I also lost my sense of smell in March after going to London for a few days in late Feb. So I thought there was a chance, but I wasn’t I’ll like you were at all.

How nice for the weddings to happen. :hbeat:
Luce

Post by Luce »

Just to counter that, it feels very calm here. Town was heaving but in a socially distanced way and I'm always happy when I see people outside because it means they're not inside. There was lots of outside seating everywhere from all the restaurants and cafes and despite how busy it was, they were all half full. It felt like even outside people were spacing themselves out and about.

Oh that's good Pip! I've convinced myself I can't have had it in March because I felt so mildly ok and assumed that you can only have Corona if you feel like dying or you actually do die.
Disco

Post by Disco »

Oh wow, Pip! That's good. I know we don't know how immunity works with this yet but I bet there must be some :doctor: I wonder which time it was the cough time or the loss of smell time. Or perhaps that was the whole thing. I guess we'll never know.
Kenickie
Kenneth Attenborough

Post by Kenickie »

Oh that's reassuring Pip! I guess some people say it laysy for a long time so it could all have been part of it?

I have been to the zoo a couple of times now. Both haven't been great weather to be fair but it's felt as easy or easier to keep distance than on normal walks.

Most places near me that did deliveries during lockdown have stopped now which is really annoying.
If your back's against the wall, turn around and write on it.
Pippedydeadeye
Directory Pipquiries

Post by Pippedydeadeye »

It’s weird though, some of the medical staff I know have had negative antibody results when they had positive Covid PCR tests, and symptoms.

I’ve just filled in the form to express interest in donating plasma anyway, in case it helps someone.
Ella77

Post by Ella77 »

Nice one, Pip.

Most hairdressers I’ve seen online who are operating today are wearing something like this, but shouldn’t they have a mask on as well given that they’re standing above you, or am I being silly?
Disco

Post by Disco »

Mask also required in my opinion.
FiveO'Clock

Post by FiveO'Clock »

That's very considerate of you, Pip.

Yes, Ella, I would think they should!
Ella77

Post by Ella77 »

THANK YOU. I’ve just had a bickery row with my husband because he opined- with the full confidence of a man who knows nothing about women’s hair cutting- that he was “sure” the hairdressers will sit down at all times :bite:. Sitting down to do somebody’s roots. Uh huh.
Disco

Post by Disco »

Sit down?! Fool.
emma_p

Post by emma_p »

I passed a lot of hairdressers/barbershops on my walk and most were only wearing masks, not visors.
Pippedydeadeye
Directory Pipquiries

Post by Pippedydeadeye »

I’d say mask + visor would be best for them.
Luce

Post by Luce »

Sit down?! My hairdresser sits for maybe 5% of the time it takes to do my hair which is usually 2+ hours. I'd say mask and visor too but then I'm super uncomfortable about hairdressers at the moment (because of the time you're in there vs how unimportant hair is) so I might be overreacting there.
Ruby

Post by Ruby »

I think mask and visor too, and all my paranoia about the virus has disappeared completely for some reason, so I don't think it's overreacting.

I want Pip's plasma. It's actually really fascinating. I think I read somewhere that the models show about 1 in 20 people might have had it, which seems incredible.
Heebie Jeebie

Post by Heebie Jeebie »

I think I read that too about 1 in 20, I wish I could remember where.
Ella77

Post by Ella77 »

Ruby wrote: Sat Jul 04, 2020 6:05 pm I think mask and visor too
I do too. It seems so obvious to me, but apparently not!
olive
Really Creepy

Post by olive »

I’d say that the hairdresser would definitely need a mask!

That’s good news, Pip! I have been wondering if I’d left it too long to have an antibody test. I had the same symptoms as you back in March - cough and feeling rough for ages. I had bone aching chills and was surprised that I didn’t have a fever. Will the rest of your family get tested?