Covid-19

Ella77

Re: Corona Virus

Post by Ella77 »

I suspect, like Johnson’s bout of it, it’s highly fictitious and staged for exactly that reason.
olive
Really Creepy

Post by olive »

Dáire wrote: Tue Jul 07, 2020 5:42 pm If Bolsonaro only suffers it mildly, or asymptomatically, it'll only fuel his belief that it's nothing to worry about.
Totally this.
rosy wrote: Tue Jul 07, 2020 5:18 pm That’s awful, olive. Is it Keisha Lance Bottoms? I’ve been so impressed with her speeches. I hope she and her family will be ok.
Yes it is and she’s great!
Chicky

Post by Chicky »

Luce wrote: Tue Jul 07, 2020 3:54 pm Thanks Ted. We've had a few emails about it because we're booked in for end the of October already but that booking was from before lockdown. Boo, I was really hoping they would have opened the pool more by then although it is usually my least favourite part. Hm.
We’re booked in for end of October too and I think we’re going to push it to May next year because I don’t think it’s going to be the same.
Texaco Shirley

Post by Texaco Shirley »

Dáire wrote: Tue Jul 07, 2020 5:42 pm If Bolsonaro only suffers it mildly, or asymptomatically, it'll only fuel his belief that it's nothing to worry about.
That was my first thought.
Marth
Location: London - but not by the sea. Nowhere near it in fact.

Post by Marth »

Texaco Shirley wrote: Tue Jul 07, 2020 6:44 pm
Apparently he's taking some anti-malarials and is feeling pretty ok.
Malan
FiveO'Clock

Post by FiveO'Clock »

Marth wrote: Tue Jul 07, 2020 6:49 pm
Texaco Shirley wrote: Tue Jul 07, 2020 6:44 pm
Apparently he's taking some anti-malarials and is feeling pretty ok.
That's v disappointing.

My work has just announced we will not be back in the office before Labor Day (September 7th) and possibly not even then. I'm relieved as that gives us two months to see how things go and R will be back to teaching at that time, so our exposure will increase at that time anyway.
Little My

Post by Little My »

That is good, Five.

We have had no new cases in our region for the past few days, so a tentative yay. More things are set to open up at the end of the month if things continue as they are. I'm still not rushing out to take advantage of everything that's opening up, and have already preemptively cancelled my gym membership, but I think I should try to get out and do some things while the going is good as well. In a socially distanced, sanitized way. :look:
Heebie Jeebie

Post by Heebie Jeebie »

Has anyone else noticed the symptom tracker app has been reporting exactly the same number of new infections for several days now - 1445? I wonder why that is.
lazzbo

Post by lazzbo »

I thought Bolsonaro's health hasn't been very good since he was stabbed? I reckon he'll be plenty ill.
Mountain Goat

Post by Mountain Goat »

Oh that's reassuring. :)) What, if he gets actually ill, it might save peoples' lives who aren't psychopaths.

That's weird Apple, I hadn't noticed. Infection data seems so dodgy here full stop though.
Protected by the ejaculation of serpents
Kleio

Post by Kleio »

It's being pointed out on social media that the lifting of lockdown measures seem to apply specifically to traditionally male things.

Pubs, barbers and football but no beauty salons even though they are highy sterile envorinments with few people inside. Sports teams are being tested but teachers aren't. Teachers being mainly women.

Pregnant women are having to go to scans alone but could meet up with friends at the cinema? Women forced to go through labour alone even though at the same time people were being told to go back to work if they couldn't work from home.

I don't agree with all of it but the commentators are asking how many women were involved in the Covid19 recovery plan.
Marth
Location: London - but not by the sea. Nowhere near it in fact.

Post by Marth »

Women's sport shelved. Childcare scuppered mainly affecting women. It is the case. Women's hairdressers are open though alongside barbers
Malan
sally maclennane

Post by sally maclennane »

I saw that thread but felt it was a bit tenuous, women enjoy sport and going to the pub, they're not exclusive to men. That said, I think the beauty industry has been pretty much ignored because its largely female owned and staffed, and has predominantly female customers. Plus its mainly small businesses so won't have the political influences that the pub trade has, for example.
Christ on a bendy bus son, don't be such a fucking faff arse
Kleio

Post by Kleio »

That's why I said I didn't agree with all of it.
sally maclennane

Post by sally maclennane »

Kleio wrote: Wed Jul 08, 2020 10:59 am That's why I said I didn't agree with all of it.
Oh sorry, K, I missed that!
Christ on a bendy bus son, don't be such a fucking faff arse
Mountain Goat

Post by Mountain Goat »

Someone (can't remember who, sorry) was talking about the per cap deaths in the UK surely being the highest - John Hopkins agrees.

Last edited by Mountain Goat on Wed Jul 08, 2020 12:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Protected by the ejaculation of serpents
Ella77

Post by Ella77 »

That’s utterly shameful.
nineseven

Post by nineseven »

Mountain Goat wrote: Wed Jul 08, 2020 12:05 pm Someone (can't remember who, sorry) was talking about the per cap deaths in the UK surely being the highest - John Hopkins agrees.
Twas me. That's awful.
nineseven

Post by nineseven »

We've performed the worst whichever way you cut it. But please, Tories, tell me again how it's too early to make comparisons.
Montana

Post by Montana »

I thought it was Belgium. Still awful. :(