Covid-19

Roma

Re: Corona Virus

Post by Roma »

Why has Cummings so much power of Boris?! Anyone else would have gone but Cummings acted with integrity? I’m so disgusted with the government.
Mountain Goat

Post by Mountain Goat »

There's no point listening to the answers but the questions are blinding.
Protected by the ejaculation of serpents
Morganna

Post by Morganna »

Johnson is not making a good job of this, is he? Talking over the BBC bloke, cutting off Peston, blustering, repeating a script, allowing no comeback on his answers. It makes him look arrogant and incapable.
Mountain Goat

Post by Mountain Goat »

He:s looking rattled. Rather than just the standard incompetent.
Protected by the ejaculation of serpents
sally maclennane

Post by sally maclennane »

Peston's face when he thought he was off camera :lol:
Christ on a bendy bus son, don't be such a fucking faff arse
Lily
Picker-Lily

Post by Lily »

On Twitter (why am I on there?) Cummings is being compared to Caroline Flack, FFS.
"You first have to find out who you are. Then you have to be it like mad."

My blog, if you are bored
bramblerose

Post by bramblerose »

sally maclennane wrote: Sun May 24, 2020 5:37 pm Peston's face when he thought he was off camera :lol:
Yes!

Johnson spouted a crock of shite, absolute and utter bollocks.
Do not walk behind me, for I may not lead. Do not walk ahead of me, for I may not follow. Do not walk beside me either, just fuck off and leave me alone.
sally maclennane

Post by sally maclennane »

He was seriously rattled but other than the Channel 4 guy, the journalists were largely useless. There is so little accountability, he just outright ignored the question about Barnard Castle :ella:
Christ on a bendy bus son, don't be such a fucking faff arse
Texaco Shirley

Post by Texaco Shirley »

Lily wrote: Sun May 24, 2020 5:40 pm On Twitter (why am I on there?) Cummings is being compared to Caroline Flack, FFS.
The TV screen outside his house was a mistake. It gives back a small amount of the moral high ground and that’s all some people need.
Turtle Bean

Post by Turtle Bean »

Mountain Goat wrote: Sun May 24, 2020 5:27 pm Yes. I think the cover up is worse than the crime. If Cummings had apologised and said he panicked and made a bad decision, it'd be old news by now.
I said this to Zirk earlier. That's totally understandable and human. It's the blind insistence that he did nothing wrong!
Bat Macdui

Post by Bat Macdui »

Texaco Shirley wrote: Sun May 24, 2020 5:47 pm The TV screen outside his house was a mistake. It gives back a small amount of the moral high ground and that’s all some people need.
Yeah, massive tactical error by Led by Donkeys there. :lg:
Luce

Post by Luce »

Turtle Bean wrote: Sun May 24, 2020 5:49 pm
Mountain Goat wrote: Sun May 24, 2020 5:27 pm Yes. I think the cover up is worse than the crime. If Cummings had apologised and said he panicked and made a bad decision, it'd be old news by now.
I said this to Zirk earlier. That's totally understandable and human. It's the blind insistence that he did nothing wrong!
Yes, yes, yes. Honestly, even my 11 year old knows that everyone is allowed to fuck up but how you handle that is everything. Own it and apologise, it's forgotten. Dig down and bluster then you not only look unapologetic but actively gleeful. And if you're gleeful then it wasn't ever a 'mistake' in the first place.
Last edited by Luce on Sun May 24, 2020 5:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Lily
Picker-Lily

Post by Lily »

Bugger. I love the Donkeys but I have had some issues with their most recent campaigns.
"You first have to find out who you are. Then you have to be it like mad."

My blog, if you are bored
Bat Macdui

Post by Bat Macdui »

It was a good video, should've been outside Downing Street, not Cummings' family home. Rookie error.
smalex

Post by smalex »

I think the 'crime' was pretty bad on the first place, considering who he is and the seriousness of the situation, but I agree, to claim WE all misunderstood the rules rather than apologising and accepting that he bent them (or rather, bulldozed through them) is all the more enraging.
Derek Nimmo

Post by Derek Nimmo »

I'm with you Smal, he blatantly flouted the rules and didn't give a shit - then or now, cover up notwithstanding. If the Scottish minster and the Imperial scientist had to resign on the back of their behaviour, why doesn't he?

Its all entirely in keeping with Tory philosophy though - I'll do what's best for me and mine, and any idea of responsibility for a wider society can go hang.
Blondiejude

Post by Blondiejude »

Yes I agree, boris was never going to sack him or ask him to resign but if he’d held his hands up we’d probably all have forgotten this now. Unfortunately they’re now backed into a corner of having to keep re iterating the same ridiculous story which no one believes thus making themselves look even more stupid.

I’ve been more annoyed all day by the number of bbc newsreaders and journalists who keep referring to “Castle Barnard” it’s Barnard Castle you twats, if your going to do a story/speak on national tv at least do your bleeding research.

I appreciate this may just be because I live up here but hey ho.
Chicky

Post by Chicky »

I would hope from this tweet that the Mirror have got evidence to the contrary...
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Disco

Post by Disco »

I'm watching that twat Johnson now. It is staggering the lengths of bullshit these people will spout to justify. DC's intention was responsible. He said behaviour but quickly corrected himself to intention. I don't intend to murder Johnson so is that ok?
Chicky

Post by Chicky »

Agree re. Castle Barnard too jude! And also, even if it was outside of the 14 days of lockdown, he still travelled 30 miles away to park and walk, which was forbidden at the time.