Re: Corona Virus

Post by nineseven »

Topcat wrote: Tue Jul 07, 2020 10:31 am work response
Work response?
Topcat

Post by Topcat »

I've edited.

My swipe keyboard is being an absolute arsehole this morning.
Mountain Goat

Post by Mountain Goat »

I wondered about your owls earlier. :))
Protected by the ejaculation of serpents
Cerise

Post by Cerise »

Marth wrote: Tue Jul 07, 2020 10:25 am
Cerise wrote: Tue Jul 07, 2020 10:18 am Pubs have already had to close. Now there’s a surprise.
Why have they closed?
I should have said “some” pubs. Three have closed due to COVID cases.
Topcat

Post by Topcat »

Mountain Goat wrote: Tue Jul 07, 2020 10:33 am I wondered about your owls earlier. :))
Indeed! :lol:
Luce

Post by Luce »

Topcat wrote: Tue Jul 07, 2020 10:31 am
Thing is, we're now relying on the entire clientele of these pubs to do the right thing, and who can afford to do that now that a lot of people are coming toward the end of working from home?
I agree, it's appalling to think about how many people won't bother. But again, it has to be better than what was happening in Jan/Feb. I've just got to hope that there are enough who'll follow the rules that there will be significant damage limitation.
Bat Macdui

Post by Bat Macdui »

Mountain Goat wrote: Tue Jul 07, 2020 9:52 amAlso, I would like to add to Bat's List of Doom the impact specifically of flu season (part of the winter rush clearly) as it's going to be very hard for anyone to know which their symptoms are.
Plus bubonic plague. :)) (Yes, cases were reported yesterday, yes, apparently, there's apparently been the odd case for year and yes, it can now be treated with antibiotics. Who knew??)

I got a take out Costa yesterday and they had open tables with a laminated sheet on them with a Q code where you had to register if you sat down for more than 15 minutes. So, only people with smartphones who aren't fussed about sharing their data and can be arsed registering. Guaranteed to work. Guaranteed.
Mountain Goat

Post by Mountain Goat »

I came across an outbreak in Mongolia in the mid 90s, I met a handsome man* writing a travel/historical trail photography book who had been evacuated from a village because of the Bubonic Plague, and then found out it happens every year (not to him specifically).

* Unfortunately, seeing him deep in conversation with me made his female companion realise that she actually loved him and needed to declare this there and then, in front of a bust of Lenin. Still, may have saved me from contracting the Plague I suppose, which was not my mother's first point of concern about this trip.
Mountain Goat

Post by Mountain Goat »

DAYS WHEN WE COULD LEAVE THE COUNTRY AND MEET HANDSOME MEN CARRYING DISEASE. :cry:
Bat Macdui

Post by Bat Macdui »

Did you get a picture of the bust of Lenin? I can't find my picture of me posing with Lenin in St Petersburg. It's a sadness.
Bat Macdui

Post by Bat Macdui »

Life lesson: hold your photos of communist statuary close, for you will miss them when they're gone.
Mountain Goat

Post by Mountain Goat »

No. I was too busy gazing at the handsome man. It was in a bar so I doubt I even had my massive camera on me. I did see Dead Lenin in Moscow though. I wrote "my first dead body" in my diary. Only because I couldn't be arsed to queue for Mao's.
Kenickie
Kenneth Attenborough

Post by Kenickie »

Pippedydeadeye wrote: Tue Jul 07, 2020 8:52 am It’s things like public toilets not being open now that is making life impossible for people with disabilities or for children to be out. I think so many services have been rolled back that that will stop most people going out for long or further from their homes.
I walked past some after the dentist yesterday that were open, so I think these might be gradually opening up.

I think I'm going to stockpile a bit this time as I was quite panicked about not having toilet paper and nappies in March.

I can't think about it going on too long though so I'm choosing to mainly ignore it. I'm not sure I'll be able to do a night away during the summer unless maybe at my mum's but I think I might try and do some beach days in quiet places and carry on going to the zoo.
If your back's against the wall, turn around and write on it.
Bat Macdui

Post by Bat Macdui »

I would've liked a look at Dead Lenin but Moscow always seemed a bit too much like hard work. You know, like moreso than Belgrade in the late 90s. :look:
Mountain Goat

Post by Mountain Goat »

It was. I managed to be there during the 93 Constitutional Crisis. Tanks everywhere. A man I was on the train with for a week before was killed. Fun times.

We are going to get done for tangents again. :))
Bat Macdui

Post by Bat Macdui »

It's you leading me astray. AGAIN. :)) And this time we don't even have the 'we followed the detail of Brexit so you didn't have to' response. :))
Bat Macdui

Post by Bat Macdui »

Some of the best of my life's work was on that Brexit thread. Which says a lot about the quality of my life's work. :mog:
Luce

Post by Luce »

I think a tangent is very good for all of us, occasionally. So therefore; I love your zoo trip pictures, Ken, I used to go to Marwell a lot as a kid.
Mountain Goat

Post by Mountain Goat »

:mog: Quick, look up some CV controversy.
Bat Macdui

Post by Bat Macdui »

Insufficient fact based data to accurately systemise. :))