Covid-19

Lily
Picker-Lily

Re: Covid-19

Post by Lily »

I thought it had to be PCR. And yes, even if it turned up negative, I wouldn't be hanging around a load of people, especially little ones!
"You first have to find out who you are. Then you have to be it like mad."

My blog, if you are bored
Texaco Shirley

Post by Texaco Shirley »

As far as I’m aware if you are pinged/T&T’d you don’t need to self isolate if you’re double jabbed. You are advised to get a PCR if someone you live with tests positive.
viggy

Post by viggy »

In Scotland if you're double jagged and pinged, you need to isolate until your PCR comes back negative.

Imagine someone said that sentence to you two years ago :lol:
Little My

Post by Little My »

Right?! I read the first page of this thread earlier. Back in our pre-pandemic era..
Bat Macdui

Post by Bat Macdui »

Texaco Shirley wrote: Tue Sep 21, 2021 3:50 pm As far as I’m aware if you are pinged/T&T’d you don’t need to self isolate if you’re double jabbed. You are advised to get a PCR if someone you live with tests positive.
Yeah, this, having been through the myriad guidances a few weeks ago when we thought R might have it. Mostly turned out to be cat up his nose though. :))

If you live with someone with a positive test, they 'recommend' you should get tested. But then if that's a negative and you're double jabbed you can still just wander about willy-nilly. If you choose. They recommend limiting contacts but it's all very vague and 'it'd be nice if you maybe didn't go and sit on a bus full of people, maybe.'

So basically, Lily's person was probably within the guidance but perhaps not best practice.
sally maclennane

Post by sally maclennane »

Bat Macdui wrote: Tue Sep 21, 2021 3:18 pm The bistro pub thing near us has had to shut twice for staff/Covid stuff and is still banging everytime it comes back. The lack of hospitality staff seems to be a bigger issue for them, they're always begging for bartenders on Facebook now. :yes: So I hope your brother's pub comes back as quickly, sal, and he and his wife feel better soon.
Its not exactly a bistro :lol: it's a wee old man pub but they are mostly loyal ;)
Christ on a bendy bus son, don't be such a fucking faff arse
emma_p

Post by emma_p »

I hope your brother isn't too poorly with it, Sal, and reopen the pub soon. Loads of restaurants/pubs round here have closed temporarily due to covid - it always makes me relieved that they've taken it seriously and kept everyone safe. I'm sure his locals will be back.
Ruby

Post by Ruby »

It all feels a bit out of control at the moment. I don't know what the answer is but we can't go back into lockdown. Why don't the government just ask people to wear masks? It's not hard. It's such a political decision.

We mass tested (with LFTs) the whole school at work today and picked up another 18 kids with covid. 😬 We're doing it again on Thursday. They're completely riddled with it.
smalex

Post by smalex »

That's terrible. Carry on and hope for the best? I really don't know. Did masks really help much in schools anyway?

*touch wood* at the moment I'm not hearing of many near here at the moment, although I'm absolutely convinced it's coming. It can't not be.
Little My

Post by Little My »

That's a lot, Ruby! Wow.

We are still wearing masks in public places here (including schools).
Edith Bacon

Post by Edith Bacon »

Ruby wrote: Tue Sep 21, 2021 6:38 pm It all feels a bit out of control at the moment. I don't know what the answer is but we can't go back into lockdown. Why don't the government just ask people to wear masks? It's not hard. It's such a political decision.

We mass tested (with LFTs) the whole school at work today and picked up another 18 kids with covid. 😬 We're doing it again on Thursday. They're completely riddled with it.
E’s school is similar - it feels as if it’s going through them like wildfire.

The girls next door (who E travels with on the school bus) have been for PCR tests as one of them has symptoms and her (ndn’s) best friend has actually tested positive. And tonight one of E’s closest friends had two positive LFTs so is getting a PCR stat. A is off school with something that doesn’t seem coviddy but I’m making him do daily LFTs just in case. It feels as if it’s closing in on my house.
sally maclennane

Post by sally maclennane »

Masks are still required here, and I'd say compliance is not bad, not as good as before but still OK, yet our cases are high. Anecdotally I hear that school kids are not good at wearing them.

I listened to an interview with The Naked Scientist guy last week and he said it's less useful to look at case numbers, its more about what the cases become ie are they translating into hospital admissions?
Christ on a bendy bus son, don't be such a fucking faff arse
Ruby

Post by Ruby »

smalex wrote: Tue Sep 21, 2021 6:54 pm That's terrible. Carry on and hope for the best? I really don't know. Did masks really help much in schools anyway?
I don't know, but it can't hurt. We're back to mask wearing following a public health authority intervention. I've been screeching, "NOSE!" at children all day.
smalex

Post by smalex »

True, can't make it worse.
ParisGal

Post by ParisGal »

Ruby wrote: Tue Sep 21, 2021 8:04 pm I've been screeching, "NOSE!" at children all day.
I wish it were acceptable and also not a big threat to my bodily integrity to screech this at people in general :lol:
Zoomer

Post by Zoomer »

ParisGal wrote: Tue Sep 21, 2021 9:48 pm
Ruby wrote: Tue Sep 21, 2021 8:04 pm I've been screeching, "NOSE!" at children all day.
I wish it were acceptable and also not a big threat to my bodily integrity to screech this at people in general :lol:
Have you seen that sign comparing below-nose masks with someone's dick hanging out of their underwear? It gives the below-nose mask-wearing an extra level of revulsion. :lol:
Ella77

Post by Ella77 »

It's all I can see now when people do that.
ParisGal

Post by ParisGal »

Yes! It's quite odd, even before seeing that comparison, people's noses kind of looked slightly obscene to me when poking out of the mask.
bramblerose

Post by bramblerose »

What I don't understand is why, when you don't have to wear a mask, do people insist on having one on their chin...just don't wear it or put it on properly!
Do not walk behind me, for I may not lead. Do not walk ahead of me, for I may not follow. Do not walk beside me either, just fuck off and leave me alone.
Bat Macdui

Post by Bat Macdui »

AND, to be utterly shallow, how awful do people look with a grimy blue rag strapped around their chins?