Covid-19

Ella77

Re: Corona Virus

Post by Ella77 »

Dande, I’m so sorry.
smalex

Post by smalex »

I'm so sorry Dande. It's awful. Will you be ok, money-wise?
Rosa

Post by Rosa »

I'm sorry, Dande.
Lily
Picker-Lily

Post by Lily »

Dande, I am so sorry. This must be short-term only, surely? People will be desperate to go on holiday when this is all over. Are you chaps going to be alright?
"You first have to find out who you are. Then you have to be it like mad."

My blog, if you are bored
smalex

Post by smalex »

Lily wrote: Wed Mar 25, 2020 5:05 pm Dande, I am so sorry. This must be short-term only, surely? People will be desperate to go on holiday when this is all over. Are you chaps going to be alright?
The slump that follows this will be fierce beyond belief. It'll be much, much worse for the average working person than the virus itself.
Toast
Delboy

Post by Toast »

That’s really tough, Dande. I’m sorry.
Dandelion

Post by Dandelion »

smalex wrote: Wed Mar 25, 2020 5:04 pm I'm so sorry Dande. It's awful. Will you be ok, money-wise?
I don’t know. We haven’t got much of a financial cushion to fall back on at all, but we do have family who will help, and our outgoings are fairly minimal at the moment - no petrol, bus fares, Pret lunches or frivolities!

I don’t know how much I am going to be affected - If everyone will face the same cutbacks or if they will pick and choose, looking at store and individual performance (if the latter. I should be in a very good position). They still need staff to sort out the thousands of people still booked to travel in the next few months.

It is crazy though. It feels like everything has fallen apart in a week, and they didn’t even sound confident that there would be a company to go back to.

I figured that business would be booming after all this was over too, Lily, but everyone seems to be so financially impacted that it may not be the case!
Pippedydeadeye
Directory Pipquiries

Post by Pippedydeadeye »

I'm sorry, Dande.

I think even the worst case scenarios aren't fully realised for how badly businesses are going to be affected. I'm not sure if I'm finding all the "close X down" calls on Twitter to be overly sanctimonious or fully justified. If there is work that can be done safely, I think it should be allowed. I'm clearly some kid of capitalist consumerist pig though.
smalex

Post by smalex »

Yeah, I feel really torn about that too Pip. Shutting everything is going to be ruinous for so many people. At a very basic level.
Topcat

Post by Topcat »

That's shit Dande, I'm sorry.

I've just had a text from the NHS telling me they've recognised me as high risk and that I need to immediately self isolate, following the instructions on the gov website.

You would think that finding those instrctions would be pretty easy, but is it fuck, as usual.
Luna

Post by Luna »

I’m sorry about your news , Dands.

Aren’t you in isolation already, Mog?
rosy

Post by rosy »

I’m sorry, Dande.
It’s like a normal midlife crisis only with more chandeliers and foreign languages.
Tsu

Post by Tsu »

That's pants, Dande. I'm sorry.
Skips

Post by Skips »

Topcat wrote: Wed Mar 25, 2020 5:25 pm That's shit Dande, I'm sorry.

I've just had a text from the NHS telling me they've recognised me as high risk and that I need to immediately self isolate, following the instructions on the gov website.

You would think that finding those instrctions would be pretty easy, but is it fuck, as usual.
https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/coronavir ... high-risk/

J just got the normal text, so fuck knows what he is meant to be doing. That said, I got the same text on the work phone I was given on Monday that is in no way linked directly to me.
Topcat

Post by Topcat »

I am but only because I've been ill, it's due to end on Monday.

This is suggesting (to me) that it needs to be for longer but there's no way I can be included in the 1.5 million most at risk?
Topcat

Post by Topcat »

Cheers Skips.

It says that they will be writing out to those who are locked down so I'll wait for that, I have until Monday anyway.

Sorry to takeover, it's all a bit stressful really.
Last edited by Topcat on Wed Mar 25, 2020 6:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Flora Poste

Post by Flora Poste »

Topcat wrote: Wed Mar 25, 2020 5:41 pm
This is suggesting (to me) that it needs to be for longer but there's no way I can be included in the 1.5 million most at risk?
They said in the press conference that they were being cautious with who was being included in the 1.5 million most vulnerable and if you don't think you should be in it to talk to your clinician/ GP.
Flora Poste

Post by Flora Poste »

And sorry Dands. Mr P works in travel as well (the IT system side) and it's just a shit show right now. Apparently they are ok in the short term, but the future does not look good.
olive
Really Creepy

Post by olive »

I’m so sorry, Dande. That’s incredibly shit.
Jet

Post by Jet »

Dande, I'm sorry.

Mr J is still going to work and I can't help thinking they could be doing something differently, even temporarily. While his company and industry is classed as essential, his exact job really could be put on hold for a while and nothing catastrophic would happen. He's really worried about being a giant liability and endangering us, plus he's most likely the oldest person still up there working and he's asthmatic (as are both the kids). We had a big talk about it last night and he broached it in a one on one today - he's either going to take extended leave for the next two weeks or 'something else' that we've yet to hear about from his boss that he had in the works already apparently.
Half-ten?! Half-ten?! I've never been up at half-ten! What happens?