Mountain Goat

Re: Covid-19

Post by Mountain Goat »

How are you feeling?!
Protected by the ejaculation of serpents
Loralei

Post by Loralei »

I mentioned on here that my (childcare bubble) friend and her children had all tested positive. Her parents had just come over from Poland to stay and this morning her dad was rushed to A&E with breathing difficulties and very low oxygen. He has lots of health problems so I am keeping everything crossed that if he has covid (unlikely he doesn't) then it doesn't hit him too hard.
ParisGal

Post by ParisGal »

Oh no, Lora :(

I just went on my daily PO trip, and was astonished to see that the village hall car park was full of cars, as it used to always be on Thursdays. Because that's when the old people's club get together to play cards and have coffee or whatever. I can't believe they've started up again, and will see if I can find anything online. I'm fairly sure it's illegal (we can't go to the same hall for our gym class, which is a much much smaller number of people). Also the village restaurant had a chalkboard and sign out. I didn't have time to read it when driving by, so I'm hoping that's just better advertising for the takeaway service I know she was doing a while ago.
rosy

Post by rosy »

How awful, Lora. It's all getting very scary.

I hope MrG has a mild dose, Goat, and that you stay well.
It’s like a normal midlife crisis only with more chandeliers and foreign languages.
Smunder Woman
Consciously Unbellended

Post by Smunder Woman »

Oh no, lora.

I hope you and MrG are ok, Goat.
geek_kitten

Post by geek_kitten »

Mountain Goat wrote: Wed Jan 27, 2021 10:44 pm Thank you. He's just worked out from the timing that the most likely place he picked it up was....the chemist. I mean god. All the ways we've been careful.
M’s niece, who has been super careful, and had even had round one of the vaccine, got it from the supermarket. She’s had it pretty mildly as these things go (mostly what she describes as “lung pain” and breathlessness), so presumably the vaccine helped, but still 😱
Mountain Goat

Post by Mountain Goat »

Oh bloody hell, that's with a dose of vaccine?!

God, Lora. I hope he recovers quickly.

I woke up at midday ( :look: I'm off work, but I wasn't planning on this!) still feeling like I needed more sleep, with a sore throat, glands up, and feeling oddly warm and lightheaded. :ella: The latter two could just be due to lying in a warm bed for 12 hours, mind. Mr G immediately came in and started a work monologue at me, like a healthy person, and then complained his chin felt weird and enquired as to whether I had organised milk and bread, and went back to work. :lol: Anyway I've ordered a test. I feel better now then when I woke up, it might be nothing much.
Ruby

Post by Ruby »

geek_kitten wrote: Thu Jan 28, 2021 3:18 pm
Mountain Goat wrote: Wed Jan 27, 2021 10:44 pm Thank you. He's just worked out from the timing that the most likely place he picked it up was....the chemist. I mean god. All the ways we've been careful.
M’s niece, who has been super careful, and had even had round one of the vaccine, got it from the supermarket. She’s had it pretty mildly as these things go (mostly what she describes as “lung pain” and breathlessness), so presumably the vaccine helped, but still 😱
:eek: How long after her vaccine? I think it takes a few weeks to get up to immunity.
geek_kitten

Post by geek_kitten »

Around 3-4 weeks, so she should have had some immunity (she got a vaccine early because she’s registered as the carer of someone vulnerable).

She’s been able to work (from home) throughout (apart from one day) so has had it very mildly. But still. It was a bit sobering and I’ve tried to avoid shops entirely ever since!
Shoe

Post by Shoe »

My friend who's a nurse came down with covid about a fortnight after her first vaccine dose.

S and I are both feeling a bit rubbish, not sure whether it's general malaise yet but I'm hoping so*. We've literally only been to the shops and have been really careful so I'll be raging if we do have covid somehow.

* I'm 90% sure I'm just having an off day and with S it's MS fatigue.
Froozy

Post by Froozy »

I hope everyone feeling a bit ill recovers swiftly and doesn't actually have the 'rona. Fingers crossed your friend's father is fine with oxygen and steroids, Lora, and that your niece continues to have a light dose, Geek.

I am in isolation after my counsellor tested positive yesterday morning. She lives in the same council as Lora and Smal so can get weekly at least) lateral flow tests and has been having them refularly. Took herself off yesterday morning with no symptoms and got a positive result :cry:. Hopefully it's a false positive for her (does that happen?) so she's not at risk of getting ill. We were masked up and distanced with windows open so I think I'm fairly low risk, but obviously my glands flared up last night just to worry me. I feel fine now, just a bit confined.
olive
Really Creepy

Post by olive »

I hope your friend’s dad is ok, Lora and that you’ve escaped the ‘rona, Froozy.
Mountain Goat wrote: Thu Jan 28, 2021 12:06 am How are you feeling?!
I’m ok, thanks. I’m over the worst of my symptoms but my head still isn’t right. I’m having dizzy spells so am constantly nauseous and my vision goes blurry at random times. It feels like a combination of a sinus infection and vertigo.

I’m bored out of my mind too.
Mountain Goat

Post by Mountain Goat »

I hope everyone is actually ok and just having general malaise. God.

Mr G's doctor has just contacted him to tell him they're sending him a pulse oximeter. He's not high risk or with any sort of condition that might be cause for particular concern. It seems like a sensible thing to do with people at high risk but feels really scary that they think he needs one. I suspect it's their admin (I changed doctors because of how bad these ones are with admin) but...

ETA I cross posted with you olive - glad you're over the worst but that still sounds pretty bloody horrible. Does your dizziness mean you can't even alleviate the boredom with telly?
dizzyd
Englebert Humperdizz

Post by dizzyd »

I'm sorry for sounding really really thick you'd think I'd understand after hundreds of months of explanations but I don't understand how people are picking it up from the shops pharmacist chemists etc if they're wearing masks and those around them are and they're not in direct contact for 15 minutes

It set off a bit of a panic attack earlier that I can still pick it up and pass it to my mum even though she was in the first wave so thankfully has had both vaccines

And I'm also worried she can catch it as she goes to the chemist and the odd trip to Tesco

I just can't get my head around the transmission and I feel very stupid asking 🙈

One word syllables would be appreciated

I swear I'm not usually this dumb
My nail blog - you can also link to my instagram account through there
http://naildart.blogspot.co.uk
emma_p

Post by emma_p »

olive wrote: Thu Jan 28, 2021 4:57 pm I hope your friend’s dad is ok, Lora and that you’ve escaped the ‘rona, Froozy.
Mountain Goat wrote: Thu Jan 28, 2021 12:06 am How are you feeling?!
I’m ok, thanks. I’m over the worst of my symptoms but my head still isn’t right. I’m having dizzy spells so am constantly nauseous and my vision goes blurry at random times. It feels like a combination of a sinus infection and vertigo.

I’m bored out of my mind too.
I'm glad you're feeling over the worst of it olive. I had the blurry vision for month and months after we (possibly) had it in March and it's really horrible.
Marth
Location: London - but not by the sea. Nowhere near it in fact.

Post by Marth »

dizzyd wrote: Thu Jan 28, 2021 5:21 pm I'm sorry for sounding really really thick you'd think I'd understand after hundreds of months of explanations but I don't understand how people are picking it up from the shops pharmacist chemists etc if they're wearing masks and those around them are and they're not in direct contact for 15 minutes

It set off a bit of a panic attack earlier that I can still pick it up and pass it to my mum even though she was in the first wave so thankfully has had both vaccines

And I'm also worried she can catch it as she goes to the chemist and the odd trip to Tesco

I just can't get my head around the transmission and I feel very stupid asking 🙈

One word syllables would be appreciated

I swear I'm not usually this dumb
I think the same. The bloke got contacted by track and trace and told to self isolate. All he could pin it to was being in a busy supermarket the night before New year's Eve.

Geek? Is your niece a paid care worker? I ask because I haven't heard of any unpaid carers getting their jab yet.
Malan
Annabella

Post by Annabella »

Marth I think Carers Trust has asked for paid carers to get the jab - I am a charity Trustee - let me check last info I saw
bramblerose

Post by bramblerose »

Honestly, the little chemist near us is one of the places I have felt the most unsafe! I was waiting to pick up a prescription (volunteering) and it was obvious that, from the conversation behind the counter, that they had all had it. One of the pharmacists came out to the front, with no mask on, and closed the windows complaining of the cold. The woman who was manning the counter constantly fiddled with her mask and not once in the time I was in there did she sanitise her hands.

I stood to one side touching nothing and I sanitised my hands FOUR times while I was in there and felt like I needed to bleach myself from head to toe once I got out - sanitised again in the car and again before and after I handed over the prescription bag!
Do not walk behind me, for I may not lead. Do not walk ahead of me, for I may not follow. Do not walk beside me either, just fuck off and leave me alone.
Annabella

Post by Annabella »

To update – message from Carers Trust CEO

“I know that we all hope 2021 will see the elimination as far as possible of the devastating pandemic. 2020 was an extraordinary year and it is right that we reflect and learn from the past 12 months as we regroup and focus on the work ahead. And even though we are in lockdown and times are tough, at least we do now have those long-awaited vaccines to help us get through Covid 19.

Late in 2020 and over the Christmas period we lobbied hard for the inclusion of unpaid carers on the vaccine prioritisation list. We are delighted to have confirmation that unpaid carers are entitled to the vaccine as a priority and our attention has now turned to communicating this in the vaccine rollout and to support decision makers to think about how this can be delivered (e.g. unpaid carers being vaccinated at the same time as the person they care for).”

This might depend on areas though.
Texaco Shirley

Post by Texaco Shirley »

Mountain Goat wrote: Thu Jan 28, 2021 4:58 pm I hope everyone is actually ok and just having general malaise. God.

Mr G's doctor has just contacted him to tell him they're sending him a pulse oximeter. He's not high risk or with any sort of condition that might be cause for particular concern. It seems like a sensible thing to do with people at high risk but feels really scary that they think he needs one. I suspect it's their admin (I changed doctors because of how bad these ones are with admin) but...

ETA I cross posted with you olive - glad you're over the worst but that still sounds pretty bloody horrible. Does your dizziness mean you can't even alleviate the boredom with telly?
When my neighbours had it they were given a pulse ox and they said it was the best thing ever for peace of mind.