Covid-19

emma_p

Re: Covid-19

Post by emma_p »

Derek Nimmo wrote: Fri Oct 02, 2020 8:10 am
Marth wrote: Fri Oct 02, 2020 8:07 am SNP MP travelled to Westminster by train after getting covid symptoms. Will or has resigned and rightly so. Cummings however....
Not just that, but the leader of her party condemned her utterly and unequivocally (and quite rightly so - what the hell was she thinking??).
I think lots of people are doing stuff exactly this because and somehow justifying it to themselves.
Ella77

Post by Ella77 »

cluefree wrote: Fri Oct 02, 2020 8:36 am I think he could eat a toddler while in front of a bible bonfire and still not be defeated at this point. If his followers don’t care that he’s a white supremacist, sexual assaulting, lying, venal idiot Then why would they care about this? He’ll be a hero or a martyr.
Agreed.
Annabella

Post by Annabella »

Princess Morripov wrote: Fri Oct 02, 2020 7:43 am I think it would be great if it just writes him off tbh :kind:
I have to agree :also kind:
Ella77

Post by Ella77 »

emma_p wrote: Fri Oct 02, 2020 8:36 am
Marth wrote: Fri Oct 02, 2020 8:07 am SNP MP travelled to Westminster by train after getting covid symptoms. Will or has resigned and rightly so. Cummings however....
Not just that, but the leader of her party condemned her utterly and unequivocally (and quite rightly so - what the hell was she thinking??).
I think lots of people are doing stuff exactly this because and somehow justifying it to themselves.
I think you're right. They're broadly agreeing with the restrictions but at the same time thinking in this case it's ok if *I* [x, y or z]. Everybody's gotta flipping stop doing that please :twitch:.
sally maclennane

Post by sally maclennane »

Annabella wrote: Fri Oct 02, 2020 8:38 am
Princess Morripov wrote: Fri Oct 02, 2020 7:43 am I think it would be great if it just writes him off tbh :kind:
I have to agree :also kind:
Thirded :heartofgold:

Margaret Ferrier is an idiot, but at least Nicola Sturgeon has spoken up immediately, and Ian Blackford has withdrawn the whip. It's incredibly irresponsible and if she was my MP, I'd want shot of her right away.
Christ on a bendy bus son, don't be such a fucking faff arse
Heebie Jeebie

Post by Heebie Jeebie »

I think if he dies it will directly save lives. If he has a mild case more people will die of Covid as a result because it will encourage the camp that don't believe it's a big deal.

It takes a week or so before it turns serious doesn't it? So we won't know till then.
mojojojo

Post by mojojojo »

Ella77 wrote: Fri Oct 02, 2020 8:37 am
cluefree wrote: Fri Oct 02, 2020 8:36 am I think he could eat a toddler while in front of a bible bonfire and still not be defeated at this point. If his followers don’t care that he’s a white supremacist, sexual assaulting, lying, venal idiot Then why would they care about this? He’ll be a hero or a martyr.
Agreed.
Oh, I agree too. Doesn’t stop me wanting it though.
emma_p

Post by emma_p »

Ella77 wrote: Fri Oct 02, 2020 8:38 am
emma_p wrote: Fri Oct 02, 2020 8:36 am
I think you're right. They're broadly agreeing with the restrictions but at the same time thinking in this case it's ok if *I* [x, y or z]. Everybody's gotta flipping stop doing that please :twitch:.
Jeremy Corbyn at a dinner party for 9, for example.

S just told me his brother said he had a sore throat and his step son said he wasn't feeling great either. They couldn't immediately get a test so HE WENT TO THE GYM. WTF? I hear things like this all the time. WTAF is wrong with people.
Shoe

Post by Shoe »

I am almost totally convinced this is a ploy and he'll 'recover' and use this to show how great he is.

I'm happy to hold my hands up and say I hope it kills him, slowly. I'm still annoyed BJ got off so lightly.
Ella77

Post by Ella77 »

emma_p wrote: Fri Oct 02, 2020 8:43 am
S just told me his brother said he had a sore throat and his step son said he wasn't feeling great either. They couldn't immediately get a test so HE WENT TO THE GYM. WTF? I hear things like this all the time. WTAF is wrong with people.
I reckon about 40% of people are doing this sort of thing. It's insane.

My husband's team at work (many of whom are back in the office) was told yesterday that somebody from the same office tested positive on Monday.
Chicky

Post by Chicky »

I hope Trump gets it bad. Although the way 2020 is going It’ll probably kill Melania off and leave him alive and kicking.

Youngest has a bad cough this morning so Mr C is taking him for a test this morning. He needs his passport which is at his mums so Mr C rang his ex to ask for the passport. She immediately started giving him shit about should he be taking youngest and wasting a test. WTF? We should just send him to school then should we?
ParisGal

Post by ParisGal »

Good lord, Chicky :ella:

The "It's OK if /I/ go to the gym / take the train" thing reminds me of the article about "Pro-Life" campaigners who have abortions, insulting the doctors and nurses, and then go straight back to picketing the abortion clinics. The only moral abortion is their abortion (or their daughters').
bramblerose

Post by bramblerose »

I hope Trump dies. I never wish death on anyone but I'll make an exception for him..

I wonder if Johnson will even mention the Scottish MP. Fucking Cummings started all this 'I'll do what I want, the rules don't apply to me' shite. If Johnson had come down on him like a ton of bricks, things might have been different, people may have taken notice of the guidelines.
Do not walk behind me, for I may not lead. Do not walk ahead of me, for I may not follow. Do not walk beside me either, just fuck off and leave me alone.
rosy

Post by rosy »

If Trump dies before the election, that might increase the Republican vote, as all the disaffected Republicans who have temporarily switched to Biden purely because Trump is Trump will probably switch back to Pence.

So on a purely pragmatic basis, I hope Trump has it really badly but without dying (so the idiots who think it’s a hoax are confounded) for the next four weeks and four days. After the election, it won’t matter so much.
It’s like a normal midlife crisis only with more chandeliers and foreign languages.
Roma

Post by Roma »

I’m not sure I believe that Trump really has it, I wouldn’t be at all surprised if it’s just a ploy to get sympathy and distract from the last debate.

The real danger is that he might have it but not develop any symptoms. He’ll just go out in public again then like others here have said and give the impression Covid is nothing to worry about.

I don’t want him to die and be a martyr. I want him to lose the election and for Biden to win with a massive majority to effect a real change in politics.
Derek Nimmo

Post by Derek Nimmo »

I wonder whether, if he kicks the bucket, would the election still go ahead as scheduled or would it get delayed?
rosy

Post by rosy »

I’m just reading this from WaPo: https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics ... er-part-1/

This explains it better, I think. https://www.vpr.org/post/ask-bob-what-h ... trump-dies

It really depends on when he dies - before the election, after the election but before the electoral college vote, after the electoral college vote but before inauguration.
It’s like a normal midlife crisis only with more chandeliers and foreign languages.
Mountain Goat

Post by Mountain Goat »

There's no telling really how the sort of people who would vote for Trump would react to this. Mr G's boss, who is a technical idiot, just said that the news has made him even more convinced that the virus is man made and all the leaders know. :sman:

I wouldn't be a bit surprised if Trump didn't have it but hasn't enjoyed being booed and not hero worshipped and wants to get out of going to school, but I also suspect that if that is the case, it will get leaked sooner or later by some pissed off staffer. I do hope he has got it and dies a slow painful death which somehow has no negative repercussions on November voting.
Protected by the ejaculation of serpents
Dáire

Post by Dáire »

A sore throat isn't a symptom, though. They wouldn't even test you with just that.
Turtle Bean

Post by Turtle Bean »

I don't think his got it at all, I think someone with the last remaining atom of common sense has persuaded him to say he has it to avoid another car crash debate.

I have no issue with hoping he dies. I think it's actually the right and moral thing to do.