Covid-19

Ella77

Re: Covid-19

Post by Ella77 »

God.
If everyone who was offered a vaccine and booster would take it, the pandemic would be effectively over in richer countries.
Estrella

Post by Estrella »

Over here you don’t have to isolate any more if you’re a close contact but deemed “essential”: https://www.abc.net.au/news/2022-01-20/ ... /100766406 MrE is still in the office and masks, while mandatory indoors in public places, aren’t required at work if you can stay 1.5M apart. Apparently we are due to hit our Omicron peak in a week or so.
Ruby

Post by Ruby »

sally maclennane wrote: Wed Jan 19, 2022 7:41 pm Sorry you have been affected Dande, i hope you are all OK.

This article from Devi Sridhar is good on the "learning to live with it" stuff and how endemic doesn't mean harmless.

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfr ... dApp_Other
I read that. I think it's relatively sensible.
Cerise

Post by Cerise »

Close contact email for D yesterday and a positive LFT this morning. Ugh.
Pippedydeadeye
Directory Pipquiries

Post by Pippedydeadeye »

Oh no!

Incredibly, C is still testing negative. My LFT this morning is really faintly positive so I expect I’ll be allowed out on day whatever (must check that again).
Kenickie
Kenneth Attenborough

Post by Kenickie »

Oh no Cerise.

My nephew tested positive on 8 Jan and it took until yesterday for my sister to test positive!
If your back's against the wall, turn around and write on it.
Cerise

Post by Cerise »

I went upstairs…
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
lazzbo

Post by lazzbo »

:mog: At least he's funny with it. Poor thing!
Kenickie
Kenneth Attenborough

Post by Kenickie »

:lol:
If your back's against the wall, turn around and write on it.
Cerise

Post by Cerise »

He came downstairs…
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Rebel Pebble

Post by Rebel Pebble »

D is ace :lol: .

I hope it stays mild for him.
lazzbo

Post by lazzbo »

Give him a stick to push people out of his way.
Loralei

Post by Loralei »

D is brilliant :)) How is he feeling?

TD is unwell this morning with a temperature and a cough. He's testing negative (LFT) and it's less than 90 days since he last had it (less than 60 days, actually), so it's unlikely he's plagued up again but I'll take him for a PCR and isolate him etc.
Pippedydeadeye
Directory Pipquiries

Post by Pippedydeadeye »

That’s brilliant! Squeak was chasing us all off last week but not with a sandwich board. :lol:

She’s gone back to school today, thank goodness. Not once did the school get in touch though.
Cerise

Post by Cerise »

Question is, does he actually have the plague? 97 days since his positive PCR. LFT on Saturday was firmly negative, during the 90 days he was sometimes faint line and sometimes nothing. Three LFTs this morning do not agree.

ETA: zero symptoms
Dutchie

Post by Dutchie »

The D1 one is definitely positive but how did you get 2 negatives? Most confusing... Love his plague creativity! :lol:

Jake came home halfway through the school day on Tuesday because he had discovered that the reason the boy next to him wasn't at school was because he had Covid. Now he's quarantined (along with half his class) and he's getting a PCR test tomorrow. So far, LFTs have been negative. I am hoping he'll be positive, just to get it out of the way. He had it in Sept '20 and had no more than a runny nose.
Pippedydeadeye
Directory Pipquiries

Post by Pippedydeadeye »

I’d get a PCR to check that.

Today was the first day I’ve actually tested positive on a LFT.
Ella77

Post by Ella77 »

Look at the propagandist bollocks in this.

https://www.gov.uk/government/news/engl ... -programme
This means from now (Wednesday 19 January):

The government is no longer asking people to work from home if they can. People should speak to their employers about arrangements for returning to the office, and should follow the Working Safely guidance.

From tomorrow (Thursday 20 January):

Face coverings will no longer be advised in classrooms for both staff and pupils.

From Thursday 27 January:

Venues and events will no longer be required by law to use the NHS Covid Pass. The NHS Covid Pass can still be used on a voluntary basis as was previously the case in Plan A.

Face coverings are no longer required by law in any setting. Public health guidance will remain in place, suggesting individuals should continue to wear a face covering in crowded and enclosed spaces, where you may come into contact with people you do not normally meet.
Derek Nimmo

Post by Derek Nimmo »

Would it really be so damn hard to keep masks on public transport and in supermarkets? Of course, no Tory politician needs to worry about either setting as they'd never be caught dead in either, but the madness of casting aside a simple, little-to-no cost public health measure for sodding optics is mind-blowing.

Also, poor bloody teachers. Again.
Cerise

Post by Cerise »

Pippedydeadeye wrote: Thu Jan 20, 2022 11:18 am I’d get a PCR to check that.
I wondered that.

The first sample appears to be, er, dirty,