Covid-19

Leap
Glitz 'n' Glam

Re: Corona Virus

Post by Leap »

I went into M&S today and that’s exactly how I felt! Even the polyester trousers I wouldn’t wear now/before/ever made me feel heart-swellingly emotional. I was in a shop! People were there! Clothes could be touched without first passing through the hands of Hermes!

I pressed the lift buttons with my elbows and ultimately left with nothing, but it was very nice to feel a bit normal.
Pippedydeadeye
Directory Pipquiries

Post by Pippedydeadeye »

We’ve discharged more patients in Leicester.
Marth
Location: London - but not by the sea. Nowhere near it in fact.

Post by Marth »

Just a reminder that the second Self Employed Income Support Scheme application process closes on the 13th of July.

People that were not adversely affected at the time of the first application so couldn't apply, but now are affected can apply for this second round.

Of course if you were adversely affected for the first application, and still are, you can apply again :))
Malan
nineseven

Post by nineseven »

Marth wrote: Thu Jul 02, 2020 10:28 am Just a reminder that the second Self Employed Income Support Scheme application process closes on the 13th of July.
No, the first application ends then. The second application is for those affected from 14th July. Or so I understood. :look:
nineseven

Post by nineseven »

From the government website:
If you’re eligible and your business has been adversely affected you must make your claim for the first grant on or before 13 July 2020.

This scheme is being extended. If you’re eligible for the second and final grant, and your business has been adversely affected on or after 14 July 2020 you’ll be able to make a claim from 17 August 2020. You can make a claim for the second grant if you’re eligible, even if you did not make a claim for the first grant. Find out more about the extension to the scheme.
Mountain Goat

Post by Mountain Goat »

Oh that got my heart racing. Imagine missing the deadline. I thought they said August when it was first announced but it would hardly be out of character to totally change that and say nothing.
Protected by the ejaculation of serpents
Marth

Post by Marth »

Lol yes, sorry for the panic
Malan
Heebie Jeebie

Post by Heebie Jeebie »

I think the most recent changes announced in Scotland mean grandchildren will be allowed to hug their grandparents, if I'm reading it right. My parents are so excited and I'm all emotional :cry:
Mountain Goat

Post by Mountain Goat »

:love2:
sally maclennane

Post by sally maclennane »

Heebie Jeebie wrote: Thu Jul 02, 2020 2:04 pm I think the most recent changes announced in Scotland mean grandchildren will be allowed to hug their grandparents, if I'm reading it right. My parents are so excited and I'm all emotional :cry:
It is but only for under 12s :( Ironically the only one of my mum's grandchildren who is under 12 is TTN who doesn't like hugs :lol:

I also thought it meant that kids can do playdates without distancing which surely be better for them and parents who won't have to holler "stay apart" :mog:
Christ on a bendy bus son, don't be such a fucking faff arse
Mountain Goat

Post by Mountain Goat »

Cheerfully reading about what a massive disaster opening the bars in the US has been. :lol: And that they think that now people have been allowed back in them, closing them won't work as they've all got the buzz from it now and will just have house parties/speakeasies.
olive
Really Creepy

Post by olive »

Mountain Goat wrote: Thu Jul 02, 2020 2:17 pm Cheerfully reading about what a massive disaster opening the bars in the US has been. :lol: And that they think that now people have been allowed back in them, closing them won't work as they've all got the buzz from it now and will just have house parties/speakeasies.
There is no way people will go back to social distancing now the restrictions have been lifted where I am. There’s been so much resistance to it in the first place.
Mountain Goat

Post by Mountain Goat »

It does seem like once the seal is broken, it's totally broken. Are they looking at locking down again around you?
Glint

Post by Glint »

sally maclennane wrote: Thu Jul 02, 2020 2:12 pm
It is but only for under 12s :( Ironically the only one of my mum's grandchildren who is under 12 is TTN who doesn't like hugs :lol:Yes

I also thought it meant that kids can do playdates without distancing which surely be better for them and parents who won't have to holler "stay apart" :mog:
Your poor mum. Sal.

Yes, no need for disapproving looks when younger kids are out playing together. And no shrieks :))
olive
Really Creepy

Post by olive »

Mountain Goat wrote: Thu Jul 02, 2020 2:26 pm It does seem like once the seal is broken, it's totally broken. Are they looking at locking down again around you?
Nope. Masks are not mandatory and the advice is to social distance and wash hands regularly.

Yesterday was the deadline to reopen music venues, conference centre, exhibitions etc and I didn’t read anything to say that it was rolled back.
Smunder Woman
Consciously Unbellended

Post by Smunder Woman »

The changes sound good, and have come in just as Joe has gone to his dad's :mog:

My parents have had some of the grandkids for the day, and have others for the weekend. My smallest nephew is smashing stuff and I think it's just adding to the joy of having them around again :))

Scottish Turtles, did you see masks in shops are mandatory from next week?
baargain
The Baarometer of Style

Post by baargain »

We're getting referrals for covid related ocd/health anxiety/fatigue/depression now. Just waiting for the ptsd to appear.

It turns out that we don't have enough PPE for my service to work in our bases, they have to prioritise it for ward/crisis etc staff. So we're trapped at home still.
sally maclennane

Post by sally maclennane »

Smunder Woman wrote: Thu Jul 02, 2020 4:34 pm Scottish Turtles, did you see masks in shops are mandatory from next week?
Yeah, I've been wearing mine any time I go to the shops anyway, and have no plans to go anywhere other than the supermarket/butcher's/local Co-op
Christ on a bendy bus son, don't be such a fucking faff arse
Marth

Post by Marth »

I need to go into the office tomorrow and look for a lost form. I work for a massive local authority and the post situation is bordering on severe maladministration. It's ridiculous.

We had a guide today to working in the office, with pictures of all the changes. Some people are starting back on Monday, but capacity needs to be at 640 or fewer people, down from 2.5k per day.

i haven't been out all week so I'm quite excited. I will be wearing a mask on the tube, obviously, but will wear if I have to go into a shop, as I feel it's only right to try and protect the workers as much as possible.
Malan
Smunder Woman
Consciously Unbellended

Post by Smunder Woman »

sally maclennane wrote: Thu Jul 02, 2020 4:39 pm
Smunder Woman wrote: Thu Jul 02, 2020 4:34 pm Scottish Turtles, did you see masks in shops are mandatory from next week?
Yeah, I've been wearing mine any time I go to the shops anyway, and have no plans to go anywhere other than the supermarket/butcher's/local Co-op
I'm a hermit anyway, so not too bothered by it. I haven't been wearing one, but have only been doing click and collect, or nipping into corner shop. It's not a huge hardship to start wearing one. Tbh, I would wear a space helmet if it meant I could get a massage :))