Covid-19

Ella77

Re: Corona Virus

Post by Ella77 »

Yep, Shapps is a cunt, as are they all.
smalex

Post by smalex »

Re the vaccine trial, my sister is getting a vaccination (or control vaccine) on the 1st june... unless she tests positive for antibody test (they did it today). Apparently they're overwhelmed and have enough participants now so presumably I wont get a call. I only applied about 3hrs after her.
smalex

Post by smalex »

Ella77 wrote: Sun May 24, 2020 10:26 am Yep, Shapps is a cunt, as are they all.
Totally. They *know* what they're arguing is immoral and dangerous. I don't feel one iota of sympathy for him. He should grow a conscience and refuse to do it.
Disco

Post by Disco »

Amazing Smal. I've just had a read as I thought the Bristol vaccine trials were separate to the Oxford ones but they are collaborating with each other. It's brilliant that so many people have volunteered.
Pippedydeadeye
Directory Pipquiries

Post by Pippedydeadeye »

It’s just gobsmacking. This has made me so unbelievably angry. Shapes trying to argue that he was on to talk about transport! The only transport we care about is all the unnecessary journeys you told us not to take, you shameless liars.
smalex

Post by smalex »

Disco wrote: Sun May 24, 2020 10:35 am Amazing Smal. I've just had a read as I thought the Bristol vaccine trials were separate to the Oxford ones but they are collaborating with each other. It's brilliant that so many people have volunteered.
Yes. She really wants to do it. I do too really. It is good so many people have volunteered. I'll post about how she gets on.
Disco

Post by Disco »

Thank you, I hope she progresses. I'll keep you up to date with my parents too.
Pippedydeadeye wrote: Sun May 24, 2020 10:41 am It’s just gobsmacking. This has made me so unbelievably angry. Shapes trying to argue that he was on to talk about transport! The only transport we care about is all the unnecessary journeys you told us not to take, you shameless liars.
They are shameless liars. I felt embarrassed watching him. No integrity whatsoever.
emma_p

Post by emma_p »

The sheer entitlement is breathtaking.

I see 5 Tory MPs are calling for his resignation.
nineseven

Post by nineseven »

Robert Peston (so pinch of salt) reckons it's only a matter of time until he has to go.
https://www.itv.com/news/2020-05-24/dom ... rt-peston/
Turtle Bean

Post by Turtle Bean »

I don't normally go on Twitter but this made me laugh so much. Did it actually get said or is it a joke?

‘I came on your programme to talk about transport matters,’ says Shapps, ‘as my expertise lies in transport.’

‘Well since your expertise lies in transport, did Dominic Cummings stop off anywhere between London and Durham?’
Kenickie
Kenneth Attenborough

Post by Kenickie »

:mog:
If your back's against the wall, turn around and write on it.
Lily
Picker-Lily

Post by Lily »

smalex wrote: Sun May 24, 2020 10:58 am
Disco wrote: Sun May 24, 2020 10:35 am Amazing Smal. I've just had a read as I thought the Bristol vaccine trials were separate to the Oxford ones but they are collaborating with each other. It's brilliant that so many people have volunteered.
Yes. She really wants to do it. I do too really. It is good so many people have volunteered. I'll post about how she gets on.
Please do - that's fantastic!

I am going to catch up with Andrew Marr now. Why does nobody have the balls to stand up and say "Cummings was WRONG and I will no longer defend him"? Shame on them.

My mum has just come over with some supplies. We had a 12 second hug - my first hug in months. So simple yet it meant so much.
"You first have to find out who you are. Then you have to be it like mad."

My blog, if you are bored
Morganna

Post by Morganna »

Where is Johnson in all this? And also, where is Kier? I hope he is preparing to slaughter the government at PMQs.

If the LP let this one go it will be a travesty, All of this is like one of those nightmares where you are relieved to wake up, then drift back into the next episode of horror. Ever since the coalition the UK has lurched from disaster to crisis, and we are now looking at a post-viral future out of the EU - circling the drain for real, but the PM is nowhere to be seen.

If ever we needed a decent leader it is now. Failing that, a revolution doesn’t seem like a bad idea.

I just hope that the Cummings debacle isn’t a distraction from something worse. It’s interesting that it happened weeks ago and is surfacing now.
nineseven

Post by nineseven »

I imagine Keir Starmer is very sensibly stepping back to prepare his official approach to this.
Chicky

Post by Chicky »

Turtle Bean wrote: Sun May 24, 2020 12:49 pm I don't normally go on Twitter but this made me laugh so much. Did it actually get said or is it a joke?

‘I came on your programme to talk about transport matters,’ says Shapps, ‘as my expertise lies in transport.’

‘Well since your expertise lies in transport, did Dominic Cummings stop off anywhere between London and Durham?’
No he actually said it. :))
Turtle Bean

Post by Turtle Bean »

Oh my word. :lol:.
Chicky

Post by Chicky »

I think Labour can sit back and let this play out for the moment, at least until PMQs.

Grant Shapps was so awful on tv this morning. He basically rewrote lockdown policy.
Rosa

Post by Rosa »

That's amazing!
Lily
Picker-Lily

Post by Lily »

Chicky wrote: Sun May 24, 2020 1:09 pm
Turtle Bean wrote: Sun May 24, 2020 12:49 pm I don't normally go on Twitter but this made me laugh so much. Did it actually get said or is it a joke?

No he actually said it. :))
I'm just watching this now. Andrew Marr is a STAR.
"You first have to find out who you are. Then you have to be it like mad."

My blog, if you are bored
Chicky

Post by Chicky »

Andrew Marr was v good. Sophie Ridge on Sky also did an excellent job. Wonder who will do the press conference this evening?