Covid-19

Ruby

Re: Covid-19

Post by Ruby »

Smunder Woman wrote: Sat Sep 18, 2021 5:48 pm No, they told me not to bother going to get stuff because we'd be home once they confirmed it was just glands or something. They probably did Jedi mind trick me though, I'm not very bright about these things :))
"No, no. Not urgent. Probably nothing. Don't go home first. Go straight there..."
Smunder Woman
Consciously Unbellended

Post by Smunder Woman »

Ruby wrote: Sat Sep 18, 2021 9:25 pm
Smunder Woman wrote: Sat Sep 18, 2021 5:48 pm No, they told me not to bother going to get stuff because we'd be home once they confirmed it was just glands or something. They probably did Jedi mind trick me though, I'm not very bright about these things :))
"No, no. Not urgent. Probably nothing. Don't go home first. Go straight there..."
:mog:
Lily
Picker-Lily

Post by Lily »

Good Lord, you poor sods! I'm so glad to hear that he is on the mend.
"You first have to find out who you are. Then you have to be it like mad."

My blog, if you are bored
maya

Post by maya »

Smunder Woman wrote: Sat Sep 18, 2021 9:50 pm
Ruby wrote: Sat Sep 18, 2021 9:25 pm
:mog:

Obviously not Covid related but exactly the same thing happened to my 8 year old in May - she was slightly in pain, nothing remotely dramatic but everyone kept saying let’s just check XYZ ‘as a precaution’ and it ended up that her appendix had burst and she had pus leaking into her abdomen. She is fine but I felt like an excellent mother after telling her for 2-3 days that she was probably just constipated and to drink more water :cry:
Smunder Woman
Consciously Unbellended

Post by Smunder Woman »

I am so glad it's not just me :mog: We might do it less if they were less annoying really :))

My family are finding it hilarious that the poor child had gangrene and his mother handed him some buscopan.
Bat Macdui

Post by Bat Macdui »

Less than 24 hours before I was rushed into hospital for an emergency appendectomy at age 11 my Mum have me a proper good bollocking for walking to my Grandma's after school instead of getting the bus to the childminder as I'd put everyone out and did I think she had money to burn on childcare and my Grandma was frail and didn't need me turning up making a big unnecessary fuss about another stomach ache. :)) So you're in good company there, Smun. Hope Joe's home and well soon.
sally maclennane

Post by sally maclennane »

When my brother had appendicitis, I made him walk to the hospital (we only lived a 10 minute walk away and parking was a real pain!) Obviously he's never mentioned it again :look:
Christ on a bendy bus son, don't be such a fucking faff arse
Kenickie
Kenneth Attenborough

Post by Kenickie »

Glad Joe is going well.

This thread is going to make me keep rushing my children to hospital every time they need to get a big fart out. :lol:
If your back's against the wall, turn around and write on it.
Lily
Picker-Lily

Post by Lily »

When I had appendicitis I diagnosed myself as I'd recently read Mallory Towers where one of the characters had it. My mum (a nurse!) insisted I'd just eaten too much party food (I'd been at another friend's 9th birthday party). When the doctor called and said "we can't rule out an appendectomy, we ought to get her to hospital" I yelled at my mum, "I told you!"
"You first have to find out who you are. Then you have to be it like mad."

My blog, if you are bored
rosy

Post by rosy »

Oh gosh, Smunder! What a time you are having. I read the last few pages in one go hoping there’d be good news towards the end. I hope J is fully recovered soon.
It’s like a normal midlife crisis only with more chandeliers and foreign languages.
Heebie Jeebie

Post by Heebie Jeebie »

Kenickie wrote: Sun Sep 19, 2021 12:33 pm Glad Joe is going well.

This thread is going to make me keep rushing my children to hospital every time they need to get a big fart out. :lol:
I have done this (on the advice of NHS 24).
Ruby

Post by Ruby »

Same.
SunnyMum

Post by SunnyMum »

I've been That Mother too! When SunnyDaughter#2 was 12 she complained about having a sore tummy for about 3 days and I told her it was just period pain. I ended up rushing her to hospital for an emergency appendectomy which ended up being very complicated because the appendix wasn't where it should have been!! It had moved about in there and had ruptured and it had got stuck to her intestines. We ended up in hospital for 10 days!
Derek Nimmo

Post by Derek Nimmo »

I had a broken arm for two weeks before anything was done about it but don't blame either parent for it, so all of you should give yourselves a break :) (Bloody hell Smun but you've been through it.)

Vaguely back on topic, J went for a night out with work friends for the first time in 1.5 years on Thursday and by all accounts had a whale of a time. He's been here all weekend as per usual, and only this morning has one of his colleagues thought to tell everyone that their kid had symptoms as of Saturday morning and has tested positive. They're all very close and have a whatsapp group which they chat away on all the time, so why the fuck they didn't think to share before now I have no idea. Can't imagine why we're still mid-pandemic :woteva:

(He's taken an LFT - for what it's worth - just waiting for the results.)
Ella77

Post by Ella77 »

Fucking hell!
Derek Nimmo

Post by Derek Nimmo »

It's negative, but meh - I am unimpressed.
Ella77

Post by Ella77 »

So am I. I don't really trust those LFTs (but I still take them regularly). I hope he's escaped without catching it.
smalex

Post by smalex »

I'd get him to test every day for a few days yet.
Ella77

Post by Ella77 »

Definitely.
Derek Nimmo

Post by Derek Nimmo »

I will, for sure.