Covid-19

Pippedydeadeye
Directory Pipquiries

Re: Corona Virus

Post by Pippedydeadeye »

That just makes no sense at all.

I’m so sorry about A Cluef. I hope he can get an employment lawyer (not an employolawyer, autocorrect!) and screw the guts for every penny and more.
Derek Nimmo

Post by Derek Nimmo »

Margo wrote: Thu Jun 25, 2020 7:27 pm There was an article written by Jeremy Hunt in the telegraph on the need for weekly testing of NHS staff, which was published on the 24th June at 7am. He reiterated his support for it later on that morning. Then he voted against it in the evening. Literally. The. Same. Bloody. Day.
Not an ounce of moral fibre between the lot of them. Fuckers.
baargain
The Baarometer of Style

Post by baargain »

What is the point.

I've just had a really stressed message from my poor NHS front line mate, they're all keeling over this week in their PPE. It's just so hot, they're all getting heatstroke. She lives near Bournemouth, so wants to burn everyone down.
bramblerose

Post by bramblerose »

I'm not surprised Baa. I've just read the news and yes, the photos may be misleading but the comments from people saying they wanted to "get out and about after lockdown"... IT'S NOT FUCKING OVER YET!

The Government have simply washed their hands of the whole situation.
Do not walk behind me, for I may not lead. Do not walk ahead of me, for I may not follow. Do not walk beside me either, just fuck off and leave me alone.
Little My

Post by Little My »

The news headline today "Three most populous U.S. states break coronavirus records, adding to fears of 'apocalyptic' surges" keeps preying on my mind. It's so fucked up.
Starry

Post by Starry »

Cloof what a shower of absolute arseholes. I’m so sorry.
FiveO'Clock

Post by FiveO'Clock »

I'm sorry, Cluef. Pretty ballsy of the fuckers knowing you're pregnant.
Little My wrote: Thu Jun 25, 2020 8:41 pm The news headline today "Three most populous U.S. states break coronavirus records, adding to fears of 'apocalyptic' surges" keeps preying on my mind. It's so fucked up.
Now Cuomo is being sued for requiring people to quarantine if coming from the new hotspots. I'm so tired of stupid people.
nineseven

Post by nineseven »

Topcat wrote: Thu Jun 25, 2020 7:20 pm The government have voted against regular testing for NHS front liners.
I don't understand their reasoning. Money, probably?
Mountain Goat

Post by Mountain Goat »

Apparently in the debate beforehand (I didn't see it and nor have I read Hansard) they said it was because they needed to prioritise cancer testing (or possibly CV testing on cancer patients) due to a backlog BUT if this is true, it makes a mockery of their claims about CV testing capacities. If they're saying weekly testing of NHS frontliners would mean other important testing couldn't happen, then they don't have the capacity they claim, do they? (Also it seems bloody idiotic to subject your cancer patients to risk from untested doctors and nurses: surely testing them is a first step in containing this, as well as in protecting the people we are all massively reliant on, FFS).

So maybe it's money, maybe it's about not wanting to reveal lack of competency, maybe something else entirely.

The US situation is bloody terrifying at the moment.
Protected by the ejaculation of serpents
sally maclennane

Post by sally maclennane »

Today is the first day (not a weekend or Monday) that there have been zero deaths reported in Scotland. It feels like cautious good news.
Christ on a bendy bus son, don't be such a fucking faff arse
Mountain Goat

Post by Mountain Goat »

That is great news.
olive
Really Creepy

Post by olive »

That does seem like good news, Sal! :fc: this is the beginning of the end.

The US is an absolute shit show. Yeah, you stand up for those rights! :ruby:
Little My

Post by Little My »

Good news for Scotland.
FiveO'Clock wrote: Fri Jun 26, 2020 2:45 am Now Cuomo is being sued for requiring people to quarantine if coming from the new hotspots. I'm so tired of stupid people.
Insanity!

Our province is pushing to continue keeping the land borders closed beyond the end of July. For whatever protection that gives.
cluefree

Post by cluefree »

Leap wrote: Thu Jun 25, 2020 6:11 pm
Kleio wrote: Thu Jun 25, 2020 5:58 pm That’s utterly crap Cluef. I hope his boss stubs his toe, stands on lego and reaches for the rest of his tea only to find he’s already drunk it all.
EXACTLY THIS. Or they touch their mug :flirt: judge it warm enough, and then get a mouthful of cold tea. Every day, for the rest of their life.
I love how creative these are. :lol: :hbeat:

Thanks for being kind, chaps.

I can’t (can) believe they’ve voted against testing frontline workers weekly. Hateful twats.
Mountain Goat

Post by Mountain Goat »

And deaths and new cases going back up in the UK, which by this point is pretty much just England showing this trend as the devolved nations seem to have got this much better sorted.
Mountain Goat

Post by Mountain Goat »

Though! Compared to Florida, we're doing GREAT. :look: 9,000 new cases in one day?! 62% up on yesterday? And they're still saying that god doesn't want them to wear masks because they can't tell whose a paedophile when they're wearing one.
Heebie Jeebie

Post by Heebie Jeebie »

No! Are you serious? I want to laugh but I'm not sure whether you're joking.
Mountain Goat

Post by Mountain Goat »

I am conflating multiple nonsensical arguments but yes, pretty much that's the way Florida's going. Wearing a mask goes against God as he created us to breathe, and it is dangerous because how can you tell who the paedophiles are when you can't see their mouths? There was a load of lunatics speaking against a plan to introduce compulsory mask wearing in public indoor spaces.
olive
Really Creepy

Post by olive »

The Florida situation is appalling as not only are the people there behaving ridiculously to Goat’s point but also some of the beaches never closed so they’ve had people flying in from all over the US.

I also think there’s an racial element to mask refusal. If people agree to wear masks then you have people questioning why it’s not ok to wear burkas and we can’t have that.
ParisGal

Post by ParisGal »

I have seen memes suggesting that if people are forced to wear masks, within a couple of years they'll be forced to wear burkas. Also someone running for congress who said that muslims would make death threats if statues of Mohammed were pulled down :mog: / :ruby: