Covid-19

Texaco Shirley

Re: Covid-19

Post by Texaco Shirley »

I meant to say I got sent a code to input into the app as soon as I recorded the positive LFT. I think that only used to happen with PCR and presumably means it is officially recorded as a positive for the stats.
Cerise

Post by Cerise »

A use for all the used lateral flow tests apparently…
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
baargain
The Baarometer of Style

Post by baargain »

I've just started seeing this too :)) I am running out of plant labels tbf.
Zoomer

Post by Zoomer »

All the single-use plastics being used for those tests gives me the heebie-jeebies. And I'm not usually a Greta about environmental things.

Mind you, with all the empty planes apparently being flown all over, the single-use plastics for LFTs are probably the least of our troubles.
Starry

Post by Starry »

Over here those between 4 and 39 do LFT even if symptomatic. if you get a positive antigen test, you book a PCR.
Under 4 and over 40 go straight to PCR.
Pippedydeadeye
Directory Pipquiries

Post by Pippedydeadeye »

They were handing out LFTs outside our local supermarket this morning.

Squeak is asleep and I’m wondering if I should wake her.

Also, I can’t work out if I have a sore throat or if I poked myself too hard with the swab. :)
Kenickie
Kenneth Attenborough

Post by Kenickie »

My nephew tested positive at the weekend. The rules mean my sister and the rest of the family could have paraded around as normal, but she decided the sensible thing to do was for them all to isolate. Now my niece has it - just shows how stupid the rules are as she could have been spreading it around nursery too.

I'm sorry, Tex.
If your back's against the wall, turn around and write on it.
Estrella

Post by Estrella »

We’ve just been informed that there has been a positive child at my kids’ vacation care for the past two days. When this happened at their old school the week before Christmas, everyone was deemed to be a close contact and everyone had to isolate for 7 days with a day 5 PCR required to end isolation.

Not three weeks later, under revised guidelines, vacation care is now allowed to stay open. No one is considered a close contact. We need to test if they develop symptoms (home RAT or PCR) and isolate if that’s positive, but that’s it.
sally maclennane

Post by sally maclennane »

So you can still send them to the day care? That must be a relief!
Christ on a bendy bus son, don't be such a fucking faff arse
Pippedydeadeye
Directory Pipquiries

Post by Pippedydeadeye »

I’ve had a negative result returned on my pcr, as has C. But we’ve not had a result through for Squeak. Is that usual? We all tested together.
Rosa

Post by Rosa »

When S and I took our PCR tests recently (having tested together) his result came in hours after mine. I'm glad you and C are negative.
Glint

Post by Glint »

Great need that you and C are negative.

In my recent anecdotal evidence (when S's class had a outbreak), the negative results seemed to come back quicker than positives. It could simply have been that they were done at different stations or days.

Anytime I've done a test with someone else, the results have come within an hour of each other.

I hope you get her results soon.
Estrella

Post by Estrella »

sally maclennane wrote: Wed Jan 12, 2022 8:30 am So you can still send them to the day care? That must be a relief!
Yes, thankfully. I’ve only got them booked in for two more days, then I’ve got three weeks to fill as a result of the delayed school year start.
Texaco Shirley

Post by Texaco Shirley »

Negative results for MrTex and I came back faster than L’s positive last time round.
Cerise

Post by Cerise »

Whereas we were the other way round.
Rosa

Post by Rosa »

And S and I were both negative! There's no rhyme or reason to it, unfortunately.
Kenickie
Kenneth Attenborough

Post by Kenickie »

That's a relief about you and C, Pip.
Kenickie
Kenneth Attenborough

Post by Kenickie »

And I've always done at least three of us at a time for PCRs, sometimes they've come within seconds/minutes of each other, sometimes they've been an hour or two apart (always all negative so far).
sally maclennane

Post by sally maclennane »

Estrella wrote: Wed Jan 12, 2022 10:07 am
sally maclennane wrote: Wed Jan 12, 2022 8:30 am So you can still send them to the day care? That must be a relief!
Yes, thankfully. I’ve only got them booked in for two more days, then I’ve got three weeks to fill as a result of the delayed school year start.
Oh no, lots of screen time? Will your work give any special leave? We gave parents some paid time off when schools and day care were closed here, just a few hours each day but people felt it helped.

Good news Pip about the negatives!
Christ on a bendy bus son, don't be such a fucking faff arse
Squirrel

Post by Squirrel »

Pippedydeadeye wrote: Wed Jan 12, 2022 8:35 am I’ve had a negative result returned on my pcr, as has C. But we’ve not had a result through for Squeak. Is that usual? We all tested together.
We had (all negative) results come through at different times, it was only an hour or so, I thought the tests maybe got processed in different batches or something.