Texaco Shirley

Re: Covid-19

Post by Texaco Shirley »

Ours were over 12 hours apart.
Pippedydeadeye
Directory Pipquiries

Post by Pippedydeadeye »

Thanks all. Four hours after my result hers is through and is positive as expected.

I’ve read and reread the isolation guidance and as her symptoms began on Sunday I believe she can reenter society this Sunday with a negative test. My boss is fine with me working from home until then.
Texaco Shirley

Post by Texaco Shirley »

The day symptoms appear/pos test (whichever is first) is day 0. If you test neg on days 6&7 with tests at least 24 hours apart and don’t have a temp you qualify for parole.
Pippedydeadeye
Directory Pipquiries

Post by Pippedydeadeye »

Thanks, that fits with my understanding so I’m happy!

Squeak’s cousin, who visited on Sunday has now tested positive. That’ll teach them not to impose themselves on others!
Pippedydeadeye
Directory Pipquiries

Post by Pippedydeadeye »

Now they’ve just registered us as potential contacts on the NHS T&T thing. Am I ok to ignore that since I’ve just given all the same flipping info myself this morning? It’s basically recursion otherwise.
Dutchie

Post by Dutchie »

Estrella wrote: Wed Jan 12, 2022 10:07 am Yes, thankfully. I’ve only got them booked in for two more days, then I’ve got three weeks to fill as a result of the delayed school year start.
Oh no, Est! If you lived a bit closer than the other side of the world, I would be very happy to have your kids over. I only work 20 hours a week and my kids are pretty good at entertaining themselves/each other. Having said that, I'm so glad they've all gone back to school and I have the house all to myself during school hours...blissful silence!

Good to hear about your negative tests Pip! Mr D and I have pretty much adopted the attitude: we're all going to get it now. He goes to work every day and they can't always keep their distance. With Omicron being so incredibly contagious, it's pretty much a certainty that we'll get it at some point in the near future. Being double-vaxxed and boostered, hopefully it will be mild when it does hit. If it hasn't already.
SunnyMum

Post by SunnyMum »

Daughter n°1 has tested +ve again. She had covid in August and had her 1st vaccine last week. She feels lousy and is very, very fed up.
Luce

Post by Luce »

My sister has it (again) too! Her last one was back in June. She’s about a month post her booster. She said yesterday was a really scary day as it was her first day of symptoms and she was struggling to breathe but today she feels significantly better. Does sound like omicron is a fast moving beast! Her LFTs are still showing negative but the PCR was positive.
Kenickie
Kenneth Attenborough

Post by Kenickie »

Oh no, how frustrating for both of them to have it again.
If your back's against the wall, turn around and write on it.
Little My

Post by Little My »

Estrella wrote: Wed Jan 12, 2022 4:53 am We’ve just been informed that there has been a positive child at my kids’ vacation care for the past two days. When this happened at their old school the week before Christmas, everyone was deemed to be a close contact and everyone had to isolate for 7 days with a day 5 PCR required to end isolation.

Not three weeks later, under revised guidelines, vacation care is now allowed to stay open. No one is considered a close contact. We need to test if they develop symptoms (home RAT or PCR) and isolate if that’s positive, but that’s it.
Argh! Our kids are going back on Monday and we've been told the school will no longer inform us of positive cases, and we will only be alerted if the school reaches 30% absenteeism. My main take away from that is that there's no avoiding getting it.

Regardless, Mr LM is about to have a work trip to Nashville so I feel it's almost inevitable we'll be exposed in the next few weeks.
Estrella

Post by Estrella »

Yeah, similar here. MrE is having to fly to Rockhampton for work next week, plus with schools going back I think it’s only a matter of time here too. Though we can’t get tests so if we do get it, we may not be able to confirm.
Dutchie

Post by Dutchie »

Estrella wrote: Thu Jan 13, 2022 8:22 pm Yeah, similar here. MrE is having to fly to Rockhampton for work next week, plus with schools going back I think it’s only a matter of time here too. Though we can’t get tests so if we do get it, we may not be able to confirm.
What a mess Est! It does seem rather inevitable we're all going to get it at some point soon now.

Today I kept Jake home from school. He suddenly appeared downstairs last night, complaining of a headache, stomach ache and nausea. He took a paracetamol and headed back up to bed. This morning he was feeling no better, felt so sick he couldn't face eating a thing until around 1.30 pm. He's eaten very little all day and took another paracetamol earlier for his splitting headache. We did an LFT this afternoon but it was negative. Mr D doesn't trust it all and says the test could very well turn out positive tomorrow. Are these Covid symptoms though? In a way, I kind of hope it is and we all get it (mildly) now and get it over and done with. I just hate living in suspense, waiting for it to hit.
Hazey_Jane

Post by Hazey_Jane »

Ahhh, I can’t figure out how to separate your quote from Est’s but I’ve started to think similarly to you- it seems inevitable that we’ll get it now so just hope it’s mild. Did you see the report that 60-80% of people are expected to be infected with the omicron variant in the next weeks?

Stomach issues have been associated with covid but I thought it was more diarrhea than vomiting. Poor mite- hope he feels better soon
Estrella

Post by Estrella »

It really does feel inevitable. I don’t like Brigid Delaney much usually, but I really related with this piece in the Guardian: https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfr ... SApp_Other I know our experiences over here differ a lot from the rest of the world as we’ve been relatively sheltered.
Little My

Post by Little My »

It could be, Dutchie. I have developed a splitting headache today, and paracetamol is not touching it. Mr LM is convinced I should test.
Texaco Shirley

Post by Texaco Shirley »

I know a lot of people reported splitting headaches as their first symptom when it was rife here.
Ella77

Post by Ella77 »

If you do have access to tests (what a thing to be saying now!) try swabbing your tonsils as mentioned up-thread, even if it only specifies the nose.
Cerise

Post by Cerise »

Yep, most kids I know are starting with headaches and lost of appetite or vomiting. My friend’s daughter puked all over the test centre!
Pippedydeadeye
Directory Pipquiries

Post by Pippedydeadeye »

To be fair, I wanted to vom in the test centre.

We are still testing negative apart from Squeak, thank goodness. We’re generally keeping as far away from her as possible but I did need to go into her room yesterday when she dropped a lit match & tried to set fire to her carpet. :))
Pippedydeadeye
Directory Pipquiries

Post by Pippedydeadeye »

Also, I filled in everything for Test & Trace for her positive test, but they’re still chasing me as a contact of her cousin. Can I continue to ignore it?