Covid-19

Ella77

Re: Covid-19

Post by Ella77 »

Viruses often make you feel low, don't they?

Sorry absolutely everyone has it now. I hope you all feel better soon.
Pippedydeadeye
Directory Pipquiries

Post by Pippedydeadeye »

At least we can all hug each other now in my house. Except for C. And that’s fine by me. ;)
mojojojo

Post by mojojojo »

Pippedydeadeye wrote: Tue Jan 18, 2022 4:54 pm At least we can all hug each other now in my house. Except for C. And that’s fine by me. ;)
:lol:

Ah, sorry though Pip, and everyone else that’s going through it at the moment.

Poor M, Olive :cry:
Luce

Post by Luce »

Oh poor M :( And you too, Pip even though it was expected, still a pain for you all. I hope you continue to barely notice it!

My nephew (6) has been feeling really rough. No worse than a bad cold but definitely not nothing. He had Covid back in June as well so this was his second go around and weirdly much worse this time. My sister is still in isolation at day 6 though (still showing positive) so I guess they must have got a bigger viral load this time? Who knows at this point.
olive
Really Creepy

Post by olive »

Your poor nephew, Luce. Hope he feels better soon.

M’s test came back negative. His cold a few weeks ago knocked him for six and i don’t think he fully shook it off.

He’s eaten more today and hasn’t cried once today so assuming he gets a decent nights sleep he’ll be back at school tomorrow.
FiveO'Clock

Post by FiveO'Clock »

Good news for M and I hope he feels better soon, and that you and the kids remain OK, Pip.

R is very excited about our trip to the UK in March - two years to the day when it was all postponed due to Covid. His brother had a terrible time traveling from Italy to Scotland recently, but others seem to have no trouble at all. I'm worried about being stuck away from home longer than planned, but that's not a concern now, is it?
Rebel Pebble

Post by Rebel Pebble »

FiveO'Clock wrote: Wed Jan 19, 2022 2:47 am R is very excited about our trip to the UK in March - two years to the day when it was all postponed due to Covid. His brother had a terrible time traveling from Italy to Scotland recently, but others seem to have no trouble at all. I'm worried about being stuck away from home longer than planned, but that's not a concern now, is it?
It's pretty unlikely now. I've lost track of the rules for flying back to the US but you don't have to test to come here anymore if you're fully vaxxed. I've got my 50th birthday trip booked to Egypt for early March and as each day passes it feels like I can maybe start to look forward to it properly. It will be so lovely for R, I'm not surprised he's excited.

Mr R has been booked stupidly last minute on job in Budapest (like, phone call at 8 last night) and they want him to do a PCR before flying him out later today. Not for travel regs but their own production requirements. The ultra fast turnaround PCRs are only available at places at or near LHR so it looks like he's going to have to drive there this morning to be tested, drive home and then be driven there again for his actual flight. :lg:

Anyway I'm now really glad the FFP masks arrived more quickly than expected as Hungary is rather like the Florida of Europe, vax wise.
Chicky

Post by Chicky »

Working from home no longer recommended and face masks no longer mandatory. Sigh.
Derek Nimmo

Post by Derek Nimmo »

Ugh.
bramblerose

Post by bramblerose »

Meh.

How can he mention endemic? It's still a fucking pandemic and it will be until the countries that can't afford vaccines are helped.
Do not walk behind me, for I may not lead. Do not walk ahead of me, for I may not follow. Do not walk beside me either, just fuck off and leave me alone.
sally maclennane

Post by sally maclennane »

We still have WFH and masks, but SG are also talking about endemic, and they tend to be more cautious.
Christ on a bendy bus son, don't be such a fucking faff arse
ParisGal

Post by ParisGal »

Chicky wrote: Wed Jan 19, 2022 1:46 pm Working from home no longer recommended and face masks no longer mandatory. Sigh.
Eh? Bloody hell :(
Glint

Post by Glint »

And towards the end of March, it’s simply going to disappear, or it’s going to cycle back to Jan 2020.
mojojojo

Post by mojojojo »

bramblerose wrote: Wed Jan 19, 2022 1:49 pm
How can he mention endemic? It's still a fucking pandemic and it will be until the countries that can't afford vaccines are helped.
Absolutely - I don’t like the way “endemic” is creeping into conversation.
Dandelion

Post by Dandelion »

There are also new reports that lateral flow tests will no longer be free from June.

Our household has finally been hit. F tested positive this morning along with her cousin who we drop off at the same school. Shoes and uniforms off then. :lol: She is asymptomatic so far.

I have a headache and am fully anticipate getting a positive in the next few days. :cry:
Ella77

Post by Ella77 »

Chicky wrote: Wed Jan 19, 2022 1:46 pm Working from home no longer recommended and face masks no longer mandatory. Sigh.
FFS.
Pippedydeadeye
Directory Pipquiries

Post by Pippedydeadeye »

I hope you all stay as well as you can Dands.

I’m going from feeling ok to v under the weather every few hours. I’m fine, but kind of checking in with myself a bit more than I would just because I know I have it.
Disco

Post by Disco »

I hope everyone feels better very soon.
Dandelion

Post by Dandelion »

Boris has also intimated that when the isolation rules expire on the 24th March, that could be the end of isolation full stop.

https://secretldn.com/self-isolation-sc ... BVbOBZdDSg
sally maclennane

Post by sally maclennane »

Sorry you have been affected Dande, i hope you are all OK.

This article from Devi Sridhar is good on the "learning to live with it" stuff and how endemic doesn't mean harmless.

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfr ... dApp_Other
Christ on a bendy bus son, don't be such a fucking faff arse