Covid-19

smalex

Re: Corona Virus

Post by smalex »

I guess if you need to rest you should do it at home? I did have an internal debate about whether sunbathing is actually that terrible, but in terms of policing if people aren't actually moving it's kind of difficult to describe it as exercise.
Mountain Goat

Post by Mountain Goat »

I'm convinced they're playing it down. It seems absolutely rife across civil servants (my sister's entire team has it), and they don't all have the mild breezy cases of 7 days that they're pretending is the norm. I can't see how it can't also be like that among politicians. I don't think they have a magic germ barrier. I suspect there are some serious cases among high profile people we're not being told about, and I doubt Johnson's trip to the hospital is entirely precautionary tests.
Protected by the ejaculation of serpents
smalex

Post by smalex »

As ian dunt just said, if hes sick enough to go to hospital hes too sick to be running the country.
Chicky

Post by Chicky »

The lockdown is about only going out for shopping or exercise. It doesn’t (to my mind) include the ability to spend time outside (sunbathing, having a bbq). There is a difference between someone out for a walk who needs to rest on a bench for a few minutes and people taking a bbq down to the beach. IMHO anyway. Maybe when the virus is under control then restrictions can be lifted but we are at such a crucial point it seems sensible to do what we’re told and stay at home (apart from exercise or shopping or essential work).
Duophonic

Post by Duophonic »

The Scottish chief medical officer has resigned after her 2nd home shenanigans.
BRING ON THE TRUMPETS!

Princess Clacky Thing
kiwi

Post by kiwi »

I don't think she had any choice there really.
olive
Really Creepy

Post by olive »

Some people with limited mobility may just be getting out for fresh air rather than to actually sunbathe. It’s really such a minefield.

Even though our governor has issued a shelter in place order he has reopened beaches and both he and the governor of Florida have kept churches open (all religious institutions) open as essential business. I hope people have the common sense to stay the fuck away.

We’re heading out for a walk shortly and I feel like our entire cul de sac is watching and judging us for being out. One of our dickhead neighbours even commented that we were obviously taking quarantine seriously as we went past his house. :ella:
Little My

Post by Little My »

Over here we are not allowed to sit in, play in, or otherwise use parks (or anywhere outdoors) other than to transit through. So you can walk/bike/whatever through, as long as physical distancing is observed.
smalex

Post by smalex »

Duophonic wrote: Sun Apr 05, 2020 10:09 pm The Scottish chief medical officer has resigned after her 2nd home shenanigans.
That was ridiculous.
lazzbo

Post by lazzbo »

Has she said what she was doing there?
Morganna

Post by Morganna »

olive wrote: Sun Apr 05, 2020 10:12 pm Some people with limited mobility may just be getting out for fresh air rather than to actually sunbathe. It’s really such a minefield.
Yes, I think that it's more a case of 'if I think it's essential it's ok, but you are pushing it and they are taking the piss'. I honestly can't see why sitting still and getting sunlight (and vitamin D) is any different from running, particularly for those with SAD etc. Mental health is affected by different things for different people. Barbecues are probably different, as you can't really have them whilst observing the social distancing rules, but sunbathing?
We’re heading out for a walk shortly and I feel like our entire cul de sac is watching and judging us for being out. One of our dickhead neighbours even commented that we were obviously taking quarantine seriously as we went past his house. :ella:
I get so fed up with the judging on FB etc. Obviously the Scottish minister is a different matter, as there is no mitigation at all, but some of the other things seem to be being used as an excuse for people to act as judge, jury and executioner, and a lot of them are just loving it.
Last edited by Morganna on Sun Apr 05, 2020 10:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Duophonic

Post by Duophonic »

Taking her and the kids on a wee isolation weekend break and she was even cautioned by the police.
BRING ON THE TRUMPETS!

Princess Clacky Thing
lazzbo

Post by lazzbo »

No! I had not picked up on that. Muppet.
Lily
Picker-Lily

Post by Lily »

olive wrote: Sun Apr 05, 2020 10:12 pm We’re heading out for a walk shortly and I feel like our entire cul de sac is watching and judging us for being out. One of our dickhead neighbours even commented that we were obviously taking quarantine seriously as we went past his house. :ella:
Oh, flick him the Vs.
"You first have to find out who you are. Then you have to be it like mad."

My blog, if you are bored
Duophonic

Post by Duophonic »

Taken from the Guardian
In an intervention designed to shore up public confidence in the lockdown, Livingstone (Police Scotland’s chief constable) used his force’s Twitter feed to chastise Calderwood.

“The legal instructions on not leaving your home without a reasonable excuse apply to everyone,” he said. “Individuals must not make personal exemptions bespoke to their own circumstances.”
BRING ON THE TRUMPETS!

Princess Clacky Thing
Morganna

Post by Morganna »

Duophonic wrote: Sun Apr 05, 2020 10:27 pm Taking her and the kids on a wee isolation weekend break and she was even cautioned by the police.
I honestly don't know what she was thinking. If it had been weeks ago, before people realised all the implications of this I would get it, but she's been the one telling others to stay indoors and not travel. Plus, even if she could live with the hypocrisy, how did she think she was going to get away with it?
lazzbo

Post by lazzbo »

Cheers, Duo. What a tale of stupidity and hubris. She must be mortified.
Little My

Post by Little My »

Annoyed she got caught, more like.
lazzbo

Post by lazzbo »

I'd want the ground to open and swallow me up. I'm cringing on her behalf just thinking about it.
smalex

Post by smalex »

The hypocrisy is breathtaking.

I hear you on the wanting to get sunlight and vital D, morgs but a majority can do that in their back gardens. I know not everyone. I guess 'sitting in the sun' becomes meeting my friends who are also sitting in the sun 2m away and then you forget and spend an hour a metre away from one another and the bug gets spread. It's much harder to disperse groups if everyone is claiming to be 2m from one another sitting in a park. No one is saying exercise can't be slow or for short periods, you don't have to demonstrate yourself to be a honed athlete, but I think telling people they have to be moving isn't unreasonable