Covid-19

viggy

Re: Covid-19

Post by viggy »

Just to add to the positive experiences, I've been for physio twice and both times the health centre has been quiet, lots of room for socially distanced seats in waiting rooms, staff all in appropriate PPE.
Marth
Location: London - but not by the sea. Nowhere near it in fact.

Post by Marth »

Turtle Bean wrote: Thu Jan 14, 2021 2:30 pm

I'm not sure why but all the work put into keeping us safe by people like that is making me a bit weepy.
It does me as well
Malan
Margo

Post by Margo »

Thanks chaps; it’s good to hear positive experiences. I know I’ve been catastrophising somewhat, but it’s hard not to.

Anyway, in better news, mum messaged a while ago to say she has her first COVID jab next Thursday, which is ahead of her hospital appointment, so I feel a little less anxious about it all now.

Thanks again x
viggy

Post by viggy »

That IS good news Margo - I don't blame you for being anxious, but I'm glad that's helped.
Disco

Post by Disco »

That's good she's getting her first jab soon.

Glad the dentist was ok Beetle.

I won't be having my smear. Yesterday my surgery sent a text out to say they're not doing any non emergency stuff while they get on with the vaccination process.
cluefree

Post by cluefree »

That’s great news about your mum’s jab, Margo. I hope it helps you to panic a bit less.

I’ve just been for my smear. It was well organised and a positively reeeeeeeeeeelaxing half an hour break from childcare. :lol:

Literally though. The bar is so low.
Marth

Post by Marth »

cluefree wrote: Thu Jan 14, 2021 6:02 pm That’s great news about your mum’s jab, Margo. I hope it helps you to panic a bit less.

I’ve just been for my smear. It was well organised and a positively reeeeeeeeeeelaxing half an hour break from childcare. :lol:

Literally though. The bar is so low.
:mog:
Malan
Morganna

Post by Morganna »

I've had a few medical appointments in lockdown :ella:, and they have all been very well organised. I have a CT scan on 22nd Jan, and whilst I'm not looking forward to it, I have also had an ultrasound, an echo sound, an ECG and various blood tests since lockdown 1 began, and I haven't felt at particular risk (and I haven't even been in a shop for months, so am probably far more wary than most).

There is a sink outside the hospital and you aren't allowed in before washing your hands, there is a table in the entrance with masks for anyone who has come without one (again, no entry unless masked up), there are very few people about and the waiting rooms are all but empty. The nurse who comes to take you to the treatment room opens the door, and does the same to show you out, so you really don't need to touch very much at all, and there is sanitiser at the exit.

My mum had a lung operation before Christmas, and was kept in for a couple of days, but she has been fine, too. I understand your concern, but the hospital staff are obviously more clued up than anyone, and will do everything possible to minimise any risks.
Sky

Post by Sky »

I love how we've all sync'd our smears at the same time, like a flatshare full of women on their periods. Should we do a FB event for the next one like Bats did with her passport renewal? :mog:
nineseven wrote:What's the point in being slim if you have to stay indoors all the time, leaking from your anus?
http://www.justgiving.com/Pamela-Ward" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Texaco Shirley

Post by Texaco Shirley »

My mum’s COVID test was negative but it was a lateral flow test so cautious yay.
FiveO'Clock

Post by FiveO'Clock »

:fc: for your mom, Tex.

My parents have been notified they will have their first shot of the vaccine on Saturday. I'm crying with happiness and relief.
Ella77

Post by Ella77 »

Yay, Five!
Disco

Post by Disco »

Good news!

It's so lovely to hear of everyone's parents getting it.
Hazey_Jane

Post by Hazey_Jane »

The equivalent of The S** newspaper here is reporting the next measures that Merkel is considering / apparently wants- complete suspension of local and long-distance public transport, a curfew and a general home office obligation in all states.
Marth

Post by Marth »

I had to go to Hampstead this evening. Two tubes and a walk. The tubes were so quiet, and so many more people had masks on outside.
Malan
Loralei

Post by Loralei »

I noticed how quiet it was today. I had to collect some shoes/essential clothes for the children and went to three different retail parks and a small supermarket and the car parks were virtually empty. I had to check I didn't have the time wrong when I got to the Sainsos as there were no cars parked outside, which usually only happens during the hours when it's a bus lane.

I'm so glad to hear of the parents getting jabbed, and that your mum has tested negative, Tex.
kiwi

Post by kiwi »

Vaccines are starting at M's ma's care home tomorrow, they rang today to get our permission to vaccinate her. The staff will also get their jabs too, I'm so pleased for them to be able to go to work without having to worry.
Bat Macdui

Post by Bat Macdui »

This from the Guardian is very helpful in bringing together a lot of info about vaccines, immunity, reinfection etc.
Mountain Goat

Post by Mountain Goat »

Thank you. :love2:
Protected by the ejaculation of serpents
Lily
Picker-Lily

Post by Lily »

Sky wrote: Thu Jan 14, 2021 1:09 am I went for my smear this morning and the exam itself was fine, apart from the stroppy nurse, but the surgery was a shitshow. They'd called me to my OPA from December but hadn't actually updated their own system so I'm stood on the fucking doorstep shouting my personal details and reason for my visit in front of other people (YAY CONFIDENTIALITY!) and then on the way out had to push through a crowd of people waiting for flu jags.
Bugger me, surely that's a breach of all manner of things? They shouted "smear test"?! That would muster a complaint methinks.

My mum gets her vaccination tomorrow - I'm hugely relieved.

How do people react in Germany Hazey? Are they generally compliant or do you get the denier crap you get here?
"You first have to find out who you are. Then you have to be it like mad."

My blog, if you are bored