Covid-19

Pippedydeadeye
Directory Pipquiries

Re: Covid-19

Post by Pippedydeadeye »

Then you’ll get called in for a test to assess you and they’ll weigh you again, and then they’ll let you know if they want the real thing. They didn’t want mine.

(Then they rang me again to ask what I weigh. :) )
Pippedydeadeye
Directory Pipquiries

Post by Pippedydeadeye »

Ruby wrote: Fri Nov 27, 2020 8:54 pm
Pippedydeadeye wrote: Fri Nov 27, 2020 8:53 pm They will phone you and ask you how much you weigh almost as often as track & trace called you.
Oh no. :lol: Is it possible to be too fat to donate plasma? Bastards.
Not at all! They don’t want skinny bastards.
Ruby

Post by Ruby »

They def won't want Partner's plasma then. My friend has taken to calling him Lena Zavaroni.
Pippedydeadeye
Directory Pipquiries

Post by Pippedydeadeye »

You have to have a decent blood volume. I have that, but I also have the wrong (other) antibodies.
Rebel Pebble

Post by Rebel Pebble »

Yeah you need to be tall or large or both. :)) my average size 5ft 3 friend was turned down.

They take about double the amount they do for just blood don't they?
Pippedydeadeye
Directory Pipquiries

Post by Pippedydeadeye »

But they put the red bits back.
smalex

Post by smalex »

Pippedydeadeye wrote: Fri Nov 27, 2020 9:19 pm But they put the red bits back.
What! Isnt it all in the wrong proportion then though? Like putting jam back in? :panic:
Pippedydeadeye
Directory Pipquiries

Post by Pippedydeadeye »

I never got far enough to find out. :(
Kenickie
Kenneth Attenborough

Post by Kenickie »

Jam! :mog:
If your back's against the wall, turn around and write on it.
Kleio

Post by Kleio »

My Mum was floored by what we assumed to be the flu in December. I knew loads of people who had it and it seemed to be very contagious. She didn't get out of bed for 3 weeks, had a cough, fever and anosmia until mid January. It took her ages to get over it and I've often wondered this year if it was Covid. :shrug:
Disco

Post by Disco »

I thought there was an issue with women who had been pregnant at any point in their lives donating plasma?

I’m repeating myself too but I did write a sign to Monk saying I couldn’t breathe and to dial 999 when I felt breathless at the beginning of the year after a terrible cough that was so bad I’ve never smoked since (yay), so there is still a part of me that wonders if I had it.
Kenickie
Kenneth Attenborough

Post by Kenickie »

I had a bad cough in March that then turned into the flu which looking back could well have been Covid. It could have 'just' been the flu though.
Disco

Post by Disco »

I kind of do think it was a coincidence that a terrible coughing flu virus was so prevalent late last year/ beginning of this year. We’re bound to think it could’ve been COVID but I’ve never felt breathless ever in my life.
Kenickie
Kenneth Attenborough

Post by Kenickie »

I didn't think for a minute it was Covid at the time as it wasn't prevalent here. I guess it doesn't matter if it looks like the antibodies don't last. But would be interesting to know. Strangely no-one else caught it, even though my mum visited at the tail end of it (obviously wouldn't have let her if I had any inkling it could have been Covid!) and I was feeding the babies etc throughout. I mean, possibly P and Topsy and Tim might have had a cough or something but so mildly that I can't even remember, whereas I was incredibly ill.
Disco

Post by Disco »

Yes monk didn’t get it either. While I was ill for a month, slightly over a month.
Glint

Post by Glint »

My mum is thinking she’s immune to it / asymptotic as she looked in her diary and remembered my dad had a raging nighttime fever for a couple of nights which ties in with when a nurse came back from holiday. It didn’t seem to make him iller (is that a word?) just a seeming reaction to ab.

I’m also wondering similar as Mr G had a fever and cough at the start of March.

It’s too late for us all to be tested for antibodies, but all these could it is v interesting.
smalex

Post by smalex »

I think its entirely possible that a few people in the country had it in January, or even before Christmas, but just not as many people as wonder if they did. I think the teacher who was in the alps is a bit different, because it seems like it was spreading there first so it seems more possible.
I guess it probably came from multiple sources originally though. Dozens of little embers.
Disco

Post by Disco »

I found my sign written thinking my breathlessness might become acute in the middle of the night. Address blacked out. I’d packed a hospital bag as well!
smalex

Post by smalex »

Oh disco :cry: thats very upsetting.
Disco

Post by Disco »

I laugh about it now but I was really scared and almost called an ambulance so many times that night. I was too scared to go to bed so laid on the sofa with my sign and hospital bag to hand. 23 January the photo is time stamped.