Covid-19

nineseven

Re: Corona Virus

Post by nineseven »

Chicky wrote: Sun May 24, 2020 1:11 pm I think Labour can sit back and let this play out for the moment, at least until PMQs.
Never interfere with an enemy while he’s in the process of destroying himself.
Bat Macdui

Post by Bat Macdui »

nineseven wrote: Sun May 24, 2020 1:17 pm
Chicky wrote: Sun May 24, 2020 1:11 pm I think Labour can sit back and let this play out for the moment, at least until PMQs.
Never interfere with an enemy while he’s in the process of destroying himself.
The sheer discipline from Shadow Cabinet at the moment is fabulous and rather encouraging. Recess til 2nd June, so no PMQs this week. Labour can afford to wait this out whilst compiling evidence.

Given Cummings is probably actually in charge, there's a slightly worrying scenario that things could be worse without him, as at least he makes decisions and gets things done.
Morganna

Post by Morganna »

I know that’s what is always said, but that strategy also gives them the chance to get their wagons in a circle, so it’s not without risk.

I am about to watch Marr now - I was forgetting that it is on iPlayer, and I missed it live.
Bat Macdui

Post by Bat Macdui »

Nice single tweet from Labour with compilation video of government rules. And from Party account, not Keir or an MP. Nice. :)) I enjoying Labour actually looking halfway organised with someone sensible in charge of media relations almost as much as I'm enjoying the thought of Cummings being rattled. They must be really enjoying Campbell doing all their attack dog work for them without any actual current MPs or employees having to get in there. :))
Chicky

Post by Chicky »

Yes, they appear to be playing it beautifully at the moment, letting the journalists do all of the legwork and watching the Tories start to fall on their swords. Shame we're in recess though!
Ruby

Post by Ruby »

Bat Macdui wrote: Sun May 24, 2020 1:28 pm The sheer discipline from Shadow Cabinet at the moment is fabulous and rather encouraging. Recess til 2nd June, so no PMQs this week. Labour can afford to wait this out whilst compiling evidence.
Yes. I like to think that Keir is quietly ringing around Moto services on the M1, enquiring about CCTV, and making FOI requests to the cabinet office.

I think Cummings will hang on because the political fallout will be potentially huge, given how many people are likely to have known about his jaunts.
Pippedydeadeye
Directory Pipquiries

Post by Pippedydeadeye »

We were saying this morning that there’s not been a proper good Tory scandal for ages. I’m really enjoying the whole thing.
Turtle Bean

Post by Turtle Bean »

Me too, it's cheered me up massively to think how stressed Cummings must be.
Ella77

Post by Ella77 »

Without wishing to piss on any parades, I suspect he’s totally calm and unbothered. He’s not normal, is he?
Pippedydeadeye
Directory Pipquiries

Post by Pippedydeadeye »

Yeah, he’s fine. He doesn’t even think it was a little bit wrong.
Pippedydeadeye
Directory Pipquiries

Post by Pippedydeadeye »

And he won’t properly lose his job if he does go, just retreat into the shadows.
sally maclennane

Post by sally maclennane »

Ella77 wrote: Sun May 24, 2020 2:50 pm Without wishing to piss on any parades, I suspect he’s totally calm and unbothered. He’s not normal, is he?
Yeah, he's a droid of some sort. I hope he goes mainly to make them all look like a shower of arses for initially supporting him. I don't think it'll make a massive difference in the background as he'll still be there with his dark arts but it'll be sufficient humiliation for Johnson.
Christ on a bendy bus son, don't be such a fucking faff arse
Bat Macdui

Post by Bat Macdui »

I think Cummings is rattled. That's why I'm enjoying this so much. It's not his decisions, his game, his work that's all over the news, it's his face and his family. If nothing else, that's an indicator he's shit at his job. He'll not be enjoying this one bit. And that he's burned through Johnson's goodwill in the party with this when he needs that for Brexit will just be another headache for him. The Guardian running a live feed on him is exactly the sort if thing he'll loathe. Ha.
olive
Really Creepy

Post by olive »

Ella77 wrote: Sun May 24, 2020 2:50 pm Without wishing to piss on any parades, I suspect he’s totally calm and unbothered. He’s not normal, is he?
He definitely seems unbothered and is giving the impression he gives zero fucks as his situation is so obviously different to rest of the plebs. :ella:

I’m glad Kier hasn’t come out with lots of finger pointing. Although I love the thought he may do a Scooby Doo style reveal of Cummings at various spots between London and Durham.
Margo

Post by Margo »

Ooh! Boris is coming out of hiding at 5pm to address the nation 😊
ParisGal

Post by ParisGal »

Isn't it likely that they've all been doing exactly as they please throughout lockdown?
Lily
Picker-Lily

Post by Lily »

olive wrote: Sun May 24, 2020 3:49 pm Although I love the thought he may do a Scooby Doo style reveal of Cummings at various spots between London and Durham.
:mog: or rather :scoobystylesnigger:
"You first have to find out who you are. Then you have to be it like mad."

My blog, if you are bored
Topcat

Post by Topcat »

He's going to fucking well get away with this.
Topcat

Post by Topcat »

Never have I hated an administration as much as this one.
Screenshot_20200524_165038_com.twitter.android.jpg
Morganna

Post by Morganna »

Was that it? 'He acted with integrity, so here ae the figures'?

It should be unbelievable, but of course it's not.