Covid-19

Heebie Jeebie

Re: Corona Virus

Post by Heebie Jeebie »

sally maclennane wrote: Thu Jul 02, 2020 4:39 pm
Smunder Woman wrote: Thu Jul 02, 2020 4:34 pm Scottish Turtles, did you see masks in shops are mandatory from next week?
Yeah, I've been wearing mine any time I go to the shops anyway, and have no plans to go anywhere other than the supermarket/butcher's/local Co-op
I'm exactly the same.
Mountain Goat

Post by Mountain Goat »

Why have they still not published today's data?! ( I know the devolved countries have, and the hospital data is there but the total and the new infections is still not out. Though when the ONS say the new infections are 3,500 a day, not 800-900, I wonder what the bloody point even is).
Protected by the ejaculation of serpents
Shoe

Post by Shoe »

Heebie Jeebie wrote: Thu Jul 02, 2020 6:48 pm
sally maclennane wrote: Thu Jul 02, 2020 4:39 pm
Smunder Woman wrote: Thu Jul 02, 2020 4:34 pm Scottish Turtles, did you see masks in shops are mandatory from next week?
Yeah, I've been wearing mine any time I go to the shops anyway, and have no plans to go anywhere other than the supermarket/butcher's/local Co-op
I'm exactly the same.
Same. I hate wearing it and it's not doing me any good so I'm getting irritated by people who aren't bothering. I'm trying not to but I can't help it.
sally maclennane

Post by sally maclennane »

Smunder Woman wrote: Thu Jul 02, 2020 5:09 pm Tbh, I would wear a space helmet if it meant I could get a massage :))
Me too :))

Shoe, I feel the same about my mask. I don't like it but its a no brainer to wear it so it pisses me off that others don't bother.
Christ on a bendy bus son, don't be such a fucking faff arse
Edith Bacon

Post by Edith Bacon »

Mountain Goat wrote: Thu Jul 02, 2020 7:03 pm Why have they still not published today's data?! ( I know the devolved countries have, and the hospital data is there but the total and the new infections is still not out. Though when the ONS say the new infections are 3,500 a day, not 800-900, I wonder what the bloody point even is).
I can’t find it anywhere. It seems very odd. And suspicious.
Mountain Goat

Post by Mountain Goat »

I've seen a few people raising the question now so pretty sure we haven't just missed it. It's very odd. The hospital deaths data is slightly down so it seems unlikely that the total is shocking.
kiwi

Post by kiwi »

They are hoping that we will all just forget about it I think. Virus? What virus? Ooh look, pub...
Mountain Goat

Post by Mountain Goat »

I was just coming back to say pretty much that
:)) It's like when they stopped using the word Brexit isn't it? Trying to change the conversation.
Mountain Goat

Post by Mountain Goat »

Also now remembering that they stopped publishing the hospital admissions data a few weeks ago. Not to mention dropping the number of people tested.
sally maclennane

My friend lives in Ireland but her elderly parents are here and she is due to visit them in a few weeks. Which I absolutely understand but when she was telling me and another friend this (via WhatsApp) she said "I'll be in touch and hopefully we can all meet up" :bob:

I feel bad but I don't want to meet up with folk or be in a restaurant any time soon :look: She is a bit flaky though so I'm hoping that she'll be too busy to meet up. Its so hard not to seem like a complete drama queen about all this.
Pippedydeadeye
Directory Pipquiries

Post by Pippedydeadeye »

I don’t really blame you Sal, it’s all weird and strange and not always rational.

I’ve just heard that cinemas can’t have pick & mix, how will they totally rip you off now?!
Loralei

Post by Loralei »

I think it very much depends on what's normal for and around you, Sal. Meeting up with one or two sensible people outside doesn't freak me out any more as it's been normalised. That isn't to say it's the right thing to do, however, and I have found just saying, "I'm not ready to do that yet, sorry," has been fine whenever people I know are relaxing things faster than I am (meeting in mixed groups of 6 is still too much for me, for example, even though it's permitted) so hopefully it won't be an issue for your friend.
sally maclennane

Outside would be fine but the weather here is usually so unpredictable that its hard to plan. She and our mutual friend can be a bit scathing of people who don't think like them so I'm not sure they would be that understanding and it's not like I can pretend to have other commitments :lol:

I should just wait and see though, she will probably only have a few days here and her parents are very nervous about the virus so they may ask her not to meet up with others.
Starry

Post by Starry »

She will have to quarantine when she comes back to ireland too.

I am currently obsessed with our infections map. You can see down to electoral division and how many cases are in your area.
sally maclennane

Starry wrote: Fri Jul 03, 2020 11:06 am She will have to quarantine when she comes back to ireland too.
Yes, she said that. I can totally understand why she wants to come here as her parents are elderly and have quite a few health problems plus she wants to see her sisters. I just don't want to meet up with anyone :look:
Mountain Goat

Post by Mountain Goat »

Starry wrote: Fri Jul 03, 2020 11:06 am She will have to quarantine when she comes back to ireland too.

I am currently obsessed with our infections map. You can see down to electoral division and how many cases are in your area.
This has just been quietly released, although it's not as granular as it could be, it's at least better than regional level. It's relatively reassuring. If you're not in Leicester/Barnsley/Bradford. And if you ignore the asymptomatic people who haven't been tested. :)) Still no data from yesterday though, and the govt have now adjusted all their back data for infections due to double counting between pillar 1 and pillar 2, and god only knows what the real data is and whether the new data is right, or if the right data is one of the 25 other datasets circulating, or none of the above.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1ssIzgy ... GWojm/view
Starry

Post by Starry »

I totally get it too, I’d happily sit at home for a month if it meant I could spend time with my parents if I hadn’t been able to get to them. It’s not really in the community here any more, but I wouldn’t be taking any chances even so - I only meet up with a limited number of people at this stage. I’d be quite happy to keep social distancing going to be honest.
Shoe

Post by Shoe »

sally maclennane wrote: Fri Jul 03, 2020 10:34 am
I feel bad but I don't want to meet up with folk or be in a restaurant any time soon :look:
I'm having this issue with my dad. It's my 40th on the 15th, the day pubs and restaurants can open here. He's super keen we go out for a meal and gets really hurt when I say I will not be eating out that soon.
rosy

Post by rosy »

Mountain Goat wrote: Fri Jul 03, 2020 11:23 am

This has just been quietly released, although it's not as granular as it could be, it's at least better than regional level. It's relatively reassuring. If you're not in Leicester/Barnsley/Bradford. And if you ignore the asymptomatic people who haven't been tested. :)) Still no data from yesterday though, and the govt have now adjusted all their back data for infections due to double counting between pillar 1 and pillar 2, and god only knows what the real data is and whether the new data is right, or if the right data is one of the 25 other datasets circulating, or none of the above.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1ssIzgy ... GWojm/view
I couldn’t understand why we’d suddenly dropped 30,000 cases and gone to 8th most affected country from 5th on the Worldometers website, but that explains it.
It’s like a normal midlife crisis only with more chandeliers and foreign languages.
Glint

Post by Glint »

Shoe wrote: Fri Jul 03, 2020 11:27 am
sally maclennane wrote: Fri Jul 03, 2020 10:34 am
I feel bad but I don't want to meet up with folk or be in a restaurant any time soon :look:
I'm having this issue with my dad. It's my 40th on the 15th, the day pubs and restaurants can open here. He's super keen we go out for a meal and gets really hurt when I say I will not be eating out that soon.

Shoe, I’d definitely not be going out for a meal, even on a special birthday. Places will be full of ignorant numpties on the lash.

I would love to eat out, purely on the basis dishes would appear and disappear without having to do anything, but it’s not happening soon. So many restaurants are doing fantastic takeaways, it’s just a case of being organised.