Weight Loss 2020

Wiggle

Re: Weight Loss 2020

Post by Wiggle »

Thanks for the guidance geek-kitten. I like the numbers your link suggests alot more!
The 1290 seems really low to me as well and I certainly don't think it's sustainable. I should have said my PT said it sounds about right but is checking. She certainly isn't setting any calories etc.
Before lockdown I used to be alot more active (mix of cardio/weights, 4 to 5 times a week,) and I was eating much more. During lockdown I started to eat so much more (mostlly junk) and rarely left the house with some workouts. I really need to find the right balance of calories/workouts
ParisGal

Post by ParisGal »

I found the setting on my fitness watch app to show activity over the year, and the effect of lockdown is enormous, I'm really shocked as the only difference I thought there was was missing my gym class. Clearly making a big effort to shop less frequently and never doing anything social had a much bigger effect than I thought.
olive
Really Creepy

Post by olive »

Oh wow, that calculator has given me an allowance of 1,800 cals a day.

I think I eat around 1,500 but I exercise around 5 times a week and am on my feet quite a bit round the house.

My total loss is at 3lbs now - I was feeling quite demotivated but I’m definitely feeling a bit more toned and my clothes feel better.
geek_kitten

Re: Weight Loss

Post by geek_kitten »

Yes, I found the same thing - I was definitely gaining fat despite doing regular workouts. So I caved and bought a Fitbit to make me move more! It’s so much more effort somehow to consciously get 10k steps than just moving about during a working day 😖
geek_kitten

Post by geek_kitten »

olive wrote: Fri Jun 19, 2020 7:54 pm Oh wow, that calculator has given me an allowance of 1,800 cals a day.

I think I eat around 1,500 but I exercise around 5 times a week and am on my feet quite a bit round the house.

My total loss is at 3lbs now - I was feeling quite demotivated but I’m definitely feeling a bit more toned and my clothes feel better.
I think many women chronically undereat; there’s a whole different rant about sexism, the diet industry and the effect it has on women :))

Clothes fitting better is a good guide!
olive
Really Creepy

Post by olive »

I agree! I refuse to actively diet anymore but I do very consciously watch what I eat.
Wiggle

Post by Wiggle »

geek_kitten wrote: Fri Jun 19, 2020 8:01 pm Clothes fitting better is a good guide!
So true!
maya

Post by maya »

I’m just under 7.5lbs down in 3 weeks - doing 16/8, two meals a day and reducing (but not completely eliminating) sugar. I haven’t felt deprived as am still having some chocolate in the evenings but it’s working. Would like to lose 3lbs and then attempt to maintain for more than 5 minutes...
Mayday

Post by Mayday »

I stupidly took all of my smaller clothes to the charity shop just before lockdown, as I had accepted that I'd never lose the weight. What a dumbass :lol: :doh:.

I had stalled a lot this month. I thought I hadn't lost and was a bit fed up but then I looked back and it averages out a bit more than i thought. Plod, plod, plod.
sally maclennane

Post by sally maclennane »

ParisGal wrote: Fri Jun 19, 2020 7:41 pm I found the setting on my fitness watch app to show activity over the year, and the effect of lockdown is enormous, I'm really shocked as the only difference I thought there was was missing my gym class. Clearly making a big effort to shop less frequently and never doing anything social had a much bigger effect than I thought.
Same here, we go out for a walk most evenings for at least half an hour but unless we do an hour, i don't make my steps count (9k). I used to make mine most days. Another reason to hate WFH!
Christ on a bendy bus son, don't be such a fucking faff arse
Marth
Location: London - but not by the sea. Nowhere near it in fact.

Post by Marth »

No loss for me this this week, but possibly a cm off the waist and thigh. Probably just under, so nothing really.
Actually I am a pound on, but have been following my plan. I know what I need to do, I need to stop drinking wine for a few weeks. I am logging the wine, but probably understating.
Malan
Skips

Post by Skips »

That website gives me 1201 calories per day to lose 3 stone in 1 year.

I rejoined slimming world and I lost 1.5lbs last week. I'm not 100% on plan but that's due to what we had in the house/what was on the already confirmed ocado order. I'm doing the virtual group as I've always lost weight best when i have additional support.
Hazey_Jane

Post by Hazey_Jane »

Thank you geek for that link!
Marth

Post by Marth »

Thanks Geek. It only gave me just over1200 per day. That's based on me not moving apart from roughly 30 mins of quite vigorous exercise a day.

I'm another lb down and now just under what I was when I started lockdown, so I'm pleased. That's 9lb since the 8th of May.

I like the idea of wearing the fit bit to force movement. I think I'll start doing that.
Malan
Mayday

Post by Mayday »

Well done Marth!

A bit more off here, which is 20lb altogether, since mid March. I'm very pleased but wish it was a bit quicker as there is honestly no more I could have done.

I don't seem to lose anything in the first half of the month which is annoying, but it does seem to balance out at the end of the month. I'm glad I found the libra app as if I couldn't see trends like that in front of me then I think I'd be really disheartened.
geek_kitten

Post by geek_kitten »

Marth wrote: Mon Jun 22, 2020 7:40 am Thanks Geek. It only gave me just over1200 per day. That's based on me not moving apart from roughly 30 mins of quite vigorous exercise a day.

I'm another lb down and now just under what I was when I started lockdown, so I'm pleased. That's 9lb since the 8th of May.

I like the idea of wearing the fit bit to force movement. I think I'll start doing that.
I’ve found it really helpful, because my natural state is slothful and I need poking regularly to make me get off the sofa.

If anyone is interested I’ll post a slightly more detailed breakdown of how that calculator works and a bit on how to use the results. I should have said that at lower levels, it should be used with caution
Marth

Post by Marth »

Mayday wrote: Mon Jun 22, 2020 8:51 am Well done Marth!

A bit more off here, which is 20lb altogether, since mid March. I'm very pleased but wish it was a bit quicker as there is honestly no more I could have done.

I don't seem to lose anything in the first half of the month which is annoying, but it does seem to balance out at the end of the month. I'm glad I found the libra app as if I couldn't see trends like that in front of me then I think I'd be really disheartened.
That is an amazing loss, Mayday. Losing weight is such a slog isn't it.

I've now scraped into a healthy BMI range (by one pound! :lol: ). It's a milestone though, so I am pleased. I'm also just a few ounces off going down into another stone bracket.

All clothes remain non fitting. I think this is because I piled it on around my waist, hips and thighs, and I normally lose weight and look ill and gaunt in my face before I actually lose it where I need to :ella:
Malan
Mayday

Post by Mayday »

Thank you Marth, and well done to you too! I'm so close to a healthy BMI now too. plod, plod, plod it's so dull.
nineseven

Post by nineseven »

Gah I feel like I have totally wasted lockdown. I feel disgusting and have developed some really bad habits, mainly eating lots of chocolate, and my weight is creeping up. This ends today (I have no chocolate left and won't be buying any more) - I'm going to keep an eye on portion sizes, try to walk more, do weights and generally not be a dick.
Ismee

Post by Ismee »

I'm in too. I've put on loads over the last year and I look horrible in all of my clothes.

I'm doing a trial with Noon and so far have lost 4lbs so I'm pleased with that