Weight Loss 2020

Marth
Location: London - but not by the sea. Nowhere near it in fact.

Re: Weight Loss 2020

Post by Marth »

maya wrote: Sun Jul 05, 2020 7:03 pm Well done on all the losses! I’m still in and have lost nothing in the last week and have therefore self sabotaged all weekend...but determined to be back on track tomorrow. I lost 8.5lbs in between end of May and beginning of July and have approx 4lbs to goal where I’d like to maintain - which doesn’t sound like a lot but I can never ever seem to actually get there.
Same here. I have 4lb to lose but can't seem to make it. I should have been there this weekend and it was absolutely achieveable, but I'm stayed the same for three weeks. It's such a heart**k.
Malan
Loralei

Post by Loralei »

Ismee wrote: Sun Jul 05, 2020 3:41 pm I've been doing ok and I'm 6.5lb down now. The most I've been able to lose for years. I have 13lb to go.

Being back at work has helped because I've had routine and less opportunity to snack.
That's amazing! It's the slowest I've ever lost weight. I'm still averaging about 1lb per fortnight :verm:
Ismee

Post by Ismee »

Marth wrote: Sun Jul 05, 2020 7:25 pm
maya wrote: Sun Jul 05, 2020 7:03 pm Well done on all the losses! I’m still in and have lost nothing in the last week and have therefore self sabotaged all weekend...but determined to be back on track tomorrow. I lost 8.5lbs in between end of May and beginning of July and have approx 4lbs to goal where I’d like to maintain - which doesn’t sound like a lot but I can never ever seem to actually get there.
Same here. I have 4lb to lose but can't seem to make it. I should have been there this weekend and it was absolutely achieveable, but I'm stayed the same for three weeks. It's such a heart**k.
Anytime I have tried to lose weight, I end up with about half a stone that I can't shift. It's so annoying.
Skips

Post by Skips »

2.5lbs off this week! 7.5lbs overall and I've dropped into the next stone bracket.
nineseven

Post by nineseven »

That's great, Skips! The next stone bracket is tantalisingly close for me - I'm not sure I'll quite get there by my next official weigh-in on Weds though. I'm currently 0.75lb off.

The different in my waist is huge even after 12 days. Obviously it was mainly bloatedness :flirt: but I've already lost three inches (!).
Flora Poste

Post by Flora Poste »

Well done Skips! And that's amazing Nine - I'd happily lose no weight whatsoever and lose 3 inches off my waist.

I've lost 3lbs which is good, but I'm not thrilled about, mainly as I last it in the first 2 days and haven't dropped since. I am due on and a couple of days late though, so I'm hoping that is messing things up a bit.
nineseven

Post by nineseven »

I think it was mainly because I looked several months' pregnant when I started though, so you wouldn't want that :mrgreen:
Flora Poste

Post by Flora Poste »

Unfortunately, that's exactly what I look like! My weeble-like state is one of the reasons I need to do this!
Marth

Post by Marth »

Wow great loss Nine and Skips!

I have started beta blockers in the last two weeks and that coincides with no weight loss. I wonder if they have completely crashed and mashed my metabolism. I am doing 30 mins quite vigorous resistance and cardio a day to try and keep it up. Maybe it's just not enough.

ETA seems it can do. I might give up weighing because I'm becoming upset at seeing nothing happening, and go on clothing fit instead.

"Propranolol can cause your body to retain more fluid than normal, leading to a sudden increase in your bodyweight. This is not usually due to fat gain — instead, your body will simply hold more liquid than normal. "
Malan
Little My

Post by Little My »

Perhaps ignoring the scales might be good for your situation then.

Well done nine & skips!

I elected not to weigh myself this morning. I will next Monday though. I was falling into a bit of 16:8 pattern last week, so I will continue with that, and I think I will give up booze for the rest of the month.
Skips

Post by Skips »

I agree, ignore the scales for the time being. Does it sort itself out and it's just a short term thing?
Ismee

Post by Ismee »

Well done, Skips. That's amazing.

Marth, I think not weighing for a while is a good idea. Remember you are probably gaining muscle too which will effect the scales.
nineseven

Post by nineseven »

Official weigh-in day for me. -1.25lb this week. It's been more than that all week :lg: so I know it's a weigh-in day blip - that's why I weigh daily :))

That's 4.75lb off since starting calorie counting two weeks ago (and 12.25lb off my heaviest).
Mayday

Post by Mayday »

Well done Nine!
Flora Poste

Post by Flora Poste »

Well done Nine! I weigh everyday for the same reason, and am always obviously the lowest weight I've seen in my mind :look:
Marth

Post by Marth »

That's good Nine! I also weigh daily but its not good for me just now.

I gave in and weighed and I've actually slipped (by 8 ounces) into a lower stone band today. However that is the grand total of half a pound off since the 20th of June, and I've exercised and tracked everything.

It feels a bit worrying given all the dieting I'm doing. I am working out for 30 mins a day but I really do not think I am building all that muscle. It's not that hardcore :))

So I'll give it an extra good go til the end of the week (when I'm out) , and see if I can make it a whole pound off :toot:
Malan
Skips

Post by Skips »

Well done Nine!

Marth, I do think you need to give yourself a break. If the tablets you are taking can cause non fat weight gain it's more than likely that, and as you haven't actually gained weight it could well be that when it sorts itself out you will have a decent loss.
Marth

Post by Marth »

Skips wrote: Wed Jul 08, 2020 9:59 am Well done Nine!

Marth, I do think you need to give yourself a break. If the tablets you are taking can cause non fat weight gain it's more than likely that, and as you haven't actually gained weight it could well be that when it sorts itself out you will have a decent loss.
Thanks Skips. I feel I've heavily dieting just to stand still. God knows what would happen if I stopped. I'm hoping the effects from the tablets will ease up in a week or two. I'll ask my GP what she thinks, but if it's the tablets v the weight loss, the tablets would have to win.
Malan
nineseven

Post by nineseven »

Maybe you could focus on measurements rather than the scales for now. Sometimes if my scale doesn't budge I still get a small win on my arse size.
Marth

Post by Marth »

nineseven wrote: Wed Jul 08, 2020 12:48 pm Maybe you could focus on measurements rather than the scales for now. Sometimes if my scale doesn't budge I still get a small win on my arse size.
Oh that seems to staying the same, Nine, or actually getting worse lol. I'm not in denial about how much I'm scoffing as I am weighing and tracking everything, so i do feel very discombobulated. I was so desperate to lose some weight and right now have the willpower, but that's not enough just now it seems.
Malan