Weight Loss 2020

Little My

Re: Weight Loss 2020

Post by Little My »

Doing IF, I tend to not think of breakfast as a meal I have. Perhaps just thinking about lunch, snack and dinner for meal planning?
Morganna

Post by Morganna »

Good point. Typical breakfast foods do tend to be sugary/carby in my head. I'll aim for an omelette (I don't eat eggs with the yolk and white separate) for brunch, and go for a protein based meal in the evening. I don't mind eating very similar things for a week or two until I get into a routine, and then will mix it up a bit when I've got the hang of it. The chicken will see me through a couple of days, and I can have a salad, maybe a filling made with extra low fat mayo, sweetcorn and spring onions for a baked potato, and a curry or casserole of some sort out of it, as I will have to eat it all myself.
Last edited by Morganna on Sun Jul 12, 2020 4:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
nineseven

Post by nineseven »

Morganna wrote: Sun Jul 12, 2020 1:53 pm Yes, I suppose it is. I'm hungry by 12.00, though :)).
As Del says, I would be too after all those carbs and sugar. Some people don't get the crash but I really do.
sally maclennane

Post by sally maclennane »

It's definitely working out what satisfies you (oo-er) - if I eat porridge with almonds for breakfast, it keeps me full until lunchtime, whereas eggs don't really work as well. Bread based breakfasts leave me ravenous though, I love toast/croissants but after an hour, I could eat my own arm! Berries with greek yoghurt is a good snack for me too.
Christ on a bendy bus son, don't be such a fucking faff arse
Marth
Location: London - but not by the sea. Nowhere near it in fact.

Post by Marth »

Bread always seem a waste of calories to me when i'm dieting, as it just doesn't touch the sides.

I have a boiled egg on marmite ricecakes for breakfast.
Malan
Ismee

Post by Ismee »

I struggle to eat eggs in the morning for some reason. I see them as more of a lunch food.

I mostly have fruit and greek yogurt with a sprinkling of granola as opposed to a whole.bowl of granola that I was having previously.
Or sometimes I have sliced banana on granary toast. :ready:

I am another lb down, it's been up and down all week! So have lost 7lbs in 10 days. I'm delighted and it hasn't been too bad at all. I have another 12lbs to go.
Marth

Post by Marth »

That's excellent, Ismee.
Malan
Blondiejude

Post by Blondiejude »

I agree with the others re sugar and your breakfast, but as an egg hater (like ismee I love them at dinner but cannot stomach them at breakfast) what about slices of ham or chicken rolled with avocado/spready cheese/ tomatoes or just as I think marth said earlier on a rice cake or cracker? Maybe try not to think of “breakfast” foods ie. cereal but more brunch.
Morganna

Post by Morganna »

I hate eggs where the yolk and white are separate, and apparently have done so since I was a baby. Scrambled or omelettes are the only way I can eat them without wanting to gag. Even the smell of a poached or fried egg makes me feel ill. I have a new omelette pan that only needs a tiny bit of butter to stop sticking, so am going to get the use out of that, I think. The other good thing is that omelettes only take a few minutes to cook, which is an advantage when I am hungry :Gwen:.

Well done, Ismee - that's amazing progress.
Blondiejude

Post by Blondiejude »

I totally get that, everyone seems to rave about them but poached eggs leave me cold and I could pass on fried any day. I do like scrambled or omelette as you say, love an egg and tomato sandwich also homemade egg fried rice. I think their just one of those foods you either love or hate!
olive
Really Creepy

Post by olive »

Well done on the loss, Is!
Little My wrote: Sun Jul 12, 2020 3:08 pm Doing IF, I tend to not think of breakfast as a meal I have. Perhaps just thinking about lunch, snack and dinner for meal planning?
Same here. I’m basically going straight into my day with lunch at midday rather than just having breakfast a lot later.

I’ve dropped about 0.2lb which is laughable really but clothes are noticeably looser. I’m back into some of my ‘slimmer’ wardrobe again despite the scales barely shifting. :shrug:
maya

Post by maya »

That’s really good Ismee and Olive! Weird about the scales but it’s always nice to fit into certain clothes again. I hit my lowest weight since 2017 on Friday which was nice and now approx 10lbs down. I’ve adjusted my goal since it seems I can lose weight at the moment so I would still like to lose 3lbs more. I’m happy where I am really but it’s nice to have a bit of a cushion as I’m always going up and down by a few lbs and I’d rather start lower.

Re. the IF I think you definitely do have to keep an eye on meal sizes and calories, but I find that easier to do within the smaller eating window.
Flora Poste

Post by Flora Poste »

Yes - I'm doing 11-7 and I have a (tiny) bowl of muesli at 11, then lunch at 1 and dinner at 6.30. I'm keeping an eye on what I eat but the no snacks (which I find miles easier eating earlier) and nothing after 7 is cutting out enough calories at the moment for me to lose weight.
Little My

Post by Little My »

Well I lost a measly 2 lbs (over 2 weeks). I was hoping for a bit more of an optimistic start, but it's still the right direction, and to be honest there have been some major cheats in there because we had some celebrations going on.

Keeping on it with the IF. Going for a nice, long walk today because the weather has cooled a bit.

Olive, feeling better getting back into slimmer clothes is the aim really! Well done to you, and the other losers.
Skips

Post by Skips »

I stayed the same this week, but I had dinner at my mums. I logged everything and it put me over what I should have had for the rest of the week. Yes, I could have reduced what I ate on other days, but I want this to be sustainable and to accept that sometimes life will just happen. I also got my period today.

In a non scale victory I had to buy jeans in a smaller size as I kept flashing my rear at people.
ParisGal

Post by ParisGal »

Skips wrote: Mon Jul 13, 2020 3:37 pmjeans in a smaller size
This is the best!!! Nice one! (I hope you hadn't just bought lovely jeans in the bigger size though).
happyhighlandcoo

Post by happyhighlandcoo »

:toot: Jeans in a smaller size is the best thing ever, well done.

I'm impressed with people's efforts. I've fallen off the wagon a bit but trying to get a few more pounds off for August.
Marth

Post by Marth »

I've been reading this bloke, esp about phasic dieting, and I don't know anything about him, but it seemed like a plan https://physiqonomics.com/the-phase-diet/
Malan
Ella77

Post by Ella77 »

Has he addressed how the plan applies to women, Marth? It looks like advice that would apply better to men on the whole but obviously I’m no expert.
Cosmopolitan

Post by Cosmopolitan »

He's absolutely brilliant, he's got a good post on diets and approaches that work well for women. Worth a good scout round his site. I like his irreverent tone.