Weight Loss 2020

viggy

Re: Weight Loss 2020

Post by viggy »

That sounds like a really positive attitude B. I definitely still need to work on the exercise aspect of being healthier, but I definitely feel better when I'm eating smaller portions and a more balanced healthy diet.

1.4lbs down this week - after last week off tracking and this week not really tracking, I'm quite pleased the weight loss is continuing without having to use a lot of mental energy. I totally understand now why people try faddy, extreme diets - long term healthy eating for weight loss is BORING.

I probably need to find some new things to eat, don't I? :lol:
Mayday

Post by Mayday »

It's so dull isn't it, Viggy :lol:.
Estrella

Post by Estrella »

I eat pretty much the same couple of breakfast and lunches constantly. I’m a bit better with dinners though. I made roasted pumpkin last night as a side to sausages and it was really good. Will definitely be making that again.
Estrella

Post by Estrella »

0.5kg off this week for me. That’s been a month on WW now and I’ve lost 3.5kg. It’s starting to feel a bit more like habit eating like this now, rather than a chore.
Skips

Post by Skips »

I stayed the same, which I'm really frustrated with myself over. Still, it wasn't a gain. I've got this week planned out so fingers crossed for a loss next week.
Mayday

Post by Mayday »

Well done Est, and sorry Skips. It's so hard.

I'm in my mid month 2 week hover around the same weight :ella: although up a bit after eating a big meal at the weekend which made me gain 2lb overnight. Not real weight, sodium/water but still frustrating.
maya

Post by maya »

I need to start again. I actually managed to hit my goal over the summer and felt better in my clothes than I had in years but I then put on 3kgs by going completely off the rails so I’m basically back to square one. Why do I always do this and does anyone ever manage to remain stable after losing instead of a perpetual yoyo? It’s my fault I know but it’s so frustrating.
viggy

Post by viggy »

1.4lbs up this week, wiping out my loss from last week. I've been exhausted and off work and eating comfort food though, so I'm not that surprised. It's the first time my fancy schmancy scales have done the "sad broken spring" noise* since I started all this though.

*You can programme it so it does a fanfare when you lose 1lb+, broken spring for gains of 1lb+, but since I usually weigh daily I don't hear either usually.
Mayday

Post by Mayday »

Oh I'd have to switch that off straight away :lol:
Roma

Post by Roma »

I’ve finally lost 2kg/4.4lb since my last weigh in!

It really seems to be the case that it’s hormonal and I only get a good loss once a month now. I used to be able to lose so easily in the past, but now it’s a struggle.

I’ve always yo-yo dieted. It’s something I really want to get a handle on this time round, but I’m not sure how I’ll manage it yet.
Skips

Post by Skips »

I'm finding this week such hard work. I do weight daily as well has my official weigh in at group, but the scales don't seem to be moving despite being on plan. I want to lose weight as I want to fit in all the lovely clothes I have up in my loft as well as needing to get into a healthy BMI due to increased stroke risk but I'm so close to saying fuck it and eating shit.
Mayday

Post by Mayday »

Roma this is me, every month. I think there is a one week period that I actually lose and the rest is just bouncing around the same number. Its frustrating but at least there is a pattern to it, I guess.

I'm sorry Skips. Its so hard.
Estrella

Post by Estrella »

Great loss, Roma!

The way our bodies work is so annoying though. I get them same I think, with different parts of my cycle affecting it. Plus the being over 40 thing makes it slower for me too. I made the mistake of scrolling back in the WW app and looking at my previous losses when I followed the plan and it just seemed to fall off in comparison to now.
Roma

Post by Roma »

Thank you all.

Skips, I’m trying to change my outlook on dieting. I remind myself frequently when I get frustrated or fed up that although I want to lose weight, the main thing is that what I’m doing is supporting my health.

So even if I don’t lose anything I’ve done the best for my health and eventually the weight will follow.
Dutchie

Post by Dutchie »

Estrella wrote: Fri Oct 16, 2020 10:01 pm The way our bodies work is so annoying though. I get them same I think, with different parts of my cycle affecting it. Plus the being over 40 thing makes it slower for me too. I made the mistake of scrolling back in the WW app and looking at my previous losses when I followed the plan and it just seemed to fall off in comparison to now.
It is so annoying!! About 4 years ago, when I was already well over 40, I changed my eating habits drastically and went running a couple of times a week. I lost 18kg! Some of that has crept back on again, frustratingly and now it's so, so much harder to shift it. :sad: The major difference is that I still had a normal menstrual cycle 4 years ago and now I'm in peri-menopause. Hormones are utter bastards. Still, for a few weeks now I have been eating an entirely different breakfast & lunch, mainly using recipes from the Lucy Wyndham-Read cookbooks. Also, every weekday I do a LWR workout and I'm making a conscious effort to cycle and walk as much as possible. I never weigh myself but I've noticed my clothes fit a bit better and my tummy is definitely flatter. Also, I've lost 3 cm off my waist and 4 cm off my hips/bum. Going in the right direction then! Now I just have to manage to stick to it... :ella:
viggy

Post by viggy »

I'm really trying to think of the healthy eating I'm doing now as my new normal - I'll have odd week when I'll eat more chocolate, rich food etc, but this needs to be the default from now on.
Estrella

Post by Estrella »

Down 0.6kg this week (total 4.1kg) I’m not sure I can see a difference but I haven’t done my measurements yet (only did them for the first time a fortnight ago as I didn’t think to do it before I started)
viggy

Post by viggy »

Well done Est! I haven't really thought about measurements - I'm still wearing the same clothes, but it's fair to say they're more flattering/less strained these days.

I'm back at work this week and in a bid to fight my slug-like WFH existence, I've been spending the first couple of hours of each day standing at my laptop and drinking water. I'll be interested to see whether this makes any difference - I'm really struggling to fit any kind of exercise into my day as I'm also trying to fit FT work into the hours BM is at school.
viggy

Post by viggy »

Hey turtles, how's everyone doing?

Back to normal eating and a week of my new standing desk set up, and that's me 1.4lbs down.
ParisGal

Post by ParisGal »

Meh, is how I'm doing :lol: That's a great result for you though!