Weight Loss 2020

H1ppychick

Re: Weight Loss 2020

Post by H1ppychick »

I checked at the weekend after being off it for about a month and I’m static from last time I weighed, which considering I’ve eaten a lot of stuff which I usually react poorly toin the interim (like bread) is actually a good result. Let’s gloss over the fact that I’m still up about 10lb from my lowest in early summer.
cluefree

Post by cluefree »

Hello. You’re all doing very well. It’s bloody hard. I’ve never successfully managed it. :lol:

I need to lose about four stone. It’s not remotely all baby weight, either. I spoke to my GP at Neil’s 8 week check about it and she said it was quite early to think about it so not to diet and I didn’t need to worry about it yet. HOWEVER. If I don’t start doing something about it then I know I’ll just get bigger.

I’m still breastfeeding too, Beatrix, so to start with I’m just going to cut down on all the sugary snacks and do some more walking. It’s extra depressing at the moment because I barely ever drink, I can’t go out much and then PANDEMIC. So my inclination is to make and eat nice stuff instead. I am getting worried about covid and obesity too though so that’s why I know it’s time to get a bit of a handle on it.

Are we definitely sure crisps are still not very healthy? :cry:
Smunder Woman
Consciously Unbellended

Post by Smunder Woman »

I lost about 8lbs pretty quickly and am stuck there. I'm hoping my meds change will help a bit.
Roma

Post by Roma »

I’ve lost some and now stuck again (at the weight I’ve lost). So, I’ll keep plodding on...
Mayday

Post by Mayday »

Mine has stalled to a halt at 37.5lb. There is really nowhere I can go with my calories or exercise and I'm really happy with what I'm eating so I just need to stick with it and trust really (sounds so easy :lol:) so I will just carry on plodding on.
Skips

Post by Skips »

I had a hellish week, stalled again with another week no loss (also no gain) so ate everything in sight for a week. I stayed the same again so I'm clearly destined to be this weight forever. :lol:
viggy

Post by viggy »

cluefree wrote: Mon Oct 26, 2020 2:08 pm It’s extra depressing at the moment because I barely ever drink, I can’t go out much and then PANDEMIC. So my inclination is to make and eat nice stuff instead. I am getting worried about covid and obesity too though so that’s why I know it’s time to get a bit of a handle on it.
COVID is a big driver for me, too. Nice food is pretty much all I have left, so I've been determined to find nice, healthy food that I genuinely enjoy.

I'm delighted we're into proper soup weather, on the days I get hungry and distracted about half 11, I have a mug of soup by itself and that gets me through to lunchtime.
Estrella

Post by Estrella »

Great work, Vigs.

My official weigh in day is tomorrow, but a sneaky step on the scales today tells me I’ve hit 5kg off now.
ParisGal

Post by ParisGal »

Nice one, Est!

This morning I found myself eating some leftover cookies at about 9 am, and was astonished that I felt so hungry so early in the day, clock change notwithstanding. Then I went back into the living room and discovered my untouched bowl of overnight oats :ella: :lol:
Estrella

Post by Estrella »

Earlier this year I had to buy jeans in a bigger size and yesterday I realised that they’re actually too big for me now. I’m wearing my smaller skinny jeans today instead :bel:
viggy

Post by viggy »

Yay, well done Est!

I'm 1.4lbs up this week :lg: After sounding so positive on here on Monday, I've been really tired and grazing constantly on both healthy and unhealthy stuff. Not to sound too dramatic, but it almost feels like something has broken or shifted in my brain.
Smunder Woman
Consciously Unbellended

Post by Smunder Woman »

Well done, Est!

Vigs, I totally get it. My weight seems entirely random (I can be 2 or 3kg different day to day) and I definitely do default to boredom/tiredness eating. Plus, life is bloody miserable now anyway.
Mayday

Post by Mayday »

Well done, Est!

Viggy I get it too. There is so much going on at the moment.
viggy

Post by viggy »

Thanks everyone, I'm sorry other people are struggling too but it helps to know I'm not alone.

Today is the only day this week it hasn't rained - I went for a massive walk with my friend, which helped me realise that the rain, and the threat of more lockdown restrictions, and not sleeping due to work/life stress....is all probably having an effect on me! Shocker, eh?

I've been saying for ages that I need to move more, so I've decided to let go of some of the work guilt (I don't usually take a lunch break) and go for a walk at lunchtime at least once a week. I'm checking the weather forecast and putting it in my work diary and arranging to meet a friend so I'm less likely to just stay in and do more work.
Mayday

Post by Mayday »

Beatrix I never lost a pound while I was feeding, 3 times. I'm still bitter years later :lol:

It's so stressful at the minute, please don't be hard on yourself Viggy! That's a great plan. I started going for a walk after I'd taken the kids to school sometimes and it has really quickly become a habit. It's only 30 mins out of my day and I barely notice it really, but I miss it when I don't do it.

I am an idiot. I had been racking my brains to see why I had plateaued and just clicked I changed my weights routine a couple of weeks ago. That starting new exercise/water weight link for up to 6 weeks yada yada that I like to wheel out every now and again :doh:. Fingers crossed the scales will start to budge soon.
Estrella

Post by Estrella »

I was the opposite with breastfeeding in that it fell off. Which is probably why I’m finding it such a slow process now (along with the over 40 thing). I’m now down 5.8kg (nearly 13lbs) since mid-Sept. I’ve not been exercising even half as much as I should though. Need to make more of an effort there.
Lily
Picker-Lily

Post by Lily »

Forgive me for launching into this thread, but I am so ashamed of myself. I was xkg before lockdown and wanted to lose 2kg. I'm now 9kg heavier than my ideal weight FFS, the heaviest I have been in years. I know what I need to do, I know I've not been disciplined in my eating the way I was, so why can't I stop? I just want to stuff my face all the time. It's making me miserable and I hate my body again, when I was getting all sorted and zen. :bomb:
Last edited by Lily on Thu Nov 05, 2020 3:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"You first have to find out who you are. Then you have to be it like mad."

My blog, if you are bored
Mayday

Post by Mayday »

I'm sorry Lily. Please don't be hard on yourself though, we are all dealing with these awful times in different ways.
viggy

Post by viggy »

You're always so kind to your friends Lily, extend a bit of that kindness to your own body. Mayday is right, we're all dealing with this differently.

You're in the right place if you want a bit of non-judgemental encouragement and a check-in, I've found this thread properly marvellous for that.
Last edited by viggy on Thu Nov 05, 2020 3:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Skips

Post by Skips »

I have totally thrown any weight loss out of the window the past two weeks. Eating has got me through being stuck at home as having nice food is the only thing I have to cling onto. Definitely be kind to yourself lovely Lily, these are unprecedented times and I think getting through them any way you can is the way to do it.