Weight Loss 2020

Flora Poste

Re: Weight Loss 2020

Post by Flora Poste »

Good luck, Dutchie!

I'm fairly similar - the lbs have crept back on here as well - I think it's just moving less and eating (and drinking) more - having Mr P at home is not helping as we're having nicer (and more calorific) lunches, plus drinking more than we would usually. I'm nearly at the heaviest I have ever been (including when pregnant :eek: ). And eating well for a few days just isn't cutting it anymore - I might lose a pound or so, but I'll then end up putting on another 2 lbs over the next 3 weeks - I'm just not moving enough and eating too much.

So the plan is to start counting calories again and moving more - I'm doing barre a couple of times a week to strenghten muscles and I'm going to do a 45 minute walk everyday with a view to starting running again when I'm a bit fitter (the last time I tried to run my hips were so sore that I think I need to build up to it).
Roma

Post by Roma »

Good luck with the cleanse Dutchie! I lost quite a lot of weight in a short amount on Michael Mosley’s fasting diet a few months back. It was a great kickstart and now I’m just calorie reducing and walking, exercising.

I’m losing slowly, but steadily.
Ella77

Post by Ella77 »

Am I misremembering something about somebody else, or are you not one of Forever Living's reps, Dutchie?

Either way, it's massive scam.
Mayday

Post by Mayday »

As Ella, says, sorry Dutchie. MLM scam, all smoke and mirrors.

Still 39lb down. I'm hoping for 42lb by the end of the year which would be 3 stone but it has gone super slow recently.
Dutchie

Post by Dutchie »

Ella77 wrote: Mon Nov 23, 2020 10:09 am Am I misremembering something about somebody else, or are you not one of Forever Living's reps, Dutchie?

Either way, it's massive scam.
No no no, definitely not a rep! I know someone who is but I'm not interested in getting involved in the whole MLM thing. In my view, they're all scams. However, these products and the whole programme I'm doing are good - I've done my research. In fact, I know someone who's a doctor and checked out all the ingredients and the way the programme has been set up and he said it's all well thought out. And if it helps me on my way to finally losing weight again, then I'm happy!
Duophonic

Post by Duophonic »

Well done everyone.

I'm sneaking on here as I've not gained weight but I'm not losing either.

A month ago I bought a set of scales and I've cut my snacking right down (I've been grazing throughout the day) but I'm losing and gaining the same pound. I've signed up for a 3-week fitness/diet/mindfulness plan which a number of folk in my running club have done previously and had good long-lasting results.

I think my issue is that I need step by step what to do and that although I'm tracking on MFP I'm falling into the trap of I have X amount of calories from running to use up so I'll have a larger portion for dinner or a treat in front of the telly. I'm also very much of the mindset of it's the only treat I have so I deserve this.
BRING ON THE TRUMPETS!

Princess Clacky Thing
Mayday

Post by Mayday »

Are you a healthy weight already Duo? If you haven't got much to lose, then it will be slow (sorry). I was losing 5lb a month but it has recently slowed to about 2 as I've got into a healthy weight. Water weight/hormones/salt can all mask losses too, so just stick with it. I've spent a month bouncing around the same kg but overall I can see that I am still losing, just really, really slowly.

MFP is brilliant, but it can sometimes err on the low side - have a look at a TDEE calculator and take off a 500cal deficit per day for a 1lb loss, (or 250cals for 0.5lb etc), just to compare with MFPs number.
Duophonic

Post by Duophonic »

If I lose to the uppermost BMI range then I have two stone, if I go to a stone heavier than I used to be then it's three stone to lose. I'd be more than happy with the two stone off.

I think I need a complete mental reset. If I'm honest I'm obviously kidding myself with portion sizes. I've always had the attitude of 'I exercise a lot so I can eat what I want, when I want and in whatever volume I want'. This was great a decade ago but heading into my late 40's I can't get away with it anymore.

This program uses MFP but they've told me to disregard the calorie calculation as they will create a bespoke one and I've to ignore the 'give back' calories after exercise.
BRING ON THE TRUMPETS!

Princess Clacky Thing
Duophonic

Post by Duophonic »

I've looked at the TDEE calculator (thanks Mayday) and they've calculated my Ideal Weight: 134-138 lbs which is my pre-baby weight and I feel nowadays would be far too thin, my face would just droop like deputy dwag.

I'd be happy with anything in between 140-154

I have my induction on Sunday so I'll let you know how it goes.
BRING ON THE TRUMPETS!

Princess Clacky Thing
Mayday

Post by Mayday »

Don't worry too much about the ideal weight thing on the TDEE, you'd just stop before you got there if you felt it was too low. It's more to see the calorie intake you need but if your programme will work that out then it's all good. Good luck!
maya

Post by maya »

I tried that calculator too...it says I need to eat 1,100 a day to lose weight which seems like so little!
viggy

Post by viggy »

Good luck Duo!
Dutchie

Post by Dutchie »

Duophonic wrote: Tue Nov 24, 2020 4:17 pm I think I need a complete mental reset. If I'm honest I'm obviously kidding myself with portion sizes. I've always had the attitude of 'I exercise a lot so I can eat what I want, when I want and in whatever volume I want'. This was great a decade ago but heading into my late 40's I can't get away with it anymore.
This! I could have written that! About 4 - 5 years ago I was at the heaviest I think I've ever been and I got fed up with myself, so I went for a complete overhaul. I changed my eating habits, developed healthy snacking habits, ran almost daily and the weight just flew off. In the space of 9 months or so, I lost a whopping 18kg and I felt great. :)) I was determined to keep the weight off and spent a couple of years gaining and losing the same 2 kg, so that was fine. However, this year the weight has been steadily creeping back on and my half-hearted attempts to shift it are doing absolutely nothing. :cry: I need to do something more drastic, obviously, as my perimenopausal body is simply refusing to be cooperative. That's why I'm doing this cleanse - get rid of my snacking habits and sweet tooth and lose the first few kg. Then hopefully I will be motivated to carry on.
Dutchie

Post by Dutchie »

Just tried the TDEE calculator and my BMI is at 27, so it tells me I'm overweight. :cry: It also told me a lot of other things...BMR, RMR, LBM...had to google them all. While I was installing that, I saw an app called Fitatu, which I've just installed. It's very clear and seems quite user-friendly, although I'm used to MFP, so wil probably go back to using that.
Estrella

Post by Estrella »

I looked at that TDEE calculator too, and while it tells me I’m a healthy BMI, I still have a bit to go to get to my best range of 57-60kg (which is right at the bottom of the scale) and my maintenance calories are 1590.

Put on 400g this week despite sticking to plan. It’s SLMT though so I’m hoping next week I get a loss.
viggy

Post by viggy »

I had a boozy weekend followed by a weird week food wise - I've been getting hungry about 11pm which is really annoying, no good food based decisions happen at 11pm.

Anyway, I've ended up maintaining - I'd hoped to lose even a wee bit, but it's not bad in the circumstances.

I really feel like I've lost the easy stone, and its the difficult stone to go now, though. My council are doing free online weight loss classes so I've signed up to see if that gives me the wee bit more inspiration I néed.
Roma

Post by Roma »

Well done to all the losers and maintainers!

I’ve lost a little bit more this week. According to the scales I have another 5.8kg/12.8lbs to lose until I’m back to a normal BMI weight.

At the beginning of this year even being this weight again felt nearly impossible to achieve.

It really shows that even small losses can make a change. Other than a Michael Mosley fasting for 10 days when my weight had stalled and I felt needed to kickstart, I lost only 1kg/2.2lbs some months, but it all adds up (or down!) over a period of time.
maya

Post by maya »

I’m steadily gaining and although I haven’t been particularly strict I’m confused by the rate at which it’s happening and wondering if there’s something else going on. It’s really getting me down now as feels out of control. Has anyone else taken Citalopram and found they gained weight? I started a few months ago...
Cosmopolitan

Post by Cosmopolitan »

I think antidepressants are absolutely shocking for weight gain. I am in the same situation, gaining steadily without much of a change of eating habits. Making me more depressed. Gah.
Skips

Post by Skips »

The tablets I got changed to (from Citalopram) increase appetite, so that's fun.