February Fitness

Texaco Shirley

Re: February Fitness

Post by Texaco Shirley »

Duophonic wrote: Sun Feb 09, 2020 6:02 pm That's the thing about parkrun, you have to be near the front for them to record a pb or you have to pb by minutes in some cases. The few times I go to parkrun I'm always at the back.
Normally I will happily accept that it’s a parkrun PB rather than a 5km PB, it’s just a bit irritating when getting through the start puts you the wrong side of a milestone. My official time was 30:03.
Duophonic

Post by Duophonic »

I always go by my watch as most times I'm nearly 30 secs before I cross the start line.
BRING ON THE TRUMPETS!

Princess Clacky Thing
Texaco Shirley

Post by Texaco Shirley »

Agreed, that’s the important time.
smalex

Post by smalex »

Do you take the kids to the normal adult parkrun then Tex?

Annoying on the PB. I'd definitely take it on your watch time rather than theirs if it takes that long to get through the start.
Texaco Shirley

Post by Texaco Shirley »

Yes. Under 11s just have to stay within arm’s length of an adult. Frome doesn’t have a junior one.

I will take my watch time as my current PB, I would just like to have an official sub 30 on the results page :))
smalex

Post by smalex »

Ah! I didn't know that, thanks. Worth remembering (although we do have a local Jnr event)
Texaco Shirley

Post by Texaco Shirley »

Also be very careful of financially incentivising children to run.
Pippedydeadeye
Directory Pipquiries

Post by Pippedydeadeye »

Squeak & Chunk always run the full one when we do it. There used to be a local thing called Kids Run Free but I assume it’s dead in the water now.
bramblerose

Post by bramblerose »

Swimming this morning.
Do not walk behind me, for I may not lead. Do not walk ahead of me, for I may not follow. Do not walk beside me either, just fuck off and leave me alone.
Edith Bacon

Post by Edith Bacon »

I walked and miraculously avoided all precipitation. Bit blowy, mind.
Scooter

Post by Scooter »

I’m still plodding on with Adrienne’s yoga. Today was day 6 (we missed a couple :look: ) abs and it killed me! I’ve also cranked into gear with my bikini body guide, but only managed half of Monday’s work out and a 15 min run today due to a combination of time constraints and utter lack of fitness! It’s better to do a little than nothing though

I’m embarrassed to post after everyone’s mega endeavours!
Texaco Shirley

Post by Texaco Shirley »

I was planning to run during A’s football training. I’ve just looked at the weather forecast. “Feels like” temperature -2deg :cold:
smalex

Post by smalex »

You can do it, Tex. You'll be warm within a mile. Get out there, no slacking.

Just don't fall onto your actual face like I did last year in sub-zero temperatures :lol:
Edith Bacon

Post by Edith Bacon »

I didn’t get to do my normal walk today so I parked far, far away from my appointment this afternoon and got my 20 minutes in that way :efficient:
smalex

Post by smalex »

I shouldn't be such a bossy boots, I need to go running in 15 mins and a massive sleety black cloud has just come over :ruby:
Texaco Shirley

Post by Texaco Shirley »

smalex wrote: Tue Feb 11, 2020 4:13 pm I shouldn't be such a bossy boots, I need to go running in 15 mins and a massive sleety black cloud has just come over :ruby:
:lol:

Now it’s claiming 0deg rather than -2 but light rain rather than showers. Although if it’s like this afternoon it’ll be horrible pellet snow.
Luce

Post by Luce »

My poor gym has been completely flooded but is hopefully opening back up tomorrow! I'm itching to get back to it. It's happening at least once a year now :ella: #climatechange.

Good luck, Smal! Don't get blown away!
Texaco Shirley

Post by Texaco Shirley »

Well that was grim. Went off too fast trying to keep warm, the (bitingly cold) wind was apparently in my face whichever direction I was going and there was a brief flurry of pellet snow. Still, knocked 25 sec off my PB almost certainly just because I wanted it over with :lol:
Edith Bacon

Post by Edith Bacon »

Motivation is motivation :))

Well done on the PB, Tex.
smalex

Post by smalex »

Well done Tex! It was horrid running today. I did my 45min stint. I likened it to when you need to run in a dream but it's like you're running through treacle. Except it's real and the treacle is constant icey head wind.

Just think. In a few weeks there'll be a lovely spring day and we'll go out and it'll feel all the sweeter because of the crap runs when you get sleeted on.