February Fitness

Texaco Shirley

Re: February Fitness

Post by Texaco Shirley »

Also, running in daylight!!
smalex

Post by smalex »

:love: A lovely warm evening. It's just around the corner (ish)
sally maclennane

Post by sally maclennane »

You guys are nails running in this weather!

I went to yoga tonight, it was ok but the room was a bit cold, and there was too much downward dog stuff, I really dislike that pose :verm:
Christ on a bendy bus son, don't be such a fucking faff arse
Pippedydeadeye
Directory Pipquiries

Post by Pippedydeadeye »

Chipping away at HIIT. I’ve done two tonight, five still to go. I’m aiming to finish on Sunday now.
Duophonic

Post by Duophonic »

If you can run in this weather you can run in anything. Running on Sunday was horrendous and I was running somewhere relatively sheltered just doing soul destroying laps of the same 1.2 or so miles.
BRING ON THE TRUMPETS!

Princess Clacky Thing
smalex

Post by smalex »

Definitely. Its crap like this that make the good ones good.
Pippedydeadeye
Directory Pipquiries

Post by Pippedydeadeye »

sally maclennane wrote: Tue Feb 11, 2020 9:35 pm

I went to yoga tonight, it was ok but the room was a bit cold, and there was too much downward dog stuff, I really dislike that pose :verm:
This is how I currently feel about yoga too. I’m on the verge of giving up my class every month but then I remember how much I like the teacher.
Topcat

Post by Topcat »

We'll be moaning about the heat affecting us come spring 😂.

I dragged the child around 5k with the beginners at the club tonight. One the initial whingeing and fake injuries had worn off she did really bloody well and is rightfully chuffed with herself. It as hard going out there tonight too.
Texaco Shirley

Post by Texaco Shirley »

Topcat wrote: Tue Feb 11, 2020 11:01 pm We'll be moaning about the heat affecting us come spring 😂.

I dragged the child around 5k with the beginners at the club tonight. One the initial whingeing and fake injuries had worn off she did really bloody well and is rightfully chuffed with herself. It as hard going out there tonight too.
This is so familiar. A starts whingeing about Parkrun usually at bedtime on Friday, sometimes as early as teatime. Then he moans for a solid 4.5km before blasting out a sprint finish and leaving me for dead. After that there’s usually a short spell of pretend modesty when random runners/marshalls (some of whom we know) congratulate him followed by smugness for the rest of the day.
mojojojo

Post by mojojojo »

:lol: TC and Tex - S is the same and she’s in her 20s :lol:

Running club tonight - All my Tuesday runs are “easy” pace for the foreseeable so I lead the 11+mm group. It was freezing but a nice comfy run.
Wiggle

Post by Wiggle »

A good session with my PT last night, focusing on upper body (push press and pull ups). Felt good to be doing some excercise, still need take it easy for a few more weeks but then I should be able to increase the intensity of my work outs.
Edith Bacon

Post by Edith Bacon »

Just got back from today’s walk and yet again, the heavens open mere moments after I get home #blessed :))
Pippedydeadeye
Directory Pipquiries

Post by Pippedydeadeye »

You’re doing well with the weather, Edith!

Another HIIT tonight. Just 4 more to catch up now, then the fitness tests.
bramblerose

Post by bramblerose »

You are doing well with both the weather and the walking. I feel like I have been lucky with the weather when I've done outside stuff - I think there's was only one day in January when I got wet going to work. It will be wet tomorrow though.

No cycling to work this morning as I had a dentist appointment early on so I went and did 25 minutes on a spin bike before work. 8.5km with D tonight. 2 x 25 minute runs with 1 min recovery and a 5 min warm up and cool down. We both felt really good tonight, definitely our best run so far.
Do not walk behind me, for I may not lead. Do not walk ahead of me, for I may not follow. Do not walk beside me either, just fuck off and leave me alone.
Texaco Shirley

Post by Texaco Shirley »

L has suddenly got really ambitious with the running. My friend who’s an experienced runner is doing parkrun with us on Saturday and he’s asked her to pace him at 25 mins :lol: I think he might have a bit of a shock. If he doesn’t the rest of us will.
Topcat

Post by Topcat »

He sounds like he has the bug, this is good!

I did a very comfy five miles tonight (Strava can well and truly fuck off). It was nice and it was needed despite the weather, but I am finding myself wanting to go faster now.
Zoomer

Post by Zoomer »

I have 90% decided to pull out of the Paris Marathon and sign up to the Toulouse Marathon in October instead.

I just don't feel ready, my knee/IT band is still very sore, and I worked out yesterday it would cost over 600€ for me, J, and A to go up there for the weekend. I don't want to spend a shitload of money and run a crap race, not finish, or otherwise bugger myself up somehow.

The Toulouse marathon is 10 days before my birthday, so I'd still fulfill my objective of running my first marathon at 45.

Anyway, I did 10k yesterday, and 5k today. Bleh.
smalex

Post by smalex »

Oh Zooms! I can understand that, totally. It's crossed my mind that I'll be doubly gutted if I don't make it because we've committed to flights and accommodation now so we'd probably have to go anyway! If you've the chance to pull out without losing that it makes sense. Is there any way of just leaving it another 3 or 4 weeks though? Sometimes you're more prepared than you think.
Zoomer

Post by Zoomer »

I'll leave it another two weeks before I do anything, I think, just to sit with the idea for a while. I'm currently feeling more relieved than annoyed with myself, though, which is probably a sign of the right decision. I just haven't being putting in the miles, for a mixture of reasons, and it's in 7 weeks time, which only really gives me 5 weeks, which I don't think is enough.
Luckily, I took out insurance in case of this very eventuality (and I'm sure my GP will write me a note to say I'm not fit to compete).
smalex

Post by smalex »

If you've got a back up plan, you're just delaying, not forgetting altogether. But definitely keep training and giving it thought.