February Fitness

Luce

Re: February Fitness

Post by Luce »

Edith, I always thinks the key is to cut yourself some slack when you've missed stuff. That point is the easiest time to quit so it's amazing if you just keep going anyway.

No, nowhere else to train but I feel so bad for the staff there. It will be another weekend of hard work and they have no insurance (gym built on a flood plane) so 3 weekends in a row is absolutely brutal for them.
bramblerose

Post by bramblerose »

I'm just back from an 11.2km run/walk. D bailed at 5km (ish) due to her knee and general mardyness :lol:. So I carried on down the canal and back to hers. It was SO windy...I had to take my cap off at one point!

You are doing great Edith and accountability is a good thing :)
Do not walk behind me, for I may not lead. Do not walk ahead of me, for I may not follow. Do not walk beside me either, just fuck off and leave me alone.
smalex

Post by smalex »

That's very good Edith. I'm also like that, need to be iron willed otherwise it all goes to shit. Do you feel better for all the walking?

I was mid way through my run today and got pain in my foot. I tried to walk it off but had to give up on the run in the end and get rescued by S. Bit worried about it, I rarely have to give up. Its across the top of my foot and came out of nowhere. I really hope it's ok. I'll have to see about tomorrow. I've got two extra weeks to play with so I guess I might need to repeat this weej
H1ppychick

Post by H1ppychick »

I’ve just done Pilates with the strict but excellent Spanish lady, then Zumba which was a bit shit - the scheduled instructor wasn’t there for some reason (maybe this was explained before I got there but I was running in from the other class trying to get my shoes on). Anyway the one which was there was really difficult to follow, her movements weren’t clear, she was frequently ahead of, or behind, the beat, and she kept on getting bits of routines wrong. Also I don’t think she knew how to work the aircon and we were all soaked by the time we’d finished. It was most unsatisfying.
smalex

Post by smalex »

Definitely no run today. Foot really hurts, quite frustrated and worried about it.
geek_kitten

Post by geek_kitten »

Possibly something like extensor tendonitis, smal? Ibuprofen gel, ice and rest will help if so. Also could your shoe laces be a bit tight?if so,loosening them could help a bit as well.

Nothing from me all week. Chopped finger is sore 😭😭 hopefully will get back to the gym tomorrow though.
bramblerose

Post by bramblerose »

That sucks, smal...hope it feels better soon.

A ride out to Old Trafford today as ride leaders. It's a great route but I'll never go again on match day or in the winter!

61km in total with a brutal headwind coming back.
Do not walk behind me, for I may not lead. Do not walk ahead of me, for I may not follow. Do not walk beside me either, just fuck off and leave me alone.
smalex

Post by smalex »

I think that's exactly what it is Geek. Hope you can get back to the gym tomorrow!
olive
Really Creepy

Post by olive »

I hope your foot is ok, Smalex. My feet have given me no end of trouble and it’s so bloody frustrating. I hope a bit of rest does the trick.

I hope your finger recovers quickly, Geek! That has made me come over all funny.

The weather in the UK sounds hideous so kudos to anyone getting out and about. I’m still running - only short slow ones though to avoid setting my Achilles and my shoulder off.
mojojojo

Post by mojojojo »

Oh no, Smal! I hope a few days off it will help - good that you’ve built some redundancy into your plan.

I saw a few cyclists out today, Brambs - crazy folk :lol:

That sounds frustrating, Geek. I hope you’re able to get back to it soon.

Went out for 15 miles slow today, missed my turnaround point and did 17. It was slow and painful and I had to go to the loo in a golf club :lol: However, I feel much more positive that I’ll get round the 20 miles next week - however ugly it is! (Today’s run was a recce of the course too, so really helpful psychologically to have found a loo stop)
mojojojo

Post by mojojojo »

And, sorry, I know I’m a total running bore at the moment, but it’s taking up half my life!
smalex

Post by smalex »

I'm with you Moje! This is the thread to be a bore.
17 is amazing. 20 will feel fine with the benefit of some race adrenalin I reckon. I'm so jealous :mad: :mrgreen:
Pippedydeadeye
Directory Pipquiries

Post by Pippedydeadeye »

I read it all avidly, while knowing I could never do what you guys are doing.
Jet

Post by Jet »

Sorry about your foot smal. I used to have real issues with lace tightness with my old shoes but my running shop laced the laces on my new shoes differently which pulls in the heel rather than across the top of the foot and it works a lot better for me.

I ran 2 miles this morning - not far but I have barely run for two months now. I’m planning a 5k on March 14th. The person who convinced me to do it has since sprained and bruised his Achilles (better than initial diagnosis of ruptured!) and is on crutches. I’d already arranged a babysitter so I’m going to do it anyway with Mr J.
Half-ten?! Half-ten?! I've never been up at half-ten! What happens?
sally maclennane

Post by sally maclennane »

I haven't done much this last week, partly because I was away for a few days at the start of the week, but mainly because of my cold. I did go for a walk this evening, and it makes such a difference being able to go out in the daylight. It's still light (just!) at the moment.
Christ on a bendy bus son, don't be such a fucking faff arse
smalex

Post by smalex »

Its amazing isn't it! I'm so pleased with the lighter evenings
mojojojo

Post by mojojojo »

Pippedydeadeye wrote: Sun Feb 23, 2020 5:48 pm I read it all avidly, while knowing I could never do what you guys are doing.
Whilst I could never do a burpee :lol:
sally maclennane

Post by sally maclennane »

smalex wrote: Sun Feb 23, 2020 7:08 pm Its amazing isn't it! I'm so pleased with the lighter evenings
Every year I am thrilled again by it, like some kind of alien visiting earth for the first time :lol:
Christ on a bendy bus son, don't be such a fucking faff arse
mojojojo

Post by mojojojo »

I’ve been out and done 6 miles today. I’ve got the week off, so it was nice to get out during the day and save the evening (usually running club til 9) for pancakes :mrgreen:

I didn’t go to Pilates last night as my legs and feet were very sore.
H1ppychick

Post by H1ppychick »

I’m just waiting for my tap dancing class, back after two weeks (one week they were using the hall for a play and last week for half term) 😀