February Fitness

Texaco Shirley

Re: February Fitness

Post by Texaco Shirley »

I have run in daylight which was nice and means I keep going as I don’t want anyone to see me giving up :lol: That was the only good bit though. It was cold and there was a headwind which meant even the downhill section was hard and I felt like I was hardly moving. My time was actually pretty good though so I must have been going faster than it felt.
smalex

Post by smalex »

It probably felt hard because you were going quickly!

Can't run so I've done some weights circuits at home instead yesterday and today. If anything my foot is fucking worse. Gutted.
Edith Bacon

Post by Edith Bacon »

Have you got to the bottom of what’s actually happened to your foot, Smal? I hope it is better really soon.

Good run, Tex!

I missed yesterday’s walk altogether due to ridiculous weather but I’ve done today’s and (again :( ) will catch up the missing one asap. I can’t wait for better weather.
smalex

Post by smalex »

The weather is bloody relentless, I thought today looked better until the sleet showers.

I don't know but I think it's probably Extensor Tendonitis. I'm trying not to panic but the internet says 2-4 weeks recovery. I was enjoying it so much.
Texaco Shirley

Post by Texaco Shirley »

smalex wrote: Tue Feb 25, 2020 7:50 pm It probably felt hard because you were going quickly!

Can't run so I've done some weights circuits at home instead yesterday and today. If anything my foot is fucking worse. Gutted.
Well yes but it also felt as though I wasn’t really moving.

How annoying about your foot. Have you seen anyone about it or is there no point if you’ve self diagnosed?
smalex

Post by smalex »

I think resting is the best repair, from what I've read. If it hasn't improved next week I'll try and see someone though, definitely.
Topcat

Post by Topcat »

Just catching up on everyone's good work.

But Smal! Oh no! You've trained hard for this though so a blip will still see you get around I reckon. It'll just make it taste all that much sweeter when you finish. :)

I've not gone out tonight, I've too much going on and it isn't child friendly running weather out there.

Tomorrow starts a busy time for me though. Time to up those trail distances and hit that half marathon mark.
bramblerose

Post by bramblerose »

I swam yesterday and should be commuting to work tomorrow but the forecast is still for strong winds (hopefully I'll be able to cycle in on Thursday and Friday) so I'll either swim or do 30 minutes on the bag in the morning.
Do not walk behind me, for I may not lead. Do not walk ahead of me, for I may not follow. Do not walk beside me either, just fuck off and leave me alone.
Texaco Shirley

Post by Texaco Shirley »

It isn’t anyone friendly running weather out there although at least it’s stopped sleeting.
Pippedydeadeye
Directory Pipquiries

Post by Pippedydeadeye »

C just ran in the snow to football & back. I’d had a glass of wine so couldn’t pick him up.
Luce

Post by Luce »

Ah Smal, I'm gutted for you!

My gym has finally reopened! Spin tomorrow! :frolic:
sally maclennane

Post by sally maclennane »

I went to yoga tonight, the class was pretty busy, there wasn't much space between people :verm:
Christ on a bendy bus son, don't be such a fucking faff arse
Edith Bacon

Post by Edith Bacon »

I hope all those pesky new year resolvers drop out soon, Sal.
Edith Bacon

Post by Edith Bacon »

Just got back from my walk in the SUNSHINE :frolic: It was glorious :frolic:
bramblerose

Post by bramblerose »

30 minutes on the bag with some strength this morning.
Do not walk behind me, for I may not lead. Do not walk ahead of me, for I may not follow. Do not walk beside me either, just fuck off and leave me alone.
Edith Bacon

Post by Edith Bacon »

Edith Bacon wrote: Wed Feb 26, 2020 2:15 pm Just got back from my walk in the SUNSHINE :frolic: It was glorious :frolic:
Aaaand now it’s grey and snowing again. Ridiculous weather.

Is ‘the bag’ a punchbag, Brambs?
bramblerose

Post by bramblerose »

It is indeed. Its great for taking out frustrations either before or after work ;)
Edith Bacon

Post by Edith Bacon »

I bet it is! I was eyeing them up at Costco last week but I couldn’t work out what I would do with it apart from just punch it and 30 minutes of that must be knackering! Do you literally just batter it for half an hour or is there some sort of LRLjab type programme you can do? :utterdimbo:
geek_kitten

Post by geek_kitten »

You can get a fantastic workout just with punching (typically 3-5 minute rounds, or break it up with skipping, burpees or whatever). You can get loads of routines online and even follow-along ones on YouTube.

Buuut I will say that you should get some coaching in proper technique first. Punching is quite a complex process (I've had about 18 months of Muay Thai coaching and only now have started to feel I understand what a jab should look like!), and you can easily hurt yourself if you don't do it properly.
smalex

Post by smalex »

I'm too terrified of boxing stuff because the couple of times I did it (coached) I had the most intensely severe DOMS ever.

I did another footless weights circuit at home. I need S to give me another version so theres so variation