February Fitness

bramblerose

Re: February Fitness

Post by bramblerose »

Edith Bacon wrote: Wed Feb 26, 2020 5:58 pm I bet it is! I was eyeing them up at Costco last week but I couldn’t work out what I would do with it apart from just punch it and 30 minutes of that must be knackering! Do you literally just batter it for half an hour or is there some sort of LRLjab type programme you can do? :utterdimbo:
I have done boxing/boxercise before with a qualified boxing coach so know how to stand, how to punch, what a jab is etc so I am happy to set my own exercises which is basically 45 seconds on with 15 seconds rest. I think I have posted these images before but I do this once in a morning with some other stuff and if I get to the gym at night, I do it twice with other stuff.

I really still love it and if my coach ever decided he was going to set up a class again, I'd be there like a shot.
Do not walk behind me, for I may not lead. Do not walk ahead of me, for I may not follow. Do not walk beside me either, just fuck off and leave me alone.
bramblerose

Post by bramblerose »

Last commute of the month today (21 ish km) It was a bit windy on the way home.
Do not walk behind me, for I may not lead. Do not walk ahead of me, for I may not follow. Do not walk beside me either, just fuck off and leave me alone.
H1ppychick

Post by H1ppychick »

I went to a Core Stability class this morning and did better than usual at the rotating planks, but on the down side I seem to have developed a clicky hip on my right so I couldn’t do some of the leg raises. Middle age is a bit of a bitch sometimes.
Texaco Shirley

Post by Texaco Shirley »

5km tonight slightly slower to try to pace my friend. It was far more pleasant than Tuesday, still chilly but the wind had dropped.

I was looking at my Garmin stats and realised it had auto recognised cycling this afternoon. I was actually pushing a trolley round Sainsburys :lol:
Topcat

Post by Topcat »

Hello.

I did a good five miles last night and tonight was a mile of hill reps. The reps are starting to work already, I should really look to double them in the next month, I think as I really don't go very far at all with them just yet.

Rest for me tomorrow, unless I go and do some more reps.
mojojojo

Post by mojojojo »

That must have been some speedy shopping, Tex :lol:

4 mile easy-ish run today. Felt ok. Just one slow Parkrun between me and the 20 miles now 😬
smalex

Post by smalex »

:lol: get you, bradley Wiggins

I did CS years ago through my rowing club hippy, I found it really enjoyable.

Home weights circuit again. Bored now.
bramblerose

Post by bramblerose »

Zoom, zoom Tex!

A really nice 10km with D tonight. We did 2 x 30 minutes with a bit of extra running at the end to make up the distance. It was a good route, we ran well (slowish but well) and although it was very cold, the wind had dropped.
Pippedydeadeye
Directory Pipquiries

Post by Pippedydeadeye »

Back to Pilates for me tonight. I think I’m going to hurt tomorrow.
geek_kitten

Post by geek_kitten »

Muay Thai last night, boxing today. Two weeks off and I'm fat and slow and clumsy 🙄 my hand survived ok though, which is good, although boxing is still painful (expect it will be for a while!).
bramblerose

Post by bramblerose »

Leap day parkrun today. Our normal one was cancelled due to lack of a defibrillator so we went to the other local one and the route was reversed which was confusing. Anyway it stopped raining, the wind dropped and the sun came out but it was cold.

Pleased with how February has gone despite the horrible weather. Would have liked more miles in on the bike but not in gale force winds!
mojojojo

Post by mojojojo »

Leap day park run here too. Very slow as I was just ticking over before tomorrow and S is coming back from 2 weeks out with an ankle problem.

It was really windy & rainy. I’m just about warming up now! The bit of our park run along the prim was the worst (twice) - the rain felt like needles!

I’ve done over 100 miles again this month, so I’m really pleased.
Texaco Shirley

Post by Texaco Shirley »

Horrible park run this morning. It stopped raining but it was freezing and there was a fair amount of standing water.
Pippedydeadeye
Directory Pipquiries

Post by Pippedydeadeye »

Dance Step was so much fun on Friday, I was finally in the zone! I tried to recruit a girl I was chatting to in Body Balance. It’s not on next week sadly, but I’ve got plans to march up a hill with the HIIT mums anyway.
smalex

Post by smalex »

mojojojo wrote: Sat Feb 29, 2020 12:16 pm Leap day park run here too. Very slow as I was just ticking over before tomorrow and S is coming back from 2 weeks out with an ankle problem.

It was really windy & rainy. I’m just about warming up now! The bit of our park run along the prim was the worst (twice) - the rain felt like needles!

I’ve done over 100 miles again this month, so I’m really pleased.
You're doing so well. I'm so jealous :cry:

the weather this morning was horrid for runners, well done Moje and Tex for getting out there.

S invented me a new home weights foot free circuit to do so I've done that. At least it's something I guess.
bramblerose

Post by bramblerose »

Pippedydeadeye wrote: Sat Feb 29, 2020 2:41 pm Dance Step was so much fun on Friday, I was finally in the zone! I tried to recruit a girl I was chatting to in Body Balance. It’s not on next week sadly, but I’ve got plans to march up a hill with the HIIT mums anyway.
I am in awe of your persistence at Dance Step - I have zero co-ordination and would have given up months ago.

Hope your foot settles soon smal. It's frustrating when you want to do something and can't.
Jet

Post by Jet »

My garmin sometimes says I’m cycling when I’m just walking.

2.4 miles today and finally did sign up for a 5k in a couple of weeks even though I’m now doing it in my own.
Half-ten?! Half-ten?! I've never been up at half-ten! What happens?