February Fitness

Texaco Shirley

February Fitness

Post by Texaco Shirley »

New month, new thread :))

Parkrun here. I found it hard going but both boys got a PB. L knocked a whopping 8 minutes off his. I knew he could do it.
nineseven

Re: February Fitness

Post by nineseven »

Oops, I just posted on the January thread! Should I import it?
geek_kitten

Post by geek_kitten »

Weights session 3 and pilates. Nordic curls are officially my most loathed exercise.

Feel quite perky now though which is a good sign, and my dodgy hip is improving all the time 😁
mojojojo

Post by mojojojo »

nineseven wrote: Sat Feb 01, 2020 12:34 pm Oops, I just posted on the January thread! Should I import it?
I did too. I wouldn’t worry about it :))
Pippedydeadeye
Directory Pipquiries

Post by Pippedydeadeye »

You still did it, regardless of which thread you boasted on. :)

I’m having a genuine rest day today. The HIIT stuff can just wait until I feel better.
nineseven

Post by nineseven »

That sounds sensible, Pip.
ParisGal

Post by ParisGal »

I have just done an n-th repetition of week 1 C25K. I had to do a different route as they were logging out on the normal way I go, so had a steep hill at the start and couldn't jog for the first two run sections. So it wasn't even really a W1 session, more of a W0 :lol: Still, I did it and felt fine, and did several minutes extra brisk walking at the end. And also had a tiny nosebleed :ella: (I am prone to them, nothing to worry about).

I read something the other day about cardio which I had moronically never realised; you're not strengthening your heart, you're strengthening all the rest of the apparatus that gets the oxygen around your body.

My goal this year is to significantly improve my cardio health/fitness, and my abdominal/core muscles. Plus lose some weight and get some upper arm definition. Simple!
ParisGal

Post by ParisGal »

Texaco Shirley wrote: Sat Feb 01, 2020 12:33 pm New month, new thread :))

Parkrun here. I found it hard going but both boys got a PB. L knocked a whopping 8 minutes off his. I knew he could do it.
8 minutes off his 5k time?!!! Wow!
Edith Bacon

Post by Edith Bacon »

That’s amazing, Tex! Well done, L!

I walked. My brother, his girlfriend and J came with me, which was lovely :love:

Enjoy your rest, Pip. It sounds very sensible.
Scooter

Post by Scooter »

Hello turtles! I’m in this month after a hiatus of around 25 years. I did basically an eating tour of my friends and family in the UK last month and need to get on with getting fitter and healthier. (Side note: how good are your curries and kebab meat and chips? :cry: )

SB has also mentioned wanting to do some yoga for flexibility, so I’ve bought us new yoga mats and we’re going to start yoga with Adriene on YouTube this morning.
smalex

Post by smalex »

8mins! That's the stuff dreams are made of!

Hello Scooter! You're very welcome.

45mins (5miles) today doing intervals. MF ham string was aching again :verm:
kiwi

Post by kiwi »

I had my first PT session for months yesterday, a full body workout. Literally cannot move today. But my knee doesn't hurt (patella tendinitis which has fucked up my favourite exercise of walking for 6 months or more now) so I'm hopeful that I'm over that and I can get back to some level of fitness.
Luce

Post by Luce »

Evening. Second rest day for me today. Another one tomorrow then back to spin on Monday, for me. It's been good for me, I think.
Edith Bacon

Post by Edith Bacon »

I hope your knee behaves itself, kiwi.

I’ve just done my walk. It’s getting to be as much a part of my routine as brushing my teeth; there’s no decision to be made - it just gets done and I always feel better for it.
Topcat

Post by Topcat »

Hello Scooter! And 8 minutes! Bloody hell!

Did the run from Westfield via Radstock and into Bath this morning. Its 11 miles and there are some absolutely dreadful hills to get up.

But it's done, I'm fully half marathon ready months in advance this year and for today at least, I'm feeling very smug about it all.
smalex

Post by smalex »

Well done TC! You seem to be making a lot of progress so far this year.

Edith, I think that's a great way of seeing it. Exercise has got to just be part of the routine until its do embedded it seems odd not to.

90 mins (nearly 9 miles) this morning. Ham string again...it was manageable but felt slow. But, hey. 2 weeks into training plan, we're up to 9 miles already, I've got recognise this has been a step up. And Must. Stretch. More!
Zoomer

Post by Zoomer »

Good going, smal and TC! You both deserve to feel smug.

And Edith, that's brilliant that it's coming so naturally now.

I did a very slow 20.6km this morning, wearing my new hydration backpack and feeling like a complete knob. It's a good thing I had it, though, as the temperature went up to 22° on my way back and I was wearing my winter leggings. My delightful daughter visibly recoiled from me when I got home, "Mammy! You're all stinky!" :lol:

I am going to walk her up a hill now as punishment, and to stretch out my muscles.
mojojojo

Post by mojojojo »

That’s great to hear, TC. Well done.

Well done Smal and Zoomer! I hope your hamstring is ok Smal - careful not to over-stretch them though.

I love that you’re still feeling good about the walks, Edith. Well done 👍🏻

13 miles slow for me today. It was slow and my legs were sore by the end, but....... NO STOMACH STOPS! :perky:

I’m not going to get carried away after one long run, obvs, but I will try the same combo of nutritiony stuff next week :fc:
Texaco Shirley

Post by Texaco Shirley »

Topcat wrote: Sun Feb 02, 2020 12:56 pm Hello Scooter! And 8 minutes! Bloody hell!

Did the run from Westfield via Radstock and into Bath this morning. Its 11 miles and there are some absolutely dreadful hills to get up.

But it's done, I'm fully half marathon ready months in advance this year and for today at least, I'm feeling very smug about it all.
You’d be well prepared for the Frome half. It has a bugger of a hill bang on 11 miles.
Topcat

Post by Topcat »

Cheers everyone, it was slow and really wasn't pretty but I got there. The next big one is a trail half. I think, it'll be over the Mendips and part of the course I'll be doing for the ultra. I expect nothing but absolute hell from it to be honest.

The Frome half is often talked about amongst club members, Tex and it is generally agreed that it's a hideous route. :lol: I may look at it though, because I'm not doing the Bath Half again after this year, the organisers are traffic wardenlike tosspots.