February Fitness

mojojojo

Re: February Fitness

Post by mojojojo »

I really hope so :fc: I hope that it was partly so hard as I was running into a headwind for what felt like most of it!

I started my training quite a long way out, so I just feel like I should feel a bit more ready for the 20 than I do. I’m actually less worried (at the moment) about the marathon as that’s still 12 weeks away.
bramblerose

Post by bramblerose »

6 miles today. It's the longest we've run this year and it was ok!

Just a few drops of rain and hardly any wind.

Wel done mojo, 16 miles is fab!
Do not walk behind me, for I may not lead. Do not walk ahead of me, for I may not follow. Do not walk beside me either, just fuck off and leave me alone.
Pippedydeadeye
Directory Pipquiries

Post by Pippedydeadeye »

I’m really impressed by anyone running in these conditions. It’s hammering it down here. I’m in my conservatory-gym watching the rain pelt down.

The last HIIT is complete! It wasn’t that bad actually. I’ll do the fitness tests tomorrow and the final weigh in/measurements though I’m fairly certain I’ve put on weight & gained mm. I may not report those. The diet starts again in earnest on 25th Feb.
smalex

Post by smalex »

Well done Pip!

16m with 12w to go is amazing moje. Yiure really ahead of the curve I think.

I'm back. 75min, 7.5m. It wasn't too windy but did rain heavily. It wasn't too bad though really. Once you're wet you're wet, it doesn't really matter anymore.
Pippedydeadeye
Directory Pipquiries

Post by Pippedydeadeye »

I really feel a bit flat about this. I always weigh in at my heaviest on a Monday, I need to keep telling myself that it’s weekend bloat.
Luce

Post by Luce »

Yes, if I was an outside exerciser then I'd imagine I'd be using this weather as an excellent excuse!

I skipped bodypump on Saturday and went to the gym instead and it was fun, I was doing stuff with ropes. Spin tomorrow and my dad is coming with me so that'll be interesting!
Edith Bacon

Post by Edith Bacon »

I walked reluctantly yesterday and much more willingly today. Stayed dry but got blown about a bit.
smalex

Post by smalex »

Sorry you feel so flat about it Pip. The programme will have done you good even if it didn't help with weight loss (this time), and mondays definitely are terrible for weigh ins!

Well done Lucy and Edith. It's my day of rest today.
bramblerose

Post by bramblerose »

Maybe you need to change what you do Pip? I think you've done great but if you're not enjoying it?

Swimming this morning then an hour in the gym doing boxing and some strength before a tough 30 minutes of Sprint. My legs are not feeling like they are part of me at the moment :))
Do not walk behind me, for I may not lead. Do not walk ahead of me, for I may not follow. Do not walk beside me either, just fuck off and leave me alone.
Pippedydeadeye
Directory Pipquiries

Post by Pippedydeadeye »

J has suggested upping the weights and lowering the reps. I did enjoy it mostly, honest! Just didn’t finish on a real high. Maybe I should try not scoffing at the diet tips. :)

Yoga tonight was good. We did sun salutations!
geek_kitten

Post by geek_kitten »

I also wonder if it might be time for a change, pip, at least for a couple of weeks? HIIT is a pretty demanding protocol and if it's at the stage when you've stopped seeing progress and you aren't enjoying it, that's a fairly clear sign you need a break.
Luce

Post by Luce »

A change is as good as a rest!

I really just phoned it in for Bodypump tonight. Which is strange because I should have been fuelled by rage at some bitch moving my already-set-up-stuff so she could take my spot and be next to her mate and said absolutely nothing to me, not even a 'whoops, sorry'!
Edith Bacon

Post by Edith Bacon »

Oh my GOD! That’s beyond rude, Luce. How did you not throw a kettlebell at her face?!
Pippedydeadeye
Directory Pipquiries

Post by Pippedydeadeye »

You should have killed her!
mojojojo

Post by mojojojo »

My legs are not my own either, Brambs, following Pilates tonight. Hadn’t been for a couple of weeks though and I did really enjoy it tonight.

Luce! How bloody rude!

That sounds worth a try, Pip (the lower weights)
Luce

Post by Luce »

I had a horrible moment where I was so angry I thought I would cause a scene! :lol: If she had just been nice/apologetic about it, I would have been less annoyed.
Edith Bacon

Post by Edith Bacon »

I just walked and it was horrible. J came with me for moral support :lol: I can’t wait for spring.
mojojojo

Post by mojojojo »

Think how lovely it will be, Edith. And surely not long now :look:
smalex

Post by smalex »

45 min run, doing sprint intervals. It went quite well and I quite enjoyed it. The weather is horrible though, you're right edith. It's this time of year I desperately crave spring. I wish it was more dependable...It could be three weeks away, it could be 8 or 10 weeks away.
H1ppychick

Post by H1ppychick »

I’ve just done Core Stability (on a ball) follows by Total Conditioning (with dumbbells) followed by BodyJAM. I’m a bit knackered now, even though for the first two classes I’m pretty much a novice and was taking all the wimp-out options possible. Enjoyed the last one the most which was with my favourite instructor.

What’s the betting that even with the piddliest weights everything will be aching tomorrow?