February Fitness

Luce

Re: February Fitness

Post by Luce »

I don't know what Bodyjam is but that sounds fun! I wish my gym has more dance style classes.

Edith, as always, I take my hat off to you! You're sticking with it so well!
mojojojo

Post by mojojojo »

Usual club run for me last night- 5 miles at about 10.5 mms which felt harder than it should have, but I did enjoy it.

I slept really heavily last night, which is really unusually for me. Today is a rest day - I can practically hear angels singing when I wake up and realise I don’t have to run at the moment :lol: :ballet: 😇
Pippedydeadeye
Directory Pipquiries

Post by Pippedydeadeye »

I’m having a rest week now I’ve done. It feels great!

I’m torn now, I feel I ought to cancel something, either J’s online classes (accountability is good, and I’ve made actual local friends) or LMOD (loads of choice & fun).
Edith Bacon

Post by Edith Bacon »

Luce wrote: Tue Feb 18, 2020 11:01 pm I don't know what Bodyjam is but that sounds fun! I wish my gym has more dance style classes.

Edith, as always, I take my hat off to you! You're sticking with it so well!
That’s lovely of you to say, Lucy. I did my walk this morning with a bit more of a spring in my step - I was keen to get it out of the way before the forecast rain arrives this afternoon.
geek_kitten

Post by geek_kitten »

I am v impressed by everyone doing stuff outdoors in this weather!

Having an involuntary few rest days since I skillfully removed a bit of my finger on Monday night and had to go to A&E (minor injuries being closed) because I couldn't stop the bleeding (three ruined tea towels and multiple wound dressings before I got to hospital!). Can't grip anything (or wear gloves!).
Edith Bacon

Post by Edith Bacon »

Ouch! I hope it heals quickly, geek.
Pippedydeadeye
Directory Pipquiries

Post by Pippedydeadeye »

How did you manage that Geek? Sounds horrible, I hope it heals quickly.
Luce

Post by Luce »

Ouch, Geek!
geek_kitten

Post by geek_kitten »

I was innocently chopping a pepper 😭 I hope it heals quickly too, it's extremely annoying. And anything to do with fingers squicks me out 🙄
bramblerose

Post by bramblerose »

Oooh geek! Heal quickly!

Commuted to and from work today and it was the first day this year, I have been well and truly drenched by the time I got home. I'm glad I put my waterproof jacket on this morning even though it makes me sweat :flirt:
Do not walk behind me, for I may not lead. Do not walk ahead of me, for I may not follow. Do not walk beside me either, just fuck off and leave me alone.
mojojojo

Post by mojojojo »

Hill reps tonight. reeeeeally didn’t want to go, so even though I took it a bit too easy, I’m counting it as a win.
Hazey_Jane

Post by Hazey_Jane »

Annoyingly, every time I start up exercising on a regular basis- either going to the gym or swimming- I come down with a heavy cold. Every. Single. Time.
smalex

Post by smalex »

6miles last night. Felt quite good.
mojojojo

Post by mojojojo »

3 miles of freezing lunchtime recovery jog here. I’m barcode scanning at Parkrun tomorrow, so nothing now until my long run on Sunday.
smalex

Post by smalex »

I've just done 3miles recovery too. How far are you going Sunday? I'm on 11ish (1:50). Weather looks shit again :cry:
mojojojo

Post by mojojojo »

smalex wrote: Fri Feb 21, 2020 6:33 pm I've just done 3miles recovery too. How far are you going Sunday? I'm on 11ish (1:50). Weather looks shit again :cry:
15, but it will be a recce of the 20 mile course for the week after (it’s a lapped course), so that I can scope for loos and practice pre race nutrition (zero, largely). I’m not sure how it’s going to go :fc:

The weather does look horrible in the morning :cry:
Luce

Post by Luce »

My poor gym is underwater for the third weekend in a row :cry:
Edith Bacon

Post by Edith Bacon »

You runners are amazing!

Oh no, Luce! Is there anywhere else you can train?

I missed my walk on Thursday due to travelling and then yesterday because I flat out refused to go out in the horrendous weather. I had one in the bag from earlier in the month and I’ve done today’s walk, so I owe myself just one, which I will catch up the first reasonable chance I get. It feels a bit petty keeping count like this but it’s the only way to keep myself accountable and on track. If I give myself an inch I take a mile :ella:
mojojojo

Post by mojojojo »

Well done Edith. It would have been easy to let it slide after a couple of unavoidable misses.
Pippedydeadeye
Directory Pipquiries

Post by Pippedydeadeye »

Absolutely Edith. You’re doing brilliantly with only one to catch up.

I’m doing nothing today, will start again tomorrow. Maybe with one of J’s bonus workouts.